Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer** UPDATE** PS has passed away RIP

TMZ has a brief article quoting his manager or agent as saying that the cancer is not as widespread or dire as reported and that Patrick is positively responding to treatment. I hope that this is the case. :eek:

I was so shocked to hear this! And I am so sad!

My daughter's ballet instructor had some connections with him and his mother, and her studio. I have seen photos of him when he was young--stunning.

I'm going to bet he beats this and recovers!

I am watching CW and they keep flashing it across the screen as a spotlight.

I suspect this is very true. I am so sorry for him and his family. He looks so much like my youngest brother, Barry. I loved Ghost and so much of his work. Sending prayers is the best thing we can do as pancreatic cancer does not have a good dx.

My dad was given the proverbial "less than six months" and it took him over 3 years to succumb. Strength and peace, Patrick. You still give my heart flip-flops!!

How awful! On the positive side, my nephew's mother-in-law was diagnosed a little over six years ago and she's doing well. I know she's the exception rather than the rule and probably a miracle, but it's good to know it can be beaten.

My SO has always been told he looks like Patrick Swayze, so it's a little unsettling looking at him and imagining how awful it would be if it were him.

Gosh, so sad. My favorite is Dirty Dancing. It was filmed near where I lived growing up, so I've watched it over and over. Prayers for him and his family.

I love that movie too. He is such a good actor. Isn't that what took Michael Landon's life? This breaks my heart. I wish he would go to Cancer Treatment Center of America. He's still so young.

From what his doctor says Patrick is doing well and there is hope. His time to live isn't limited and he had very little of the cancer. Looking of the picture of Patrick on that news link I would believe that he has lost 20 lbs. His face is so thin. I'm going to hope for the best and go by his doctor's statement right now. Doesn't seem like he could make a new movie if he was as deathly sick as the NE is saying. I really hope he can beat this horrible stuff.

I've never heard of it but will check it out.

Please do! It's a "must see" for any Swayze fan. If you enjoy watching him dance, you'll love this. He's older in this 2004 movie and still has all the moves.

Hi dear Friends, Greta has a spot on Patrick coming up next and also will have a doctor to explain his cancer.

I am in a state of shock. xox

ETA: They said it was caught early, he has been quite busy lately and it is not the dire case we read in the Enquirer. The doctor pointed out the symptoms telling how it is most usually not found until it has spread to other organs, that they don't tell patients these days how much time they have left but just to make good use of the time they do have.

Websleuthers all were right on point! YaYa It is still so sad to know he will have to deal with such a rare form of cancer where there is really no cure. There are interesting possibilities on the horizon like meds that block the blood flow to the tumor, but they are really in beginning stages.

I am amazed reading thru the thread how many people do get this form of cancer as they said it is quite rare. That made me think of all the other people out there with other cancers that have struck so many people. I thought cancer was on it's way to being cured, well, for certain types like breast cancer.

Prayers for Patrick and tonight for every on who suffers from this dreaded disease.

PS: A little special Krams to Floh who I seldom get to see anymore. xox

You are so right Tom'sGirl. Little Noah was only 2 when diagnosed...and barely three when he died.

Prayers to Patrick and his family! :(

It's wonderful to see you BrownEyes, To us here at WS little Noah is almost a part of the family. He was one adorable little guy and the good thing is we all know he was dearly loved. ;}

Wow, I just heard this on Greta about an hour ago. So sad to hear. My prayers for Patrick and everyone who loves him.

I always loved his chip n dale dancing with Chris Farley on SNL. SOOOOOO dang funny.
That was hysterical, I remember it. Also loved Ghost, Dirty Dancing and Point Break. Never saw Too Wong Fu and didn't care for Roadhouse, although DH liked it.

Everyone who cares about Patrick should read his bio on IMDB. He met his wife when she was a 15 year old dancing student of his mom's.
There are some really thoughtful quotes from him about his bout with alcohol abuse, and especially about his spiritual beliefs.
His view of life after death seems so poignant now.

I've never known anyone to survive pancreatic cancer for very long, even with aggressive surgical resection of the pancreas.
God bless you Patrick! Dance like the wind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back