NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raleigh a.m. radio 680 news is reporting that the baseball hat could be connected to the Hoover Crips gang. Also, Eve's cell phone was located about 1 1/2 miles away from where she was murdered. I hope they find this spos. This is my new acronym - the first s stands for stupid.

Sorry, I didn't see you'd already posted about the cell phone being located.

And that acronym fits them perfectly, tinytown!

:mad: spos :furious:

I hope that shopping center had some camera's outside. I'm also hoping these used her phone....if they did and dropped it off in a public place and get caught on camera WOW, they are more stupid than we thought.

If they kept the phone a day or two can't they trace the pings to get a location of the phone. I'm sure people called her that day not knowing the news. Sorry if this has been discussed already...just thinking and typing away!!

I really don't think it will be long now. I wonder if they are on the run?? I bet the guy in the picture doesn't have his fro now...or it's in cornrows...but then again he might not be that smart.

I hope so too. I think it's just a matter of time now. Someone will turn him in if they are desperate enough for the money. But if we are dealing with a gang member it might take a little longer then we would like because people become more afraid and less willing to help when a gang member is involved. I think gang members count on that. I still can't get his cocky smug look out of my mind. .

I know , that , with his that smirk on his face. He looks so satisfied with himself. I can't stand it :furious: either!

I think like LitteRNB mentioned earlier, that LE has informants that are already in custody, and they will rat him out , with LE's word of keeping their id unknown.

I hope that's the case.
I pray for an arrest soon!

it's being reported on another crime site that LE is also looking for a second POI, the guy in the backseat in the ATM picture.

Where is Hoover, is that a town nearby or a high school? I've read the hat is fworn by the Hoover Bloods.

Howdy from Chatham County NC, Sweetmop! Our posts are passing each other right and left. Dwight, I was thinking the same thing about the cornrows. I think you're right about tracking the cell phone pings. No matter how he alters his appearance, I hope someone comes forward to name the spos. I heard on WRAL-TV that the reward was up to $55,000. That should be plenty of incentive to turn him in.

Subhuman and soon to be sent to jail, I pray.

How do you think this ties in to our timeline? Did someone use her CCs to shop the day of her death? And why leave her phone there, with battery connected and allow LE to trace it?

This gets more puzzling as we go.

c6

Hi, all. I have not been active on here since the Laci Peterson case, but this one has caught me up. I'm a Carolina alum, and my child is in school there, also, Sweetmop. She's in grad school and lives there now, so is not home for spring break, unfortunately.

Just want to mention what eagle eyes some of you have, seeing all the details in the ATM photo.

And it breaks my heart to hear this news, first about such a wonderful young woman, and secondly, about such a wonderful and otherwise placid little town, though admittedly I have been away too long.

-- Peaches

maybe it's just me, but this kid has a very unique look about him...I mean, his face, especially his mouth area. I hope somebody remembers him.

I think she gave up her ATM password to him/them thinking they would let her go...LE saying no other injuries to her body. I bet she got away and started to run on one side of the road, that's when they shot her and then somehow she ran across to the other side of the road where she was found...because her blood was found on both sides of the road.

Hi, all. I have not been active on here since the Laci Peterson case, but this one has caught me up. I'm a Carolina alum, and my child is in school there, also, Sweetmop. She's in grad school and lives there now, so is not home for spring break, unfortunately.

Just want to mention what eagle eyes some of you have, seeing all the details in the ATM photo.

And it breaks my heart to hear this news, first about such a wonderful young woman, and secondly, about such a wonderful and otherwise placid little town, though admittedly I have been away too long.

-- Peaches

My hubby and I are Carolina alums as well! :woohoo: :clap:

This horrid crime breaks my heart too.

It is so sad that this violence has taken away from the beauty, serenity and security that we had when in school down there! It is certainly a whole different world now! Sad and unfortunate.

The Raleigh a.m. radio station said Hoover Crips, but I don't have any gang knowledge to be able to say more. Truth be told, my knowledge of gang culture could fill a thimble. I live ten miles from Chapel Hill and I don't think there is a town called Hoover around here.
WSPeaches, my son attends UNC-Asheville. He was just visiting his UNC-CH friends on campus the day after Eve was murdered. Everyone is in shock. This crime is generating so much fear for the students.

Howdy from Chatham County NC, Sweetmop! Our posts are passing each other right and left. Dwight, I was thinking the same thing about the cornrows. I think you're right about tracking the cell phone pings. No matter how he alters his appearance, I hope someone comes forward to name the spos. I heard on WRAL-TV that the reward was up to $55,000. That should be plenty of incentive to turn him in.

That's great that the reward money's been increased.
Surely someone has the decency to come forward, and do the right thing!

Yes! someone knows who this is!!!

Here's another YouTube video about when Eve was elected student body president:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpFp_N2xYUU&feature=related

FF to 1:28 to see the part about Eve....

I have thought about this case all day at work. It just makes me ill. I live in Auburn and I have been plenty upset about Lauren Burk, but there was just something about beautiful Eve and the evil overkill that took her life that makes me want to smash something. :furious: If it's true about a shotgun AND a pistol...she was blown apart. WHY???????????

in looking at the enhanced photo, it looks to me like something plaid right behind the drivers seat...like a Burberry plaid, does anybody else see that?

I don't know of any Hoover, NC. I think that name came from California and the gang has spread across the country.

I'll bet these guys are from Durham or Raleigh.

Hi, Sweetmop and Chatham County-ite Tinytown! What the heck is going on in NC since I left? Gone, I guess, are the days when I would go out in the morning and find my purse in the car where I had left it the night before. We used to keep our garage door unlocked so the kids could come and go without a key, and everyone else in the neighborhood knew about it, and most of our neighbors left one door or another unlocked, too.

This was not that long ago!!

Murdershewrote, I know next to nothing about gang activity, but Hoover St. is a street that runs down past USC and further south in L.A. From googling, I see several sites mention it as the home territory of the Hoover Crips (not vouching for their accuracy, but here's one):

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hoover+Criminal+Gang

Regarding the cell phone, police knew information sooner than today about that. She called a friend of mine the night before her death, and he was called in for questioning because of it. He's obviously clean, but he led me to believe her call was why he was pinpointed, as he didn't have any other contact with her really. There was a charity date auction, and he paid $300 to go on a date with her. They were supposed to go next Thursday. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288