NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavily armed Durham police, surrounding a house before dawn Thursday, captured the second of two men charged with murder in the shooting of the student body president at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Lawrence Alvin Lovette Jr., 17, surrendered to officers from the department's Selective Enforcement Team outside a house on Cook Road. Police had surrounded the house hours before.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2568641/

this is great news:clap: .....now, on to justice being served!

again, odd how people see things differently; I think it's clear as a bell from the pics that Lovett is the driver, and Atwater is the guy in the convenience store (who never really looked the same as the driver) -- the minute I saw that original ATM, I thought to myself that is no man, that is a 16-18 yr. old boy, and when they announced a 2nd person in the backseat I immediately assumed he would turn out to be older and directing the boy-jerk on his gang initiation.
Haven't caught the morning news yet to know if the scared li'l creep is caught yet, or maybe he'll do the right thing and blow his own brains out -- the thought of my tax money going to provide him free room and board and medical care for the next 70 yrs. is revolting.

Great news about the 2nd capture, but I have to agree with Webthrush.

Oh, what wonderful news this morning!!! I'm so glad they got him.

Wonderful news!
I applaud the dedicated men and women in LE that brought these 2 thugs in!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

They got 'em Eve. :blowkiss:

Eve Marie Carson
1985-2008

This is wonderful news I appauld LE for bringing them in:clap: :clap: :clap: These 2 scumbags should be off the street!!JMO

I think it's clear as a bell from the pics that Lovett is the driver, and Atwater is the guy in the convenience store (who never really looked the same as the driver) -- the minute I saw that original ATM, I thought to myself that is no man, that is a 16-18 yr. old boy, and when they announced a 2nd person in the backseat.

I totally agree.

(snipped)
(p.s. I was told by a mod that the death penalty discussion belonged in the parking lot. Thanks.)

Believe me when I say I don't mean to cause trouble, but weren't we just discussing whether or not the DP would be applied to the 17 yr old in this case? I would think that's ok in a crime thread as it relates to the murderer. :waitasec:

Maybe I missed someone stating the pro's and con's of the DP, because I know that belongs on the DP thread. :confused:

Virginia Barbee, a friend of Lovett's family from the Pine Knolls neighborhood in Chapel Hill, where Melissa Lovette grew up, said Lovette and her late husband adopted Lawrence.
"The boy just had problems after [his father] died. He was very close to him," Barbee said. "I cannot say that that was a boy that was just bad. He just really fell apart after his adopted father died. [Melissa Lovette] was doing everything she could to just help make a difference, but he just fell apart. His adopted father had just done so much with him and for him that he just couldn't handle it.
"He was a good boy."

http://www.newsobserver.com/2811/story/998319-p2.html

again, odd how people see things differently; I think it's clear as a bell from the pics that Lovett is the driver, and Atwater is the guy in the convenience store (who never really looked the same as the driver) -- the minute I saw that original ATM, I thought to myself that is no man, that is a 16-18 yr. old boy, and when they announced a 2nd person in the backseat I immediately assumed he would turn out to be older and directing the boy-jerk on his gang initiation.
Haven't caught the morning news yet to know if the scared li'l creep is caught yet, or maybe he'll do the right thing and blow his own brains out -- the thought of my tax money going to provide him free room and board and medical care for the next 70 yrs. is revolting.

I agree webthrush- Lovette looks like the driver and Atwater the guy at the convenience store.

Believe me when I say I don't mean to cause trouble, but weren't we just discussing whether or not the DP would be applied to the 17 yr old in this case? I would think that's ok in a crime thread as it relates to the murderer. :waitasec:

Maybe I missed someone stating the pro's and con's of the DP, because I know that belongs on the DP thread. :confused:

I agree Taxi. I thought it applied to this case. Not whether he SHOULD get the death penalty. I thought that is what is being discussed in the parking lot. If there should be death penalty, I thought it was a debate.

Virginia Barbee, a friend of Lovett's family from the Pine Knolls neighborhood in Chapel Hill, where Melissa Lovette grew up, said Lovette and her late husband adopted Lawrence.
"The boy just had problems after [his father] died. He was very close to him," Barbee said. "I cannot say that that was a boy that was just bad. He just really fell apart after his adopted father died. [Melissa Lovette] was doing everything she could to just help make a difference, but he just fell apart. His adopted father had just done so much with him and for him that he just couldn't handle it.
"He was a good boy."

http://www.newsobserver.com/2811/story/998319-p2.html

That is sad, but you don't go killing people just because your dad died. If anything, you should be more understanding of what killing someone else can do to a person or family!!

It would really surprise me if Lovette is the one that did the actual killing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth