GUILTY IN - Pregnant teller shot in Indy bank robbery, twin babies die, 22 April 2008

I was told by my doctor that in Indiana they consider a fetus is viable at 22 weeks.

Thanks for the updates. Any news on whether Katherin's family is able to come to the U.S. to be with her?

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ind_break&ts=T&tmi=ind_break_1_11340704252008

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

INDIANAPOLIS -- Unborn twins a bank teller was carrying when she was shot in a robbery earlier this week have died.

The Marion County Coroner's Office confirmed to 6News' Jack Rinehart early Friday afternoon that Katherin Shuffield's twins died on Thursday night. Shuffield was five months pregnant

That is so sad! I just heard this on the radio and got so upset. I hope they find the guy that did this and charge him w/ murder.

Quite upset here too. Such pain and loss this woman must endure.

I was told by my doctor that in Indiana they consider a fetus is viable at 22 weeks.

Was she at 22 weeks? The way people count with months and weeks seems to differ depending on who you talk to. If one goes by 4 weeks/month she wouldn't be there yet. But then other methods say she would be. So what's the official word?

First thing I thought when I read the twins had died was I hope they can get this bass turd for double murder. :behindbar

Just quoting from the article:

"The shooter probably will not face murder charges in the deaths of the fetuses, Rinehart reported. Such a charge for a fetus typically doesn't come into play unless the fetus has had seven months of development."

The whole thing makes me so sad. I really do feel for this woman and her family.:(

Just quoting from the article:

"The shooter probably will not face murder charges in the deaths of the fetuses, Rinehart reported. Such a charge for a fetus typically doesn't come into play unless the fetus has had seven months of development."

The whole thing makes me so sad. I really do feel for this woman and her family.:(

Well crap. I'm intentionally not commenting further but I think y'all know how I feel - I'm willing to bet we all feel that way.

:behindbar

Well crap. I'm intentionally not commenting further but I think y'all know how I feel - I'm willing to bet we all feel that way.

:behindbar

You got that right. They should be charged with murder and the other's charged with accessory to murder. That poor family. Makes me sick.:mad:

Whether she was 5 months or 9 months, those were BABIES not FETUSES!!! How terribly sad for the family. They better find the perps and throw the book at them!!!!!! :behindbar

My 30 yr old daughter is expecting her 1st in September and from the moment they knew they're expecting that baby is my precious grandchild, not a disposable piece of tissue!

My daughter who is expecting in Oct was so upset about her losing the babies. She believes they should be charged with 2 counts of murder and 1 attempted murder.

My sister lost a set of twins at 5 months. She went to the hospital because she was feeling unwell and an ultrasound revealed that they had died. I was there when the babies were born (labour had to be induced) and I can tell you that they were very developed human beings at that stage of pregnancy. It was one of the worst days of my life and I will never forget it. I can't imagine what this poor woman is going through. I think they should be charged with murder. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Here in Canada, after 20 weeks a baby is considered a viable fetus. Labour must be induced rather than d&c, and a deceased baby past 20 weeks must be buried or cremated the same as any other person. They have the same rights as a full term baby and that should include murder charges. I'm not sure if our laws are the same here in regards to murder.

What kind of twisted shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach? Someone who is of no use to society, thats who! Shame on you and I hope this haunts you every second of everyday for the rest of your pitiful existence.:mad:

I just heard on the news that Katherin's mother has arrived from Peru.

I just saw this and I am so upset. When I was reading the thread I was so hoping the babies would survive. I hope they finally caught the guy. Does anyone know if she is still in the hospital?

Two days after the shooting, Shuffield lost her twin girls. She remains hospitalized with an infection left by the bullet that passed through her abdomen. She said that the most difficult thing to bear is the loss of the unborn twins, who were not far enough along for the gunman to be charged with murder in their deaths.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/16150412/detail.html

I found this article that says she was still hospitalized as of 5/4. It is a heartbreaking account of what she went through that day.:mad:

No, she was released from the hospital within a couple of weeks after the incident. It was my understanding that she had returned to her mother's home in Peru to recuperate after her discharge, but I don't know if that happened.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back