The Box From Hell (BFH) - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Sherlock had to transcribe my paperwork after I am gone, it would be worse than the box from hell...what I do keep, is all over the place, the rest, who knows! I am very glad it is not my life being posted, you all would never make sense of this mess, lol!

Thanks Sherlock, it is certainly a huge task, and we appreciate having it to view!

I know it was briefly discussed a few weeks ago, but I still don't feel comfortable that GB would have been treated at Childrens Hospital in SF in early 1981. I'm going to give them a call to see how far back records are kept. The amount of the check does not look like a donation.

When gathering the checkbook information I was not putting the deposits into the program. Was originally interested only in seeing who GW was paying with checks. After finding a large deposit of $10,000 on Feb 29, 1980, I've decided to go back and enter all the deposits. This could have been another loan from the bank, or who knows?

I know it was briefly discussed a few weeks ago, but I still don't feel comfortable that GB would have been treated at Childrens Hospital in SF in early 1981. I'm going to give them a call to see how far back records are kept. The amount of the check does not look like a donation.

Good idea. That has always bothered me as well. It might take some time to get anywhere. I work, (as needed) at our small local hospital in accounting, and records that old are stored off site. It takes an act of God, (or a warrant) for anyone to brave the cave they are stored in.

I had some copies of this admission which I have sent to Sherlock.

Waiting for a return call from someone who works at the hospital. They are going to research this bill. I have to laugh at this because GW deducted the cost of anesthia saying GB didn't get any anesthetic during a 1.25 hour surgery. Guess that's why he called him "Mr. Natural".

Also called Bank of America on Fillmore St in SF, they only keep records for 7 years. They went as far as asking for the account number to make sure, and unfortunately nothing was found in their records.

Attachments

• ChHosp2.jpg
    ChHosp2.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 188
  • ChHosp1.jpg
    ChHosp1.jpg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 184
Why is his name listed on the statement as "George Bee"?

Why is his name listed on the statement as "George Bee"?
This is one of the many aliases he used. The fact that these statements were found in the BFH with notes in GW's handwriting verifies that they are indeed referring to surgery performed on GB.

Aargghhhhhh! Records are destroyed after 10 years. We've got to find at least one path without a roadblock!

I found Dr. Victor Richards in a 1970 SF city directory. Practice listed at 3700 California SF, CA General Thoracic surgery. Looks like the Doctor was for Brody.

Why would a childrens hospital have treated an 80 yr old man?
It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Why would a childrens hospital have treated an 80 yr old man?
It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

i said the same thing before. why did gb have a phobia of hospitals? and being at a childrens hospital make him feel better?. were childrens hospitals like they are today colored walls toys happy thoughts and such? i still think we need to look more into that hospital

The only thing that remotely makes sense, is GW had some "in" with the childrens hospital as a doctor, which leads me to wonder, if anyone other associates of GW were treated at this hospital, and perhaps by the same physician, or refered by another physician GW was closely associated with. Who would that be? Anna?

Before Annasmom was married to Joe, did GW combine alimony and child support into one Money order, or did he send 2, one for each?

As I'm sure everyone agrees, it is very odd that he chose to send only 3 personal checks for child support, and that they were the 3 months leading up to her disappearance. It's almost like he needed proof, (cancelled check or something) that he was actually paying that amount.

There are so many things that seem odd. Especially the numerous loans. What were they for? Where was the money going? What in the world were they doing with all of those cash withdrawals, (many on the same day of each other. Brody's Safe deposit box cash was just a drop on the bucket for all this unaccounted money.

Thank you Sherlock for all the many hours you have spent working on this. You are A-OK! :)

Before Annasmom was married to Joe, did GW combine alimony and child support into one Money order, or did he send 2, one for each?

As I'm sure everyone agrees, it is very odd that he chose to send only 3 personal checks for child support, and that they were the 3 months leading up to her disappearance. It's almost like he needed proof, (cancelled check or something) that he was actually paying that amount.

There are so many things that seem odd. Especially the numerous loans. What were they for? Where was the money going? What in the world were they doing with all of those cash withdrawals, (many on the same day of each other. Brody's Safe deposit box cash was just a drop on the bucket for all this unaccounted money.

Thank you Sherlock for all the many hours you have spent working on this. You are A-OK! :)
Alimony and child support payments were sent separately, at different times of the month, and receipts for each one as well as a handwritten list, checked off, are in the BFH. Another odd thing is that the last child support payment (December, 1972). listed her name as Anna Christian Eifee Waters
on the envelope. I did not keep the other envelopes, but I did keep this one because I thought it was unusual for him to direct mail to her and to use the "Eifee" in the address.

Annasmom, this may have been asked before and if so, I am sorry. Did the child support check come at the usual time in January, 1973? Did it come at all? When was the child support due date?

Annasmom, this may have been asked before and if so, I am sorry. Did the child support check come at the usual time in January, 1973? Did it come at all? When was the child support due date?
I think the payments for Anna came around the first of the month (there is a check from B of A dated Oct.27,1972, for instance), and I am pretty sure there was one for January, 1973, though I don't find it in the receipts. My memory is that the alimony checks came in mid-month. All of these were sent by certified mail, and the receipts for same (but not all of them) were in the BFH.

Who or what is Ali and Al? Could Ali/Al be Anna? There are 2 references in GW cash withdrawals for Ali in 72. One for $175 which was Anna's child support amount. Then later starting in 75 there are numerous credit card references to Al. (Diners club, AM EX, 2 gas credit cards, and insurance).

Annasmom, I guess what I was getting at is if he did not send a child support payment in Jan. 1973 then he might have known that he wouldn't have to pay one.

Iw, I also assumed Ali was his abbreviation for Alimony. AI is some sort of insurance, perhaps Accidental Insurance or American Insurance. Your guess is as good as mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member