NC - Sean Paddock, 4, suffocated, Johnston County, 26 Feb 2006

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Adoptive Johnston mother indicted on first-degree murder charge
A Johnston County grand jury on Monday indicted an adoptive mother whose 4-year-old son died of suffocation last month when he was tightly bound in blankets as punishment.

Lynn Paddock, 45, was indicted on a charge of first-degree murder.

Paddock had originally been charged with second-degree murder, but District Attorney Tom Lock said he asked the grand jury to indict Paddock on first-degree charges because the abusive nature of the death was "so extreme" it crossed into torture.

More: http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article_ap?id=82178

:doh: What is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!

I did a search on "Lynn Paddock" and couldn't find a thread on this already, so I apologize if this is a duplicate thread.

This lady seems psycho, beating her other kids and such. These types of people should NOT adopt kids.

Poor child :(
Rest in peace, little angel.

I dont understand how people like that can adopt, I mean isnt it a very strict procedure they go through for adoption?

I don't get it. Why would someone adopt children, then abuse them. What are they thinking?

Why did they adopt them in the first place?

I get so upset with these people who abuse little ones just because they can. Because the child is helpless?!

:furious:
fran

I am speachless... I do not understand how anyone could do this.

I will post a line when I get a chance but at long last this masquerading as a human is going to trial

Wow, Sherri79....that article is the stuff nightmares are made from!!! I have a huge question. Here is a line from the article:

"Ray said he would change a few things, though. He'd haul in a double-wide trailer and torch the house where he lived with Lynn Paddock so many years. "

He apparently, sold the farm and would be willing to move back into a double-wide where this statement from the posted article illustrated the degree to which the abuse happened:

"Kayla, now 10, tries to hurt herself, too, the doctor reports. Her foster family has found her stabbing herself with pencils and biting herself. Nighttime terrifies her. "I'm afraid when I go to sleep that somebody is going to kill me," Kayla told the doctor last fall."

Here is my question: Where was Ray during all of this abuse? I am glad Lynn Paddock is in jail, but I think perhaps there are others who might have suspected the "...lashings with plastic plumbing pipe, meals deprived and mouths taped shut to keep them from talking to each other...." was maybe not exactly the "normal" way for a family to exist.

Big sigh..... just another example of why I don't think I can personally go into law enforcement. :furious::furious::furious:

Wow, Sherri79....that article is the stuff nightmares are made from!!! I have a huge question. Here is a line from the article:

"Ray said he would change a few things, though. He'd haul in a double-wide trailer and torch the house where he lived with Lynn Paddock so many years. "

He apparently, sold the farm and would be willing to move back into a double-wide where this statement from the posted article illustrated the degree to which the abuse happened:

"Kayla, now 10, tries to hurt herself, too, the doctor reports. Her foster family has found her stabbing herself with pencils and biting herself. Nighttime terrifies her. "I'm afraid when I go to sleep that somebody is going to kill me," Kayla told the doctor last fall."

Here is my question: Where was Ray during all of this abuse? I am glad Lynn Paddock is in jail, but I think perhaps there are others who might have suspected the "...lashings with plastic plumbing pipe, meals deprived and mouths taped shut to keep them from talking to each other...." was maybe not exactly the "normal" way for a family to exist.

Big sigh..... just another example of why I don't think I can personally go into law enforcement. :furious::furious::furious:
ray is the oldest boy. he misses his father but hates the home he lived in with his mother.

johnny is the husband that sold the farm.

hope this clears it up for you.
Ray, 17, has been lashing out at school, picking fights with other students and once getting kicked out for bringing a knife, the doctor reports. He's trying for the second time to pass the ninth grade; Cooper said all of the children were woefully behind for their ages under Lynn Paddock's home-schooling. Ray misses his dad, Johnny Paddock, and wants to drop out of school and go work with him. He, too, has been tempted to kill himself, the doctor found.
this still leaves unanswered where johnny the father was during the abuse.

Oh, Sherri79, I am SO sorry for thinking Ray was the "husband"!!! :blushing::banghead: I read through this thread entirely too fast. Poor Ray, he was in that Hell, and Oh My God, I wish I could give him a hug and make it all just a nightmare. I guess I am sort of proud of Ray for wanting to move back there....in a double wide, and not in "the house". Maybe he wants to move back and "overcome". I wish him well. My heart breaks for all of the children involved in this nightmare. What the heck was wrong with Lynn that made her this monster? A tiny, ridiculous part of me, wants to think she DID think she was doing it for their own good. That makes no sense whatsoever!!! ANY sane person would have known that you were torturing, not helping these poor, beautiful, wonderful children. Sometimes, I want to exorcise the part of me that will forever seek to see "good" in the hearts of those who have proven themselves to be "evil". I guess I need my own therapist. No I don't..........I have YOU. Thanks to each of you. I can't tell you how much you have meant to my apparently well adjusted adult life. :blowkiss:

I don't get it. Why would someone adopt children, then abuse them. What are they thinking?

Why did they adopt them in the first place?

I get so upset with these people who abuse little ones just because they can. Because the child is helpless?!

:furious:
fran

Hi Fran......mama here. Hope all is well with you!

Here is why and how this woman DID IT! I know lots of you guys don't read the links that are posted. Read this and how sick is this.

A pastor's tactics
While Ray blames himself for Sean's death, he also blames a stranger hundreds of miles away for coaxing his adoptive mother into a cruel discipline regimen. Lynn Paddock had been studying the teachings of Michael Pearl, an evangelical pastor from Tennessee who advises parents how to rear docile, God-fearing children.

"She had at least three big notebooks on that fool [Michael Pearl] and how to beat kids. I think that the fool ought to be sued and someone should show how to beat Pearl!" Ray told the doctor last November.

Michael Pearl declined to be interviewed for this report. The News & Observer visited Pearl at his church in Tennessee in 2006. At the time, Pearl said he couldn't be blamed for Paddock's discipline and that he never advocated wrapping children in blankets.

In the literature for Pearl's No Greater Joy ministry, he advises parents to whip children with plastic plumbing supply line. Paddock's children said in court last week that she kept a piece of the plumbing pipe in practically every room of their farmhouse and often stashed one in her wardrobe to avoid ever being without the instrument.

(Could you throw up already!)me, mama commenting!

Despite his animosity toward Pearl, Ray still craves religion and wants to return to his family's Primitive Baptist Church in Angier. Tami, on the other hand, has shunned her faith.

"I feel Lynn wounded me spiritually," Tami told the doctor. "I used to pray, and I loved to read the Bible, and I cannot get interested in the church since Sean was killed."

xxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

FAMILY ADDITIONS

Some of the Paddock children have been adopted by new families. Here's when they came to the Paddock home:
* Tami, now 21, was adopted by the Paddocks in 1996.
* Jessy, 20, is Johnny's biological child and was raised by Lynn since age 2.
* Ray, 17, was adopted by the Paddocks in 1998.
* Kayla, 10, was adopted by the Paddocks in 2003.
* David, 11, and Hannah, 9, were adopted along with their brother Sean in 2005.

SEPTEMBER 2001: Sean Ford is born; Wake County Human Services is involved with the infant's family after investigating reports that Sean's father, Dwayne Ford, was abusively disciplining his stepson.
DECEMBER 2002: Sean's day-care teacher called social workers when the infant arrived shivering, his lips blue from the cold. Social workers found no heat in the home; Sean's uncle, Ron Ford Jr., takes in the children but has to give them up six months later when finances become too strained.

MARCH 2003: Sean's father is charged with abusing the boy's siblings. (Dwayne Ford later pleads guilty. He is put on probation and ordered to stay away from the children.)

JUNE 2003: Sean and his siblings move into a Wake County foster home.

SEPTEMBER 2004: After several attempts to reunite the children with their birth mother, social workers give up, and they are legally severed from her care. The children are available for adoption.

OCTOBER 2004: Children's Home Society lines up Johnny and Lynn Paddock, a Johnston County couple who have adopted three other foster children through the private agency, to adopt the Ford children.

JANUARY 2005: Sean and his siblings first visit the Paddocks' farm outside Smithfield. Sean returns from the weekend visit with a bruise on his backside. Lynn Paddock said he fell off a bunk bed. He and his siblings said Paddock whipped him for playing with the family dog.

FEBRUARY 2005: Social workers conclude that Sean tumbled from the bunk bed and the Ford children resume their visits to the Paddock farm.

JULY 2005: The adoption is completed.

FEBRUARY 2006: Sean suffocates after being tightly bundled in blankets. Investigators determine Lynn Paddock has been spanking the children with plastic plumbing supply line. Lynn Paddock is charged with first-degree murder and child abuse. She has been in the Johnston County jail since.

FEBRUARY 2008: Sean’s biological grandparents sue the Paddocks, the state Department of Health and Human Services, Wake County Human Services and private adoption agency Children’s Home Society for the boy’s death. Ron Ford Sr. wants to learn how the agencies failed to protect Sean. The suit is still pending.

This poor kid never had a chance.

Hi Fran......mama here. Hope all is well with you!

Here is why and how this woman DID IT! I know lots of you guys don't read the links that are posted. Read this and how sick is this.

A pastor's tactics
While Ray blames himself for Sean's death, he also blames a stranger hundreds of miles away for coaxing his adoptive mother into a cruel discipline regimen. Lynn Paddock had been studying the teachings of Michael Pearl, an evangelical pastor from Tennessee who advises parents how to rear docile, God-fearing children.

"She had at least three big notebooks on that fool [Michael Pearl] and how to beat kids. I think that the fool ought to be sued and someone should show how to beat Pearl!" Ray told the doctor last November.

Michael Pearl declined to be interviewed for this report. The News & Observer visited Pearl at his church in Tennessee in 2006. At the time, Pearl said he couldn't be blamed for Paddock's discipline and that he never advocated wrapping children in blankets.

In the literature for Pearl's No Greater Joy ministry, he advises parents to whip children with plastic plumbing supply line. Paddock's children said in court last week that she kept a piece of the plumbing pipe in practically every room of their farmhouse and often stashed one in her wardrobe to avoid ever being without the instrument.

(Could you throw up already!)me, mama commenting!

Despite his animosity toward Pearl, Ray still craves religion and wants to return to his family's Primitive Baptist Church in Angier. Tami, on the other hand, has shunned her faith.

"I feel Lynn wounded me spiritually," Tami told the doctor. "I used to pray, and I loved to read the Bible, and I cannot get interested in the church since Sean was killed."

xxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Mama, I'd never heard of this Michael Pearl. I just quick did a Google and all I can say is "Yikes".

Most interesting at this link besides the titles of some of his books I found him answering his critics. He claims he has two groups of naysayers. The first group he describes as "A flock of homeschooling lesbians". I'd guess the "flock" don't beat their kids with plastic plumbing piping and their don't "train up" their children in the manner this man suggests.

Then I'm looking for the second group of naysayers. He doesn't label who these people are. No flock are they. He decides if you're interested in reading to address these people and ignore the lesbians "who are out in left field under the bleachers".

Man, that's frightening a guy like that has people following him period let alone reading his material and abiding by it. He's got a book out about sex as well. Now I'm betting that's real interesting and informative. I'm all for people practicing their chosen Religion and all, but I'm also allowed to fear it. I couldn't find any credentials so far this guy has that would give him the power to make decisions on how people should raise their kids and have sex. I guess that's for individuals to decide on.

The witch must have been seeking out special needs adoption kids so that she could collect checks on them each month until they are grown. Guess she thought she could straighten them out with her beatings as advised by a lunatic with false religion.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3032232/
Convicted

Jurors deliberated about 2½ hours before finding Lynn Paddock guilty of first-degree murder and felony child abuse in the Feb. 26, 2006, death of Sean Paddock. The jury determined the case qualified for first-degree murder as both torture and a murder carried out during a separate felony.

Paddock, 47, showed no emotion as the verdicts were read. The murder conviction carries an automatic sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

(more plus pic at link)

Life without Parole is too good for people like her.......I can't stand the abuse in any way of kids:behindbar.....

Welcome Ciara!

I'm glad there is justice for Sean. Why did this woman, who was abused as a child and ended up in foster care, think that abusing her adoptive children was the right thing to do?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back