Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the frontline idea. A few months back there was talk about approaching Readers Digest about a condensed version of Anna's story after the book was published. I don't know if that is something that can be coordinated with May 25th but I still think it is a fantastic idea with the number of readers.

There is also a place on AMW where people can email their story "My Story" ( linked on left at bottom on AMW home page) to be published on the website. I'm not sure if that has been approached previously.

From AMW's site: http://www.amw.com/about_amw/faq.cfm#cases

Submitting Cases
divider_green.gif

How do I submit a case to AMW?
Cases to be profiled on AMW are carefully chosen from the hundreds of requests we receive every week. Due to the high volume of requests we often need to make tough decisions when it comes to choosing which cases to profile. We make every attempt to cover cases from all parts of the country and all type of crimes. Our ultimate goal is to give a voice to the maximum number of victims possible and help find missing children and bring fugitives to justice.

If you would like to have a case considered for the show, please send all facts to:

America's Most Wanted
PO Box Crime TV
Washington DC 20016

Please make sure to note whether there is a known fugitive charged with the crime, or whether the perpetrator is yet to be identified. If charges have been filed, please note the police agency that filed the charges. It is also helpful to let us know what photos and/or video are available of the victim and the fugitive.

NOTE: We are not able to return materials, so do not send original or irreplaceable photos, documents, etc.

Nancy, our Canadian friend, has put up a notice regarding Searching for Anna on her Facebook page and suggests that Websleuthers who are also members of Facebook do the same.

Attachments

193.5 KB · Views: 192
It seems in my little world, many people are interested in the book, so I will be ordering several copies soon, and am directing folks to the book...people are very interested in the story. I have alot of friends in the bay area who want to read it, so they can hopefully pass the story along...soon, very soon, I hope I can get all of the books ordered!

It seems in my little world, many people are interested in the book, so I will be ordering several copies soon, and am directing folks to the book...people are very interested in the story. I have alot of friends in the bay area who want to read it, so they can hopefully pass the story along...soon, very soon, I hope I can get all of the books ordered!

Great, INH. And if you could post a rating or a review on the Lulu site, that would help us get an update there. We're currently stuck at 5,106th on their list. Thank you.

There is a new forensic assistant on Anna's case at the NCMEC, Laura Rockman, and she informs me that "we are pushing the media for Anna, distributing her photo as a child and her age-progressed image in USA Today, in Wal-Mart's in the surrounding states, and via ADVO (a mailing across the United States)." She adds "Let's keep our fingers crossed that these mailings result in some new leads so we can find Anna. "

Searching for Anna just came up today on Amazon.com, which makes it widely available to people outside our immediate circle. As yet there are no reviews and no ratings for the book, so even if you have posted same on the Lulu site, it would be great if you could do the same on the Amazon.com site. Thank you!

I have heard from a poster here that Amazon will only let you post a review if you have purchased a book through Amazon. Have you all had this same experience?

I have heard from a poster here that Amazon will only let you post a review if you have purchased a book through Amazon. Have you all had this same experience?
That seems to be the case, but there's an easy way around it. I ordered a book and wrote a review. Does anybody remember the story of the Little Red Hen?

I posted a review just now. It says it will be up within 48 hours. I must have purchased a book through Amazon in the past because it let me post the review. I'll post it over at Lulu as well.

I also signed up for Facebook, joined Nancy's "Searching for Anna" group there, and posted Anna's video on my page.

ETA - that was fast, the review's already up :)

I just now posted a review and rated 5 stars... mine showed immediately... and I believe I see Gina's out there along with Annasmom's review...

I posted a review at Amazon...however, when I ran a search for the book, it lists the book but not a picture of the cover, until you click on the book title...I think it is an important identifier in the search, to have the cover picture listed.

Did anyone send this to Oprah? I am going to send a story idea to her...perhaps we can get the book to her as well?

We're #435,834 on Amazom. Nowhere to go but up. :)
When we dropped to 613,158th on Amazon yesterday, I thought we must be near the end of the list, but suddenly today we're at 169,991th, a huge leap. I have no idea how they calculate these sales ratings, but however it is, THANK YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa