TX - Man Passes Note To Boy In Library For Sex, Austin

Do you believe that sexual abusers were themselves abused?
You know its kind of interesting,for years this was the common wisdom.
Ive worked as a Psyche Tech for the last few years and in alot of the training were getting Ive heard its come to light in alot of these cases that the offender's claims of being sexually abused were taken at face value.
Doctors dealing with this topic in various forms of the treatment of sex offenders are no longer doing that and on further examination they are finding it is just not true in MANY cases.
Often its nothing more then another sick fantasy for the offender and a great way to disclaim any personal responsibity.
Its one of those things that people hear on Oprah for years and assume that its Gospel because of it.
It also played well into the 'Cult Of Victimhood' by which so many people have defined themselves for the last couple of decades.
Contrast the account of a victim of sexual assault,say a woman rape victim of the ordeal suffered at the hands of her rapist with your average sex offenders story of thier childhood abuse.
Check out the tone and and almost 'lip smacking' detail provided by the sex offender concerning their alledged abuse at the hands of an adult.
The difference is pretty easy to discern.

I think female sexual abuse victims rarely go on to abuse unlike their male counterparts, but I still think it plays a factor. I have read in many books and articles along the lines of what Taxi mentioned about how the sexual mental growth of an individual stalls about the same time as the abuse occurred. Mentally, the impairment without treatment or discussion can be the reason they are attracted to a certain age group. There are the abusers who were never abused, too.

I am not excusing the behavior or saying they should not charge the person for what he did. I am saying that getting to the bottom of why he did it helps us to understand how to help others at the earliest possible point. If there is a person who abused the abuser, we should know and be able to substantiate any claims of previous abuse for charges not only for the act itself, but for the subsequent acts of any victims later on.

Anytime you are dealing with a violent offender as a rapist, it puts them in another category and trusting what they say is nearly impossible. However, this 21 yo kid doesn't seem to fit with a violent offender scenario that I can tell yet. It would be interesting to know what his past looks like on paper.

You can have studies that say just about anything...it depends on the Doctors who are being paid to testify as to what the stats show anymore.

I think this sick pervert needs to be further looked into. I bet there are others he's approached before this.

if we are going to talk about the likely hood that this pervert was abused we should have some facts. in this case we have none. no information on a police report from years ago that this pedo was a victim at one time, no story from him or family about how he suffered as a child.

if we are just speaking in general terms of the common held belief that abusers have been abused i can offer some statistics.

One expert estimates that forty percent of sexual abusers were sexually abused as children
http://www.ncvc.org/NCVC/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32315

this site says 40% had been abused but that would mean 60% are not abused as children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2732083.stm
this study talk about other factors that increase the chance the victim will become a abuser.

What's really creepy in this particular case is that he stalked the boy and his mother home.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...008/06/09/austin_man_charged_with_solici.html

The boy told investigators that Brown then told him “I’ll be waiting outside” and then followed the boy and his mother to their apartment complex in Southeast Austin.

The boy spotted Brown’s car in the apartment complex parking lot, according to the affidavit, then ran inside his apartment, crying. He told his mother he saw Brown, and she called 911.

Yeah, kahskye is right. This guy needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Yeah, kahskye is right. This guy needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Thanks Taximom! Especially since this guy stalked the 12 yr old home seems so intrepid. He was definitely going after this kid and this boldness makes me think he's done it before.

Isn't it scary how bold they are? I mean really, don't they think a little boy is going to tell his mom about this?! This kind of thing always blows my mind.

Isn't it scary how bold they are? I mean really, don't they think a little boy is going to tell his mom about this?! This kind of thing always blows my mind.

I wish the mom had seen him following and turned drove her car straight to the police station. That's one thing I was taught that if I suspected someone following me, don't drive home.

Some of these pervs (when caught young) tend to look like young boys themselves.

I have noticed this, too. I think many of them cultivate the look on purpose, whether it's by manner of dress or by staying very thin.

If he has already graduated to this at 21...makes me question who molested him and when. Don't get me wrong, I am angry about what he did or tried to do...but I would like to know what in the hell happened to him, too. Not only should he be charged...but he needs to give up the rest of the story so they can charge the perv that created such a scenario.

Maybe that is what we need to be doing. Change the laws so that when a young man is caught like this...we can also go after the creep that started it all.

I hear you, SS. I think about this all the time. Sexual abuse is a chain of pain. All abusers do not abuse, of course, but - with rare exception - most abusers were abused. I fear that it would be impossible to "get" all the people who are the roots of such behavior in this man's life - we would may back into endless generations and the alpha abuser would surely be dead.

Remember this story where we had the library association - and some posters here - defending the right of pedos to look at kiddie *advertiser censored* in the library without interference from the staff?

No wonder the pedos feel empowered to take the next step.

I remember that thread well, , but I guess not well enough because I do not recall anyone defending the right of someone to look at kiddie *advertiser censored* in the library without interference from staff. I will have to re-read!

if we are going to talk about the likely hood that this pervert was abused we should have some facts. in this case we have none. no information on a police report from years ago that this pedo was a victim at one time, no story from him or family about how he suffered as a child.

if we are just speaking in general terms of the common held belief that abusers have been abused i can offer some statistics.

http://www.ncvc.org/NCVC/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32315

this site says 40% had been abused but that would mean 60% are not abused as children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2732083.stm
this study talk about other factors that increase the chance the victim will become a abuser.

Those are interesting links, sherri. Several studies I have read ( I will try to find them) indicate that sexual abuse is almost always a factor in the childhood of a situational sexual abuser. However, it is not as often a factor in the childhood of a genuine pedophile.

This make sense to me. A pedophile is doing what feels natural and right in order to satisfy his/her sexual desires. They are acting on their sexual orientation just like we all do. The difference, of course, being that their acting on it always harms another person. I think pedophiles who do this aren't always carrying on a chain of pain like situational molesters usually are - rather, they are doing what comes naturally to them.

I do not think pedophelia can be cured.

Remember this story where we had the library association - and some posters here - defending the right of pedos to look at kiddie *advertiser censored* in the library without interference from the staff?

No wonder the pedos feel empowered to take the next step.
:clap::clap::clap:

exactly.

and now the same ones will use this thread as a way to justify why this pervert is a pervert. To say he himself was a helpless victim of rape when he was a child and should be pitied.

There is no excuse for these monsters and those who defend these vile humans are just as sick. IMO :)

There's so many different resources with statistics regarding child sexual abuse I think it's tough to measure what studies are flawed.

One person's idea of victimization is different than another's. We have studies done with just prison populations. Studies done where you get a stipend for participating. The list goes on.

One thing I am aware of is that victim's of child sexual assault no matter who it is ultimately go on to hurt the person closest to them. Themselves. Then you have another ball of wax to mess with. Your own self-destruction and how it effects the people that love you. In that case I am so thrilled this young kid was wise enough to run and tell someone when the 21 year old creep stalked him in his apartment building parking lot. This link tells how he actually approached the kid at the computers. They even named the mother of the young boy in this article.:confused::confused:

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/txcn/austin/stories/060908kvuelibrarysolicit-cb.1718bb8e.html

There's so many different resources with statistics regarding child sexual abuse I think it's tough to measure what studies are flawed....

I agree - and we don't really have a lot of information to work with - not a tremendous amount of attention is paid to it.

To whoever said that the targeted boy would probably "laugh about it" at school or that he wouldn't be damaged by it -- it upsets me so much I won't go back and even read thru these posts b/c immediately ppl are trying to say, Oh, the perv looks so young musta been abused -- but your facts are so off -- it is extremely upsetting to be targeted and no, no one would likely be laughing about it, and in fact, the boy was crying and upset and will indeed be damaged if only that now he will feel he has to be on guard all the time.

To those who believe lying perverts who claim to have been abused: it's b.s. said by abusers to try to shift the blame off of themselves. Many in the social sciences and so-called "helping professions" are gullible at best and stupid at worst. They are forever falling for lies and misinformation.

To whoever said that the targeted boy would probably "laugh about it" at school or that he wouldn't be damaged by it -- it upsets me so much I won't go back and even read thru these posts b/c immediately ppl are trying to say, Oh, the perv looks so young musta been abused -- but your facts are so off -- it is extremely upsetting to be targeted and no, no one would likely be laughing about it, and in fact, the boy was crying and upset and will indeed be damaged if only that now he will feel he has to be on guard all the time.

To those who believe lying perverts who claim to have been abused: it's b.s. said by abusers to try to shift the blame off of themselves. Many in the social sciences and so-called "helping professions" are gullible at best and stupid at worst. They are forever falling for lies and misinformation.

In the school I attended for 12 years, one of the teachers/coaches was a molester. He was constantly telling the boys to "drop their drawers" and check their private parts when they got injured in some sport. It was a running joke and the boys in my class laughed about it all the time. Some learned not to let him do that, but around their peers, they made jokes about it.

When my sister was 13, my Mom's second husband's father would try to stick his tongue in her mouth and kiss her. We used to joke about that too - we learned to stay away from him, but we laughed about his nasty dirty old man-ness all the time.

So from my experience, joking and laughing about some types of sexual abuse is a very common reaction - especially in this age group (preteen - teen).

Fast forward 15 years and a group of boys from my school (and another school where this teacher went with blessings from my school's administration) who were repeatedly molested by this man brought a lawsuit that resulted in the suicide of my high school prinicipal and the biggest punitive verdict against my school in the history of our state.

That person would be me. However, I did say that before I knew the guy had followed them home. I thought he was standing in the library parking lot when they came out. It would be more frightening in that case.

I also know people who have laughed about such incidents. It can be a coping mechanism, but to have been passed a note asking for sex could also be seen as big joke for some. Not everyone is devastated by a note alone. I would encourage the parent to get him counseling if he feels trauma or threatened, of course.

Bottom line is there's a 21 year old asking a minor to have sex. Weather it was through a note or the guy said it to the kid it's wrong. This is a 12 year old boy. The link below states the boy was crying.

There's 12 year olds I knew would have beat the crap out of that guy. I'm sure that would have been if there was a group of them. I don't care if the guy followed this boy home or not. I don't care how young he looks. He's a pedophile. He was wrong. For every kid may have laughed about it there's going to be a kid who now has to question why he was picked out. There's a host of problems that pervert has now caused and counseling of course, but how in the he*l does that even out? A kid goes to the library and now his mother has to get him to counseling.

Man, I'd be so pi*sed if this was my son or daughter at age 12. No doubt I'd have felt like shoving that note down that *advertiser censored*'s throat. Poor kid was crying. Silver-Bell made a good point that this kid will probably now be looking over his shoulder. Will he have to tell his story in court? Will he worry this guy may show up again?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...008/06/09/austin_man_charged_with_solici.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back