Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
=Littledeer;2352803]

Maybe I should rephrase my earlier post to this:

From what I have read so far, this is my understanding:

Father and/or Grandfather molested MJ
haven't heard that

MJ's Father and/or MJ molest daughter/sistersister was raped and had an abortion

MJ rapes 18 year oldthis is true

MJ has sexual relationship with his step daughter
this is true
MJ arrested for possible rape and killing of his niece along with his ex brother in law
actual charges are kidnapping resulting in death I believe
Is this correct in a nutshell??

I don't consider MJ to have had a sexual relationship with his step daughter. I believe he raped her and most likely sadistically tortured her in sexually perverted ways, starting when she was 9 years old until just recently.

Imo, she is extremely damaged goods and needs extensive treatment. Instead of fighting against what he taught her all those years she became an extension of him and wanted the same hideous things he did. She will have to be reprogrammed or she too will continue to be a danger to others.

imo

I haven't seen any credible information about Jacque's father and grandfather, I don't even know that it is know for a fact that the 'relative' he was accused of raping was his sister.

It stands to reason, that assuming the 1980s victim was truthful, any 11 year old boy who initiatives a sexual relationship with an 8 year old has himself also been sexually abused. It stands to reason, especially at that time that the abuser would have been a family member. But this is all conjecture as far as I know.
Brian Joyce
WCAX News
July 3, 2008

Court records released today show his sex crime history began in 1985 when he was 18, charged with having sex with a 15-year-old relative.

She told police he had sex with her at least 100 times starting when she was eight.

But she refused to testify against him, so the charge of lewd and lascivious conduct had to be dismissed.

That's all I've been able to find. A poster from town ,IIRC, said it was common knowledge it was his sister.

PS- I wonder if this first got reported because the girl was underage and seeking an abortion?

She will have to be reprogrammed or she too will continue to be a danger to others.

I totally agree!

I don't think its possible that he was there since he altered the myspace page from Texas and only came to Vermont after she had been reported missing.

He may have come to further help Jacques cover his tracks, knowing that if Jacques was caught he would be, too. But I don't see any evidence that Gagnon was in on the abduction plot in advance or certainly that he was in Vermont at the time of Brooke's disappearance unless I'm missing something.

His computer did, we don't know for certain who was sitting at the computer in Texas.

Thanks RR. Didn't mean to bring up anything that has been discussed here many times. At least I was right in my short recap that MJ DID molest a relative, his sister most likely (if we go along with the common knowledge that is was as posted below).

Brian Joyce
WCAX News
July 3, 2008

Court records released today show his sex crime history began in 1985 when he was 18, charged with having sex with a 15-year-old relative.

She told police he had sex with her at least 100 times starting when she was eight.

But she refused to testify against him, so the charge of lewd and lascivious conduct had to be dismissed.

That's all I've been able to find. A poster from town ,IIRC, said it was common knowledge it was his sister.

PS- I wonder if this first got reported because the girl was underage and seeking an abortion?

As much as I truly believe that AR had a lot to do with Brooke's disappearance and the eventual murder, I am so sad to read some posters comments.

The posts that are being posted that she is damaged goods and needs reprogramming is just so sad. We are talking about a child (even with the statement I said above). I have such conflicting emotions about AR.

If this is how I am feeling, what can AR be feeling now after knowing so much more than she did before June 26th???

Does anyone have any thoughts on why RG's charges, that are seemingly less major than MJ's are taking longer to go before a judge?

IMO, the LE and the FBI believe there is more than what they have so far on him. They need more investigation and verifiable facts. I think they think he is just as culpable as MJ in Brooke's death.

Also, MJ's charges were filed before RG's.

Hey I'm not a SS. Just giving my amaeturish opinion. :)

Does anyone have any thoughts on why RG's charges, that are seemingly less major than MJ's are taking longer to go before a judge?

SS posted this as part of:

Timeline
Details in police's case reveal chilling, devious planning by victim's uncle

June 24:

11:40 p.m.: Jacques logs onto Bennett's MySpace profile and posts a message making it appear that she has run away to meet a boyfriend. He edits the entry again at 11:52 p.m.

According to police, Bennett spent the night at Jacques' home.

With all the depraved information that has come out about MJ since LE found Brooke, and SS's timeline above that says "according to police, Bennett spent the night at Jacques' home:

Has there been any confirmed sightings and/or articles that have said anything about if MJ was seen anywhere on June 24th in the evening? If not, then I can't believe that MJ could/would just sit back and do nothing with Brooke and AR in his house all alone that night??

Anyone else also wonder about this?

Could it be because they're waiting on the COD?

He could be the one they're getting the most information from about MJ. RG's charges could hinge on what develops.

Just a thought,
fran

PS....FWIW, I don't think we know even 1/2 of what was going on out there in that little Vermont town.:eek:

*snips Braintree, Vermont - July 5, 2008

"I actually viewed her yesterday and it's just.... I felt her. I felt that she was still with me. It's been awful," says Cassandra Gagnon, Brooke's mother.

It's a nightmare she says she'll never wake up from.
"I'm very angry. I'm very, very angry. I'm very angry at my brother-in-la, very, very much so. Words can't describe the anger I've had," she says.

"You don't expect that kind of thing from family. It's just very hard to comprehend all of it," says Jim Bennett, Brooke's father.
"I hope they put him away forever and he rots in hell," says Janet Bennett, Brooke's stepmother.

Brooke's mother isn't so sure....
"I have already burned myself. If I could change this I would."

Cassandra Gagnon says she's offended by those who criticize her for letting Brooke stay with Jacques-- a registered sex offender.

Gagnon says she never allowed her daughter to visit Jacques house if another adult wasn't present.

"They have no idea. I could have been right next to her and someone could have grabbed her. I was at work and I knew where my children were. They always talk to me, so if people want to judge me, that's their choice, but to hell with them."

A family torn by conflicting emotions as they remember the 12 year old girl with an unforgettable smile.

"Her smile, yeah. She had a beautiful smile. A sweet girl," says her dad.

Keagan Harsha - WCAX News
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8623432

The day he was supposed to be in court, they put off the hearing because they found Brooke's body. Remember? We thought it might be the case at the time and turns out it was. They found the site the day before and secured the scene and with a meticulous scour for evidence did not get to the body until the next afternoon...putting off the hearing for RG.

With it turned from an abduction case into a possible murder case, they did have to investigate further RG's involvement against the evidence collected at the scene.

MissVT had a local source that attended the vigil and indicated that the MJ and father were known to have attacked his sister from the time she was 8 onward. This information was discussed on these threads prior to it being confirmed in a media link, IIRC. The court paperwork indicated that the young relative had to have an abortion as a result of the rapes. I think that makes the information pretty credible considering the victim who was his relative was widely known to have been his sister...

Has there been anything said about his sister, where she is today and if she has any type of relationship with her brother now? I'm thinking that she would have the most clear idea of just who her brother is and what he was cappable of. Was she aware that he was a step-father to a little girl and had access to another young girl? When the news reports first came out about Brooke missing and he was the 1 who had dropped her off what would she have thought? Does he have other siblings or just the 1 sister?
What about his own mother, is she still living? Why was there no body in this whole family who wanted to protect these little girls?

VB

Thanks, TG! Cassandra's statements are wrong on many levels. Actually trying to tell herself that this could have happened if she had been right beside Brooke is ridiculous. (Sounds like someone told her this in an effort to make her feel better and she jumped on it.)

The other statement of how she would never let Brooke go there without another adult present bothers me, too. We already know Brooke was allowed to spend the night with AR and while her sister (Denise) may have been present at night...she would know that she went to work in the morning leaving Brooke with MJ and no other adult...so her statement is a lie. She would have shown up at 8 am to pick Brooke up. She did no such thing.

Thanks, TG! Cassandra's statements are wrong on many levels. Actually trying to tell herself that this could have happened if she had been right beside Brooke is ridiculous. (Sounds like someone told her this in an effort to make her feel better and she jumped on it.)

The other statement of how she would never let Brooke go there without another adult present bothers me, too. We already know Brooke was allowed to spend the night with AR and while her sister (Denise) may have been present at night...she would know that she went to work in the morning leaving Brooke with MJ and no other adult...so her statement is a lie. She would have shown up at 8 am to pick Brooke up. She did no such thing.
Her, Cassandra's statements brought up bile in my mouth when reading it. What a sorry mess for a mother, a liar and now trying to justify herself.

Also, what about her sisters young daughter living with him? Did Cassandra have any concern for her safety? 5 years ago there was a little 9 year old girl who needed protecting and it didn't happen :(

VB

Sounds like she is feeling a little sorry for herself and trying to make excuses to make herself feel better. Sorry Cassandra, your daughter did not deserve this and she is the victim....NOT YOU!!

If she wanted Brooke to spend time with her cousin, why not have A.R. spend the night at Brookes house etc. If I remember correctly in earlier reports it was said that Brooke spent alot of time at her cousins house. I feel like Cassandra is feeling tremendous guilt, as she should, and is grasping at anything to try and justify her letting Brooke spend the night there. I also noticed there was no comments from her regarding RG.

Her, Cassandra's statements brought up bile in my mouth when reading it. What a sorry mess for a mother, a liar and now trying to justify herself.

Thank you for posting that TG. You said it perfectly, she is a sorry mess of a mother. What a disgrace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998