Tax Stimulus Rebate

Now I am so confused. I don't understand why anyone receives less than the $600.00. I owed taxes this year, but paid them. Does that mean that I will not receive a rebate. And if I do qualify for a rebate, how do I figure out how much it will be? I counted on it being $1200.00. Now I'm worried, I want my $$.:crazy:

I think you'll be fine! If you make over 150k there will be a 5% decrease, but otherwise you should get your money!

In depends on how much you paid in taxes..the payment is anywhere from $300-$600 per person. Lower income earners or households with only one income will receive less than $600. The depended must qualify for the child tax credit.

We are a one income household but we both got paid :D

Now I am so confused. I don't understand why anyone receives less than the $600.00. I owed taxes this year, but paid them. Does that mean that I will not receive a rebate. And if I do qualify for a rebate, how do I figure out how much it will be? I counted on it being $1200.00. Now I'm worried, I want my $$.:crazy:
Never fear lilpony, you and hubby will get it...hang tough, stay strong :D

Mine went directly to my credit card the second it hit my account. I did not want that money in my hands for a second for fear I would spend it. I really need to pay off that debt and now I am very close!

You can use the calculator at http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/ to determine the amount of your stimulus payment.

Bumping this..

For those of you who received checks did you get them on time or a week earlier?

Bumping this..

For those of you who received checks did you get them on time or a week earlier?

I got mine a week later than they said I would. But SO got his right on time...so I'm not being very helpful here am I?!

Ours is a month late, so far. We were going to use it to get patio furniture. Now we'll probably just spend it on gas and groceries, if it ever gets here.

Susan

Ours came today :woohoo:, we were on the schedule for the week of july 4th, so, i guess it came on time. :)
now we just have to sign it over to the hospital....... Lol

LOL so basically there is no rhyme nor reason!

TGI were you expecting a check or DD?

Jodeo by what schedule? The AARP site has the last batch going out July 4th The IRS never changed their schedule even though many reported getting their checks early.

Thanks all for replying:)

:woohoo: it came today! It will help to cover the closing costs on our new home--boy, are we helping to stimulate the economy & housing markets!

:woohoo: it came today! It will help to cover the closing costs on our new home--boy, are we helping to stimulate the economy & housing markets!

Pandora when did you expect to get your check? Or what I mean is when did the IRS site say it would be mailed by?

Mine and SO's were on time; my brother's was three weeks late; and my mother's is currently four weeks overdue.

Amraann,
I am expecting a check, since we didn't get a refund from last year. We owed a small amount, and we paid it on time. OOOOhhh! :waitasec: Can I charge the IRS a penalty for paying me late?:)

Susan

Amraann,
I am expecting a check, since we didn't get a refund from last year. We owed a small amount, and we paid it on time. OOOOhhh! :waitasec: Can I charge the IRS a penalty for paying me late?:)

Susan

Now wouldn't that be nice??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600