The Ramseys are Cleared

I'm pretty sure she meant the DA's office there because of the former DA;

Lacy's predecessor as district attorney, Alex Hunter, said in 1997 that the parents were under an "umbrella of suspicion."

Fodder for the tabloids.

Governor Owens, 10-27-1999

"You only think you have gotten away with murder. There is strong evidence to suggest who you are. I believe that the investigators are moving closer to proving their case. They will keep pursuing you. And I am confident that each day brings us closer to the day when you will reap what you have sown."

http://www.state.co.us/owenspress/10-27-99a.htm

Take off the Ramsey hatred blinders RRat!

Pinapple and some handwriting similarities don't trump DNA.

The Ramseys have been cleared by DNA. OJ was cleared by a jury that disregarded DNA.

Not going to happen as I took the blinders off long ago when John and Patsy sat down with CNN before they did so with the investigators. Sorry, I'm just not easily fooled by a corrupt judicial system, but it's good to see that all of their hard work was not wasted on everyone! Sympathize with the Scamseys all you want - I will remain on the side true victim and the ones on the sidelines that were also victimized by this paid for innocence.

Funny how all of a sudden - just like with the BS with John Mark Karr - something soooooo questionable has people brushing aside the facts of this case........

Okay here is what I found out. As you all may or may not know having followed this case for years and working in the Biotech industry I have direct access to very bright people who know a lot about DNA. Touch DNA is just a fancy term (one they never heard of and probably dubbed by the media they said) for a small or incomplete DNA marker. Such as a single cell found on clothing, which is what we have here according to Lacy in 3 places , she states: the presence of the same male DNA in three places on the girl's clothing convinced investigators it belonged to JonBenet's killer and had not been left accidentally by an innocent party.

According to several of the Ph.D.'s I spoke with this is significant because the odds of it being in so many places and linked directly to the blood found in her panties, does in fact point to a third party. Again these markers are incomplete hence (my favorite Pasty Ramsey word) the word Touch DNA. It's a small sample, again where they can exclude someone but not link someone directly to the crime. So what are the odds this DNA is similar in 3 places on her longjohns? Probably more significant then finding them on her outer clothing. The consenes was by my group, THIS IS HUGE. Is the statement then accurate or too bold for Lacy to say the parents are vindicated? The group here thinks there was a third party in that house. I'm stunned.

I'm not stunned at all. I've always thought it was a stranger intruder. Was tv documentaries on the case run several times over the years and they said there was a series of breaking & entering rapes in the area at the time. That boulder police tried to dismiss the other 2 DNA findings and that other investigators were trashed (for lack of better term) for so much as suggesting the DNA pointed to an unknown intruder rape/murder.

Tex Mex, I agreee DNA trumps pineapple, for today anyway :)

Wenchie: It could be anyone and could have come from anywhere.

Not so Wenchie, I wish that were the case. Unlikely that anyone from the X-mas party the days before left DNA evidence on her long johns and in her underpants the NIGHT she was murdered.

Wenchie: Does anyone ACTUALLY believe that an intruder went into a locked house....was on all three floors in many different rooms......was in the bathroom with Jonbenet, washed her, changed her clothes, wrote on her hand, changed her hairdo..............and then left without leaving one hair, one fingerprint, one fiber?

I would say I would not have believed that until I studied the VanDam/Westerfield case and realized that man not only entered the house with the family present but where there was a dog present and was able to get in and out without leaving one trace of evidence. I was never convinced an intruder could NOT have entered, but just thought it was unlikely due to the parents actions or lack of. Ok folks, I have to run and I am getting sucked into this very addictive case. But for some reason today, I have a sick feeling that if this pans out and they continue to find more Touch DNA evidence, we could have a killer still on the loose, and that doesn't make me feel too happy. Follow the evidence......dispute each one independently of the other until the facts stand alone. DNA is DNA folks. It belongs to an unidentifable man, and it's not John or Burke Ramsey. WHOSE IS IT AND HOW DID IT GET THERE?

Ned I think you are right on with the comparison to Westerfield. He snuck into a home, went up the stairs, got a little girl out of bed then took her away
without leaving behind a hair, fiber or fingerprint in the home.

Not every part of every crime can be known, but DNA is DNA--a man, not John or Burke did this and I hope he is one day caught.

Oh, RR, I will be right here with you, but I am not going to let her nonsense get under my skin this time around. I'm older and wiser and much more well informed now, (thanks to many dedicated JBR supporters), than I was in 2006...

Thanks! That makes it all worth it for me right there! :blowkiss:

Someone other than the Ramseys lowered Jon Benet's leggings. In doing so, they left their DNA in several places on the leggings. We can therefore reason that the murderer was not wearing latex gloves.

And wore gloves while doing everything else?

Oooooohkay.

Can someone make a new poll to see if this news has changed anyones mind? I don't know how.

Conviently the headline on Fox on line is DNA MAY clear the Ramseys. I hate Faux news.

Becklynn, Fox News got it right. Please read the rough draft of my press release. This is just the beginning of all the things wrong with Lacy's stupid crap she is pulling..AGAIN.

For Immediate Release July 9th 2008

HERE WE GO AGAIN. BOULDER D.A. MARY LACY MAKES A FOOL OF HERSELF IN THE RAMSEY CASE.
You would think Lacy would have learned something from her John Mark Carr fiasco​

Today, true justice for 6 year old murder victim JonBenet Ramsey has been thwarted by the very person elected by the people to protect her.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy has given the Ramseys a parting gift as she leaves office; she has cleared them of having any connection to the murder of JonBenet.

Lacy "cleared" the Ramseys based on new DNA evidence called "Touch DNA."
Touch DNA is exactly that. A test so sensitive that it can pick up a few microscopic skin cells left behind by someone touching an object.

Lacy claims there is unknown DNA on the long-johns and underwear JonBenet was wearing when she died, therefore (and only Mary Lacy could make this leap) the Ramseys are innocent.

Forums for Justice.org would like to remind Mary Lacy of what she said two years ago,

""The [Ramsey case] DNA could be an artifact. It isn’t necessarily the killer’s." - Boulder DA Mary Lacy, 8/28/06

I guess now Mary Lacy has changed her mind.

If this Touch DNA belongs to the "real killer" why isn't it all over the following items: ligature, paintbrush handle, tape, the white blanket, JonBenet's shirt, the flashlight, the spoon, and the bowl of pineapple the "real killer" fed JonBenet before he wrote the ransom note and killed her.

MARY LACEY PLEASE SHOW US THE SAME DNA YOU FOUND ON THE LONGJOHNS AND UNDERWEAR ON THE OTHER ITEMS USED IN THE MURDER. DID THE "REAL KILLER" TAKE OF HER GLOVES WHEN SHE LEFT A COUPLE OF SKIN CELLS ON THE PANTS THEN PUT THEM BACK ON AS TO NOT LEAVE ANY MORE DNA?

Patsy Ramsey stated she put the long-johns on JonBenet. Her DNA must be on the long-johns too. So why isn't she mentioned?

Lacy claims the DNA on the long-johns match DNA on the undewear. It would be nice if Lacy could make the very logical conclusion that there was transference of a few skin cells since the long-johns WERE PULLED OVER THE UNDERWEAR.

Forums for Justice.org would like to ask Mary Lacy one final question; WHAT ABOUT THE 2 1/2 PAGE RANSOME NOTE. The note has been matched to Patsy Ramsey's handwriting by several well respected handwriting analysts.

There are hundreds of other examples of common sense observations in the JonBenet Ramsey case that escape those in the Boulder D.A's office.

In Mary Lacy's world of Ramsey common sense does not exist.

Tricia Griffith
Forums for Justice.org
tgrif@xmission.com

PS. It will be interesting to see where Mary Lacy ends up in the private sector.

It has ALWAYS bothered me that we never heard about any prints OR dna testing on the bowl or the glass. We heard about other possible prints they found so why be silent about the kitchen scene?

Shouldn't that have shown JB's prints or at least dna on the spoon, but what about the glass?

Why couldn't we at least have hard proof that JB did have a late night snack as was evidenced in the autopsy. Why leave this important evidence such a mystery?

So did she really eat alone.... or were both kids too excited to sleep & snacked together.... or did some kidnapper stop for a pineapple & tea party before he suddenly morphed into a SO?

Steve Thomas needs to write another book. He knows all of it.

Ned I think you are right on with the comparison to Westerfield. He snuck into a home, went up the stairs, got a little girl out of bed then took her away
without leaving behind a hair, fiber or fingerprint in the home.

Not every part of every crime can be known, but DNA is DNA--a man, not John or Burke did this and I hope he is one day caught.

Danielle VanDam was snatched out of her bed and taking from the house.

Westerfield wasn't all over the house.....changing her clothes, writing notes, going through the house.

He did leave evidence of his crime in his motor home, though.

Wait, I need more information!

I'm reading that the same DNA was found in her leggings and in her panties, and that they were bagged and stored separately. Could the transfer have occurred earlier, while she was wearing them?

I have always wanted to think they didn't do it, I'm a mom and I'd like to think we all would be "too good" to do something like that (even though I know that's not true) but I'm still not convinced this has closed that door. And, I'm pretty skeptical of BPD. But, I would be happy if I could be convinced the Ramseys had nothing to do with it.

What to think, what to think?

Governor Owens, 10-27-1999

"You only think you have gotten away with murder. There is strong evidence to suggest who you are. I believe that the investigators are moving closer to proving their case. They will keep pursuing you. And I am confident that each day brings us closer to the day when you will reap what you have sown."

http://www.state.co.us/owenspress/10-27-99a.htm

Wow. Wonder if he's still alive. I'll say that's how to solve crime. pre-decide who didit & then try to find evidence to tie them to your theory. [sarcasm off]

It's not hard to see why this case was never solved.

That was one busy little Intruder! LOL - I hate to laugh, but I have to to keep from crying......the Rich just got Richer. JonBenet never had a chance in life or death.

This is what is ultimately so sad about this pathetic attempt to gain an additional 15 minutes of fame!

In the end, all this will do is to further disgrace the memory of an innocent young child, JonBenet, the only genuine victim in this case.

Not going to happen as I took the blinders off long ago when John and Patsy sat down with CNN before they did so with the investigators. Sorry, I'm just not easily fooled by a corrupt judicial system, but it's good to see that all of their hard work was not wasted on everyone! Sympathize with the Scamseys all you want - I will remain on the side true victim and the ones on the sidelines that were also victimized by this paid for innocence.

Funny how all of a sudden - just like with the BS with John Mark Karr - something soooooo questionable has people brushing aside the facts of this case........

RR:

A "corrupt judicial system" yet you want the Ramseys to submit themselves to them?

The victim is that little girl, with some guys DNA in three different places on her clothing. That DNA is not from the family who loved her.

I will gladly brush aside handwriting and pineapple for DNA. All day, every day.

IMO calling parents who lost a child names and your avatar pic is...not cool.

The DNA is now a "fact in this case".

Thanks! That makes it all worth it for me right there! :blowkiss:

I STAND PROUDLY but with tears WITH RIVER RAT. The Ramseys were the ONLY people in that house. PLEASE tell me how Patsy's jacket fibers ended up in the knot of the garotte AT THE TIME THE KNOT AND GAROTTE WERE CONSTUCTED and in the 2 loops of tightly wound garotte cord around JBR's little neck IF Patsy wasn't involved.

I have one question about this all:
:furious::furious:HOW MUCH DID JOHN RAMSEY HAVE TO PAY TO GET HIS NAME AND BURKE'S FUTURE ALL CLEANED UP????:furious::furious:

ANOTHER THING- DNA ORIGIN CAN NOW BE TRACED TO ANCESTRY. LET US KNOW WHETHER OR NOT THE DNA SAMPLE IS ASIAN, EUROPEAN, AFRICAN, ETC IN ORIGIN.

TELL US THAT MARY LACY!!!!!!!!:furious::furious:

PLEASE tell me how Patsy's jacket fibers ended up in the knot of the garotte AT THE TIME THE KNOT AND GAROTTE WERE CONSTUCTED and in the 2 loops of tightly wound garotte cord around JBR's little neck IF Patsy wasn't involved.
I've yet to see any Ramsey supporters explain this.

Becklynn, Fox News got it right. Please read the rough draft of my press release. This is just the beginning of all the things wrong with Lacy's stupid crap she is pulling..AGAIN.

For Immediate Release July 9th 2008

HERE WE GO AGAIN. BOULDER D.A. MARY LACY MAKES A FOOL OF HERSELF IN THE RAMSEY CASE.
You would think Lacy would have learned something from her John Mark Carr fiasco​

Today, true justice for 6 year old murder victim JonBenet Ramsey has been thwarted by the very person elected by the people to protect her.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy has given the Ramseys a parting gift as she leaves office; she has cleared them of having any connection to the murder of JonBenet.

Lacy "cleared" the Ramseys based on new DNA evidence called "Touch DNA."
Touch DNA is exactly that. A test so sensitive that it can pick up a few microscopic skin cells left behind by someone touching an object.

Lacy claims there is unknown DNA on the long-johns and underwear JonBenet was wearing when she died, therefore (and only Mary Lacy could make this leap) the Ramseys are innocent.

Forums for Justice.org would like to remind Mary Lacy of what she said two years ago,

""The [Ramsey case] DNA could be an artifact. It isn’t necessarily the killer’s." - Boulder DA Mary Lacy, 8/28/06

I guess now Mary Lacy has changed her mind.

If this Touch DNA belongs to the "real killer" why isn't it all over the following items: ligature, paintbrush handle, tape, the white blanket, JonBenet's shirt, the flashlight, the spoon, and the bowl of pineapple the "real killer" fed JonBenet before he wrote the ransom note and killed her.

MARY LACEY PLEASE SHOW US THE SAME DNA YOU FOUND ON THE LONGJOHNS AND UNDERWEAR ON THE OTHER ITEMS USED IN THE MURDER. DID THE "REAL KILLER" TAKE OF HER GLOVES WHEN SHE LEFT A COUPLE OF SKIN CELLS ON THE PANTS THEN PUT THEM BACK ON AS TO NOT LEAVE ANY MORE DNA?

Patsy Ramsey stated she put the long-johns on JonBenet. Her DNA must be on the long-johns too. So why isn't she mentioned?

Lacy claims the DNA on the long-johns match DNA on the undewear. It would be nice if Lacy could make the very logical conclusion that there was transference of a few skin cells since the long-johns WERE PULLED OVER THE UNDERWEAR.

Forums for Justice.org would like to ask Mary Lacy one final question; WHAT ABOUT THE 2 1/2 PAGE RANSOME NOTE. The note has been matched to Patsy Ramsey's handwriting by several well respected handwriting analysts.

There are hundreds of other examples of common sense observations in the JonBenet Ramsey case that escape those in the Boulder D.A's office.

In Mary Lacy's world of Ramsey common sense does not exist.

Tricia Griffith
Forums for Justice.org
tgrif@xmission.com

PS. It will be interesting to see where Mary Lacy ends up in the private sector.

Awesome Tricia! You got in all the important points.

This is such great news that these people who have been judged, tried and convicted in the court of public opinion have finally been cleared. May Patsy and JBR rest in peace and maybe now Burke can live a normal life. I hope they find the killer now. Maybe now LE will start looking in the right places.

Danielle VanDam was snatched out of her bed and taking from the house.

Westerfield wasn't all over the house.....changing her clothes, writing notes, going through the house.

He did leave evidence of his crime in his motor home, though.

Hi wenchie

Yes, he did leave evidence in his motor home, thank God, or that monster may have gotten off.

He wasn't in the home as long, true....but still he entered a strangers home and left not one clue he'd been there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back