The Ramseys are Cleared

I think the jewelry on JBR was also probably staged. I would love to know what jewelry if any she had at the White's party.

Weird, I can't post without quoting angelwngs even though I'm not trying to. Anyone else?

What I actually want to say is one of the main points for me indicating the R's guilt is that when John went to search the second time for any clues he headed straight for the basement. WHY? Wouldn't you go straight to her room? You know the last place you knew her to be? :waitasec:

J.

I know this statement was not directed at me personally, so I am not taking it personal. But, just so I'm clear, I don't think it was just anyone that walked in and killed JonBenet. This wasn't a stranger IMO. It was someone who knew this family and knew this family well.

absolutely!! This was Christmas eve, right? I don't think it is too far fetched to think that the intruder was Santa Claus (from the eyes of JBR). If he had hid in the home until the family returned and went to sleep, I can imagine that someone dressed like Santa or at least with a beard (real or phony) crept into JBR's room and silently told her to be quiet and follow him downstairs to see the special gift he had for her. She was only 6 and Santa would have been someone she totally trusted and would have obeyed. Wasn't there someone close to the family that played Santa?

You didn't see Thomas claiming he would be profiting from his book. You don't have to be maze bright to figure out that the publisher and/or his lawyer had the profits directed elsewhere.

Are you saying that the Ramseys presented a settlement in which money rather than "having their name cleared" was the objective?

If so..............why am I not surprised?

*yawn*

Since the Boulder PD mucked up the crime scene so badly (and I would have liked to use the letter f!), how can we be sure they didn't contaminate the autopsy too? Can we really be sure that EVERYone who has handled the evidence in the past has been DNA tested and excluded?

I think once the Boulder PD realized they had a murder, they thought they had a cut and dry case agains the parents. In being careless, they contaminated things so badly that, barring a confession, the Ramseys will never be held accountable....IF they did it.

absolutely!! This was Christmas eve, right? I don't think it is too far fetched to think that the intruder was Santa Claus (from the eyes of JBR). If he had hid in the home until the family returned and went to sleep, I can imagine that someone dressed like Santa or at least with a beard (real or phony) crept into JBR's room and silently told her to be quiet and follow him downstairs to see the special gift he had for her. She was only 6 and Santa would have been someone she totally trusted and would have obeyed. Wasn't there someone close to the family that played Santa?

And then did this Santa Claus take her back upstairs to wash her, change her, and re-arrange her hair?

Weren't the bedsheets also changed?

I could not agree more. Thomas had a theory. Hunter needed evidence. Moreover, I'm not the person who suggested that Tomas's resignation was proof that Hunter was unethical.
Niether did I, his letter is though.

I think the odds of a kidnapper so dumb he doesn't have a ready ransom note teaming up with a pedophile so dumb he kills his victim before getting her out of the house are billions to one.

There are always unexplained pieces of evidence, random unidentified DNA under the victims fingernails that the defense will say is hte 'real' killer.

NOTHING can change the evidence of the crime being committed inside the house and staged by someone inside the house and fitting exactly the profile of such a crime and not fitting any crimes of intruders.

apparently not that dumb ... i mean, assuming it is an intruder, they did get away with it (so far) ...

You didn't see Thomas claiming he would be profiting from his book. You don't have to be maze bright to figure out that the publisher and/or his lawyer had the profits directed elsewhere.

As for Thomas' theory that Jon Benet's death was a homocide, because Patsy found Jon Benet had wet her bed, I never heard him state that as fact after he settled.

I didn't even mention that ST would or would not profit from the book.

The FACT remains.... he was not even forced to CHANGE the book.

IF the book was so grievous that the Ramseys needed to bring a lawsuit, why settle the suit without addressing the actual PROBLEM?

Are you saying that the Ramseys presented a settlement in which money rather than "having their name cleared" was the objective?

If so..............why am I not surprised?

*yawn*

I suspect as regards the end result of Thomas's settlement that L. Lin Wood probably benefited the most.

Thanks.:blowkiss: I've been gone from this forum for awhile because nothing new was happening, but now it's refuting the same old, same old garbage that arose when all the new posters flooded this forum sure that JMK was the one, despite ignoring all the other evidence. It never took much to convince me the Ramseys did it and this so-called news isn't either...

:blowkiss: This new news did nothing to change my mind.
There are too many things that point directly to the Rams.

Dressed as Santa with a beard fake or not but leave no fibers or hair behind?

All the people in and around the home and Jonbenet were investigated and cleared, moreover, the new tests didn't match any of them either.

I didn't even mention that ST would or would not profit from the book.

The FACT remains.... he was not even forced to CHANGE the book.

IF the book was so grievous that the Ramseys needed to bring a lawsuit, why settle the suit without addressing the actual PROBLEM?

To stop others from expecting to profit by writing a similar libelous work in the hope that it might be published.

Assuming there was foreign DNA under JBR's fingernails, why was it there unless she was fighting off someone? If it had happened earlier that night, Karole's theory makes a lot of sense: that JBR deposited it herself.
I'm still vacillating about this case.

I'm also concerned like other posters have expressed that this "Touch DNA" is given so much credence.

However, if I was on a murder trial jury against the R's, I'd have to look at the "Touch DNA," and I'd no longer say guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But if I was on a civil jury panel, I'd still say the preponderance of the evidence is against the R's. I can't help but wonder if that's what's really in the DA's mind. "We can't convict you, so nevermind."

And what type of mentality is that exactly?

Honestly, Mrs Mush, after all these years, and given my own personal understanding of what we 'know' as fact, it is sincerely very difficult for me to try to think rationally and post a list which 'could' justify the possibility of an intruder vs the enormity of the facts which, for me logically point in the polar opposite direction; to there not being one. (-even without a lousy sinus-headache this effort would be difficult)

I genuinely am attempting to do that, with only the few, 'logical' counter comments which I am unable hold back. I think RR understands the difficulty this presents for me and was just being supportive of how well he understands my struggle. I don't think RR's post was at all directed to slam others thought processes, rather it was literal support for me.

At least that is the way I took it.

I respect your positions at WS, Mrs M, and I always enjoy reading posts.

Thanks for the support, RR.

I suspect as regards the end result of Thomas's settlement that L. Lin Wood probably benefited the most.

Without a doubt.

Wood bragged at one time that he was getting rich because of JB's death & all the lawsuits.

To stop others from expecting to profit by writing a similar libelous work in the hope that it might be published.

Professor Guess at work again, I see.

There are other published books out there that point fingers at the Ramseys. In fact, there's a new one that is either recently published, or about to be published.

Keep guessing.........you actually have no idea whether or not Thomas is still profiting from his own book - or not.

Hi fran:

what it seems they are saying, imo, is that the DNA was degraded (under her nails) and at that time they were not able to get a good testing.

Contradicts what the PI San Augustin says about a report issued two weeks after the crime.

But apparently, with new technology that DNA found under the nails was able to be matched recently to the skin cell DNA found by the touch method.

I guess it remains to be seen.

Still a lot of questions.

I'm still unclear on the under the fingernail dna. What Jill posted seemed to be a reiteration of the results of the old dna evidence rather than confirming that the fingernail dna has now (2008 July) been confirmed to match the touch dna and the JBR blood intermingled w/unknown male dna...

Can someone clarify this please???

Why would that stop the next person.....

all they have to do is point out that the ST book is STILL being sold.

Honestly, Mrs Mush, after all these years, and given my own personal understanding of what we 'know' as fact, it is sincerely very difficult for me to try to think rationally and post a list which 'could' justify the possibility of an intruder vs the enormity of the facts which, for me logically point in the polar opposite direction; to there not being one. (-even without a lousy sinus-headache this effort would be difficult)

I genuinely am attempting to do that, with only the few, 'logical' counter comments which I am unable hold back. I think RR understands the difficulty this presents for me and was just being supportive of how well he understands my struggle. I don't think RR's post was at all directed to slam others thought processes, rather it was literal support for me.

At least that is the way I took it.

I respect your positions at WS, Mrs M, and I always enjoy reading posts.

Thanks for the support, RR.

I'm actually trying to see the other side of it also. At this moment I am reading up on the pineapple (again) since posters here have stressed this. I do like to understand others point of view.

I am NOT putting this forward as fact, I'm simply asking if it's at all possible. IF there were painting gloves or work gloves of some kind and patsy wore these so as not to have to touch JonBenet while forcing herself to do what she had to do (panic survival mode) could DNA transfer from the outdside of these gloves to JB... say a worker left them behind?

I think these two statements together are funny. :crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288