Dog meat off olympic menu.

Expecting another culture to conform to western ideals is wrong IMO. If you don't approve of a behavior don't engage in it, but don't expect others to mimic your behavior to appease you. I certainly wouldn't put it on my meals to eat but I think telling others they are forbidden to eat a traditional meal in their own country so as not to offend the westerners is going too far.

Expecting another culture to conform to western ideals is wrong IMO. If you don't approve of a behavior don't engage in it, but don't expect others to mimic your behavior to appease you. I certainly wouldn't put it on my meals to eat but I think telling others they are forbidden to eat a traditional meal in their own country so as not to offend the westerners is going too far.

I agree.

Another reason that having the Olympics in China was not a good decision. Along with the pollution and the blooming algae the athletes are going to get sick. I bet the Chinese win the most medals, they are used to training in the pollution and smoggy air.

As for eating Dog..off the menu, but what about cat? They do eat cats too. Be careful what you eat over there the chicken may be meowing.

Hindus find the slaughter and eating of cows offensive.

How much did western cultures consider other cultures when the games were held there?

Another reason that having the Olympics in China was not a good decision. Along with the pollution and the blooming algae the athletes are going to get sick. I bet the Chinese win the most medals, they are used to training in the pollution and smoggy air.

As for eating Dog..off the menu, but what about cat? They do eat cats too. Be careful what you eat over there the chicken may be meowing.

The United States brings all of its own food. The only time our athletes would be exposed to anything like this is if they ventured outside of the Olympic compound.

I think our athletes take their own food aswell...probably a bit hard to buy vegemite and weetbix in China.

I am very respectful to other cultures and I love China but I really hate the eating of cats. Fortunately not all Chinese people eat them. I love my cats so much and my dog. They have been my constant companions while I battle with Chronic Fatigue. I take many naps so most of my day is not that different to my cats'. I hate to think of anyone looking at them as food. I remember reading an article that told Australians to beware of inadvertently buying products that use cat fur. I saw pictures of these furry napping cats (guess you'd call them ornaments) that are so common in cheaper stores and the article stated that they were often covered with cat fur. That is very scary. If any manufacturer wanted cat fur they should just ask me for any of my dark coloured clothes. My cats are attracted to those like catnip.

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

I think the title was self explainative:confused:......Ive seen worse around here:rolleyes:

I didn't express myself well. Please forgive me. Your title didn't upset me, the fact that this made International News at this time upsets me. Parts of Asia have always been known to consume animals which we consider to be beloved pets. We can't change that, but the way the story is being told now somehow is sensationalizing something which has been their practice for quite a long time just because of the Olympics.

I still don't think I am explaining well. There is journalism, and there is sensational journalism. I think this story was meant to upset people in the Western world.
Thanks,
:blowkiss:
Maria

I think I know what you mean SJ.:blowkiss:

I didn't express myself well. Please forgive me. Your title didn't upset me, the fact that this made International News at this time upsets me. Parts of Asia have always been known to consume animals which we consider to be beloved pets. We can't change that, but the way the story is being told now somehow is sensationalizing something which has been their practice for quite a long time just because of the Olympics.

I still don't think I am explaining well. There is journalism, and there is sensational journalism. I think this story was meant to upset people in the Western world.
Thanks,
:blowkiss:
Maria
Makes sense to me too:) The media likes to stir the pot.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back