Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a friend of Nancy Cooper’s and am directly involved in the search efforts. I would like to pose a question to the websleuths community as it appears many of you have followed missing persons cases. The volunteers are currently talking with the police to obtain recommendations on areas to search (running trails, off-trail areas, etc). We are posting flyers all over town, and the local and national news are covering the story. We have a website setup to disseminate information. Could the websleuth members suggest any other actions that the volunteers could do?
My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Nancy's family & friends. :) I too think of Texas Equusearch and even if they can't come in to assist in searching, they can give a lot of valuable information. Just make sure the media doesn't stop covering Nancy's disappearance!! Also, John Walsh at America's Most Wanted!

According to the reporter on Greta:

The female body was found by a man walking his dog. It was near her home and not on her jogging route. She was reported missing by a friend and not by her husband (who is the only one who said she was jogging, but no one saw her or has confirmed it).

A body has just been found floating in a body of water near where she lives. Greta is talking about it.
Thanks so much :) I just changed the station to Greta! It's really odd that no one saw her if she really was out jogging.

I am a friend of Nancy Cooper’s and am directly involved in the search efforts. I would like to pose a question to the websleuths community as it appears many of you have followed missing persons cases. The volunteers are currently talking with the police to obtain recommendations on areas to search (running trails, off-trail areas, etc). We are posting flyers all over town, and the local and national news are covering the story. We have a website setup to disseminate information. Could the websleuth members suggest any other actions that the volunteers could do?
I am so sorry, NancyFriend. I posted this information before I saw your post. I was only reporting here what they were saying on Fox News on Greta.

While they have not positively identified her, they are leaning towards it being her it sounds like. Bless her family and Bless her friends. I am sure this isn't the news you wanted to hear. Hugs~

I think we can safely say that they are going to be looking carefully at the husband as a POI or they may go ahead with naming him as a suspect as soon as they ID her, figure out the TOD, and the preliminary COD.

Thanks so much :) I just changed the station to Greta! It's really odd that no one saw her if she really was out jogging.
They mentioned it was a busy Sat. morning with a lot of people out and about. Someone should have seen her.

Per WRAl.....A body was found late Monday along Holly Springs Rd. This is not far from where a Cary jogger went missing, police say.

I think we can safely say that they are going to be looking carefully at the husband as a POI or they may go ahead with naming him as a suspect as soon as they ID her, figure out the TOD, and the preliminary COD.
Sadly, if this person who was just found isn't Nancy, it means someone else was missing & is now dead. It's only been a couple of days so there shouldn't be too much problem identifying who she is.

I just wanted to say as I see Nancyfriends first post was requesting our help and now this news- that, as a newcomer, if you are inclined to read the whole thread, please know that while it looks on the surface that we all had this "pegged" in the first 5 minutes based on experience, I can tell you first hand having been through it, it does not take any of the pain away, and we are all here to send our support and prayers to you and the family. Whether we end up being "spot on" or not, for me, I always wish I was wrong, and am always shocked and humbled by a really devastating result.

God Bless

A body was found Monday evening in Wake County, and police said they were looking into the possibility that it was the body of a missing Cary woman.
At about 7:30 p.m., a man walking his dog reported seeing a person floating in a pond near Holly Springs Road and Fielding Drive.
That location is not far from where a mother of two reportedly went for a jog around 7 a.m. Saturday.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3206686/

Welcome to Websleuths. I'm sorry we're "meeting" under such sad circumstances. I'm still praying that Nancy is found safe.

I just wanted to say as I see Nancyfriends first post was requesting our help and now this news- that, as a newcomer, if you are inclined to read the whole thread, please know that while it looks on the surface that we all had this "pegged" in the first 5 minutes based on experience, I can tell you first hand having been through it, it does not take any of the pain away, and we are all here to send our support and prayers to you and the family. Whether we end up being "spot on" or not, for me, I always wish I was wrong, and am always shocked and humbled by a really devastating result.

God Bless

Amen, & Ditto. Sending strength, love, prayers to all involved, sincerely.

If anyone's still watching Greta she has more on Nancy coming up after commercial.

I sure hope the body isn't Nancy. Please let her be safe somewhere. Please let the truth be known in this case asap.

Some new info here.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3206686/

snip

...Jessica Adams, a friend of Nancy Cooper, reported her missing at 2:15 p.m. when she failed to show up for a visit, police said at a news conference Monday evening.

Brad Cooper told police his 34-year-old wife went out for a jog around 7 a.m. Saturday but did not return by 9 a.m. as planned.
When asked why Brad Cooper had not called police about his wife, Cary police Chief Pat Bazemore said, "We don't know why the husband didn't report her missing."...

and

...Bazemore said that Brad Cooper was being cooperative and had agreed to let the police search the couple's house and cars. She confirmed that he had told police that they were experiencing marital problems.
Brad Cooper made his first public statement at an evening news conference, but did not answer any questions. He thanked all the volunteers and said he hopes anyone with information would come forward...

---

Please keep me/us posted on what you hear in the news. I'm in contact with other volunteers about this recent news and may not be able to watch Greta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361