Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Who goes to the store at 4am to buy bleach?

Hi Kaylynn from IS!!

I've been following this one too, ever since watching Greta last night. I'm hopeful that the hubby didn't do it, but it's certainly looking to be the case, isn't it? I wonder if they'll give him a polygraph.

jmo

The body was found about 2.75 miles from Nancy Cooper's house, according to a MapQuest search online.
Police Chief Pat Bazemore said Tuesday that police would alert residents if they had any indication the woman's death was not an isolated case.
"We don't believe any of our community is at (risk)," Bazemore said.
The examiner will rely upon medical reports to try to identify the body. Authorities would not say what the deceased woman was wearing.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3207944/

There is another press conference scheduled for 5:00 today. As you can imagine, the wait is painful. As of now, I personally prefer not to speculate, although I appreciate the thoughts from others on this board.

As it appears others on this board may have been through similar tragedies, does anyone have advice on what to say to small children when they ask about Miss Nancy? Particularly the 3 year old to 6 year old range.

bleach at 4:00 am is not good! :eek:

Since we know he was buying bleach at 4 am, who was watching those preciouse children?:waitasec::confused:
My money is on him leaving the children at home
alone :mad: while he bought his crime cleaning goods.

Hi Kaylynn from IS!!

I've been following this one too, ever since watching Greta last night. I'm hopeful that the hubby didn't do it, but it's certainly looking to be the case, isn't it? I wonder if they'll give him a polygraph.

jmo

Hey Panda!!! How are you?

I think they said on WRAL news(local in Raleigh) that they haven't polygraphed him yet, but I could be wrong. Police aren't considering him a suspect, or even a person of interest right now, so I don't think they've polygraphed him(even though they totally need to).

Welcome to all the new members here! Topsail, welcome back!

I think the information of him buying detergent with bleach at 4:00 am is going to be extremely important in this case especially if he lied about it. It will be a key piece of evidence against him. Even better if they have a video, time-stamped receipts, and a video of him at the intersection.

I agree with Blink, unless the children were spending the night with someone else or the video shows them in the car asleep, it would mean he left them alone which is enough to remove them. However, we have seen it time and time again where they leave the children in place with the father until he is arrested. The only reason I can see is to give the father the false sense of security that they think he is innocent. A risk I don't like to see them take, but they do it all the time.

While the ME hasn't stated conclusively this is Nancy, LE obviously believes it is in the way they are handling this. I think the clothing, location, hair, and other details are enough to clue them in on this discovery without the formal confimation. This is the reason I don't feel badly about discussing it before the ME's report is out.

Leaving the purse in the car is more the norm than I thought! It is something I personally would never do. Stealing purses, billfolds, and laptops happens here frequently when women are at parks, at the gym, and even in their own garage. (LE doesn't recommend you leave them in the trunk either.) Identity theft is a huge pain to deal with.

There is another press conference scheduled for 5:00 today. As you can imagine, the wait is painful. As of now, I personally prefer not to speculate, although I appreciate the thoughts from others on this board.

As it appears others on this board may have been through similar tragedies, does anyone have advice on what to say to small children when they ask about Miss Nancy? Particularly the 3 year old to 6 year old range.

My children were older, 10 and 8, but I was advised to say, under different circumstances though, that he went to Heaven because it was his time, and that it is ok to be sad and Mommy and Daddy are very sad as is our family too, but that it does not change our love for him, or his for all, and whenever we feel sad we should talk about it and remember something happy about them. For me, I simply said that he had an accident and went to Heaven. I was advised not to be specific as the grief is enough to start, and they will let you know when they are ready if ever, to hear anything specific. I did not want them carrying anything but the loss and then healing in their hearts. If they are playmates of Miss Nancy's children, I would reassure them also that you are not going anywhere, that it is rare to lose a Mommy, and to try to be strong for the girls as they will need their pals.

Now, Im gonna go be sick, really sorry for your loss.

The children's book, Heaven Has A Floor, I recommend highly. This was given to my daughter when she lost her father and it was a tremendous help to her. She still has her copy and buys others for people who have children going through the experience of having lost a parent or loved one. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Has-Floor-Evelyn-Roberts/dp/0803737092

The body was found about 2.75 miles from Nancy Cooper's house, according to a MapQuest search online.
Police Chief Pat Bazemore said Tuesday that police would alert residents if they had any indication the woman's death was not an isolated case.
"We don't believe any of our community is at (risk)," Bazemore said.
The examiner will rely upon medical reports to try to identify the body. Authorities would not say what the deceased woman was wearing.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3207944/

That tells me she was NOT wearing her running clothes, don't want to tip off the ole' suspect to start working on his revisions.

Is there a link to something telling that he was at the store at 4am? I haven't seen anything about that except here.

What cameras are you speaking of that would see the car? We live a few blocks from their home and there is a grocery right here. I don't believe there are cameras at either intersection he would go through to get to the store. If he went to the grocery on the other end of the neighborhood I don't think there would be cameras there.

While there are some things of question I find it odd that everyone has him convicted and ready to put under the jail. If he did do this then I'm on that bandwagon but I want to hear it from the police before I jump the gun.

There could still be some things we don't know. I could ask why were the police all around our home, lake, and park after 8pm last night "looking for someone"? Why did they block off the trail behind the park? Sure made myself and all my neighbors wonder what was going on.

The children's book, Heaven Has A Floor, I recommend highly. This was given to my daughter when she lost her father and it was a tremendous help to her. She still has her copy and buys others for people who have children going through the experience of having lost a parent or loved one. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Has-Floor-Evelyn-Roberts/dp/0803737092

What a WONDERFUL suggestion, and I am sorry for your loss, this thread has had me in tears for an hour, enough already.

NOBODY!
Good catch SeriouslySearching.
Something that mostly women would find significant.

Someone who was met outside her home when she got there and was scared. I bet her cell is in it.

My children were older, 10 and 8, but I was advised to say, under different circumstances though, that he went to Heaven because it was his time, and that it is ok to be sad and Mommy and Daddy are very sad as is our family too, but that it does not change our love for him, or his for all, and whenever we feel sad we should talk about it and remember something happy about them. For me, I simply said that he had an accident and went to Heaven. I was advised not to be specific as the grief is enough to start, and they will let you know when they are ready if ever, to hear anything specific. I did not want them carrying anything but the loss and then healing in their hearts. If they are playmates of Miss Nancy's children, I would reassure them also that you are not going anywhere, that it is rare to lose a Mommy, and to try to be strong for the girls as they will need their pals.

Now, Im gonna go be sick, really sorry for your loss.

Thank you Blink32. I like this approach and will use it with my own kids, who know Nancy and have some sense of what is going own. I'm also going to print out this advice and bring it with me when I watch the next news conference tonight with others. I know that someone is arranging for grief counselors and child therapists to help assist, but not sure when that will occur. I really do appreciate the support that you and others here are providing.

She had to know he was capable of this. In her gut, she had to know....

SeriouslySearching,

Your comment made me think about other 'wife killers." What about Laci Peterson? I wonder if she knew SP was capable of doing the evil he did?

I honestly think some women don't have a clue.

Buttabsy, Welcome to WS! I realize we may come off as sounding like we are jumping the gun or as uncaring about the feelings of those involved, but I assure you this isn't the case. We have worked on and followed so many of these cases, things come out early that raise definite red flags for us. Some come from LE (Law Enforcement) in their veiled comments and other things come from knowing the signs of not only abusive men, but men who do murder their wives instead of getting a divorce.

In this particular case, her husband is a suspect or a POI...even if LE has not named him yet. They will be concentrating on him right now. The reason they do not name them as such is because it legally changes the status and curtails the way they can investigate the person. They also have to track down any other leads not associated to him. They are searching for evidence of a crime scene and most likely why they closed the trail. The case will go from a missing persons to a homicide as soon as they have her formal ID.

SeriouslySearching,

Your comment made me think about other 'wife killers." What about Laci Peterson? I wonder if she knew SP was capable of doing the evil he did?

I honestly think some women don't have a clue.

most women don't think that "nice guys" will kill them. sometimes, it's the nice guys to watch out for.

most women don't think that "nice guys" will kill them. sometimes, it's the nice guys to watch out for.

I agree with you. I think that while some women may know deep down that their loved ones could be capable of such things (ie Stacy Peterson MAY have known Drew had homicidal tendencies, IMO) I think that most women don't have a clue, and think they have a "nice guy." I honestly don't think Laci had a clue....

jmo

I'd appreciate if we could stop implying that the victim should shoulder any of the blame. Maybe it is worth discussing after the dust has settled, but right now it is not constructive.

I'd appreciate if we could stop implying that the victim should shoulder any of the blame. Maybe it is worth discussing after the dust has settled, but right now it is not constructive.

Who implied that? I haven't seen anyone do that.... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members