PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The waterways were searched, kemo - and the river is very shallow.

I think we"ve burned out the "hit man" issue. You buy it or you don't. It is time to reconsider the "driving mishap" possibility.

There seems to be two ways for a vehicle to drive into water: The driver can lose control near a body of water and drive in or, at night, a driver can drive right off a pier or wharf not realizing the roadway ended. (Ted Kennedy did this in Chapaquidick).
I associate the former situation with rual lanes. I would think most urban or suburban roads whold have some type of barrier that would at least be damaged if someone went off. Posters have indicated that there are no waterways between State St and Mt Laurel that are not well barricaded. There are definitly Piers and Wharfs along the Delaware in Philadelphia. Some right near State St. The question is "can anyone just drive out to these areas? and would R & D have had any reason to drive out on to them?" The only thing I can think of is Parking. Could they have parked off a main road and gotten confused trying to find a route out of the wharf area? Audrey77. were these the docks you mentioned? I can't see Rich getting lost on the way to the Bridge and driving off a pier .

Other than that, The only other explaination I can see is that they decided to go somewhere else. Atlantic City, The Jersey Shore, anywhere.
We may have 'burned out' the hitman theory but I think the'driving mishap'theory has been incinerated.

On another note, if this old lady can hire a hit man to kill her hubby. I'm sure Joe could have done the same. I don't think it's that improbable.
Especially if you happen to know people that know people. Seems to me that people in LE would know better than most where to find people that might be willing to "take someone out".

I've seen the back and forth discussion from the people that know the driving route and am convinced that they didn't drive off a bridge either.
I believe that this is key. While I'm no expert of every single street in Philadelphia and the surrounding region, several other posters and I know this area very well and find it largely unreasonable to think that it's possible to drive into the water without there being evidence of such like a dented guard rail, etc.

I'm asking anyone who personally knows the area ... are there any piers that are even possible to drive on? The only piers I know of are large concrete ones or inaccessible to the public. There certainly could be others.

As for them getting confused about which way to exit a "wharf", again, I don't know of any areas like that that would be accessible but there could be. As for the waterside areas that I know of, it's not possible that they would have driven into the water thinking that they were exiting.

When you have a motive but no evidence of a crime (and I am not aware that there is any), we must consider the posibility that there was no crime.
Okay, so again kemo ... where does the statement from LE about a "murder for hire" fit in with your thoughts? I'm not sure I understand what it is that seems to have you convinced that there was no crime in spite of the fact that LE clearly believes otherwise. They're not even simply saying that this appears to be a homicide. They're stating "murder for hire". That's specific. Wouldn't that imply that they do indeed have evidence of some sort to support that theory?

We may have 'burned out' the hitman theory but I think the'driving mishap'theory has been incinerated.
Not to mention the fact that we are entitled to discuss the hitman theory as long as we wish, just as others are entitled to discuss the driving mishap theory as long as they wish.

Couldnt agree more Jerseygirl,I have no problem with anyone speculating the mishap theory,I just dont happen to think its likely...I would assume Richard could drive from this club to Danielle's house without driving off a pier.
That might happen too me having never driven in Philadelphia ...I get white knuckled driving in Spokane Washington.
But even though I know LE is far from infallible the fact that the FBI felt confident enough to publicly call this a Murder For Hire scenario adds a tremendous amount of weight to that being the case.
I doubt seriously they would say that lightly.
Of course it raises all kinds of questions especially pertaining to what the killer hoped to accomplish with a disappearence as opposed to a professional hit on the street.
It does seem like decapitation to cure dandruff if the ex is the POI but it sure wouldnt be the first time... worse has happened for less.
I think there are just too many key peices of the story we dont have to be able to know for sure.

Hello—I live in Philadelphia, just a few blocks from South Street. I remember the night this happened and as mentioned earlier, it was very cold (especially for Philly), AND it was very windy. The night was cold and unpleasant—it was not the type of night that anyone would drive out of their way. Danielle and Richard did not likely go anywhere unexpected or unplanned that late. South Street was not very busy that evening due to the weather. Being very familiar with Philly and South Street, I can tell you with certainty—the random act of violence or robbery theories are totally wrong! It is somewhat dangerous to be on South Street late at night, there is some degree of risk ; but, NEVER have I heard of robberies or muggings to involve more than ONE person/victim. NEVER.

Also, for some reason, the street criminals do not like cold and windy weather. You can look at the City’s violent crime statistics, and cold nights in the winter are very near risk free. When I am on South Street in the winter it feels very safe.

The issue of mafia and organized crime may not mean the true organized Mafia—like the Soprano’s. I think organized crime can also mean a gang of some sort who can be paid to do things like a ‘hit.’ These folks would be involved in numerous illegal activities—however—so their financial interests explain their silence. No one has broken down and confessed since they are all still involved in the gang.

Lastly, also being familiar with the roads, I can not imagine a scenario when their truck could go off the road and to this day, remain undetected. It just is not possible considering the geography and the way the roads, bridges and structures are designed—too many barriers are in the way. Also, there are only a few places that a truck could possibly enter the water and sink beneath the surface, numerous water cameras and dive teams have investigated these potential places already. Really, there are not many ways into the water…the places where it is possible, have been checked.

Couldnt agree more Jerseygirl,I have no problem with anyone speculating the mishap theory,I just dont happen to think its likely...I would assume Richard could drive from this club to Danielle's house without driving off a pier.
That might happen too me having never driven in Philadelphia ...
Perhaps but honestly, I can't think of a single place where a car could mistakenly plunge into the water. Philadelphia is urban. I don't know of any places where there is, for example, a small, darkly lit, wooden pier where someone would accidentally drive off of the pier. It's not like this is a small fishing town or something. Again, maybe there are places like that but I think that the odds would be like one in a million to not only find a pier like that in Philly but to drive off of it, never to be seen again.

But even though I know LE is far from infallible the fact that the FBI felt confident enough to publicly call this a Murder For Hire scenario adds a tremendous amount of weight to that being the case.
I doubt seriously they would say that lightly.
Exactly my thoughts. Again, it would be different if LE said that it appears to be a homicide. That, to me, is a much more generic statement. But to say "murder for hire" is specific. There HAS to be evidence to back that up. And if a grand jury has heard this case, surely there must be something and someone that has LE's interest.

Lastly, also being familiar with the roads, I can not imagine a scenario when their truck could go off the road and to this day, remain undetected. It just is not possible considering the geography and the way the roads, bridges and structures are designed—too many barriers are in the way. Also, there are only a few places that a truck could possibly enter the water and sink beneath the surface, numerous water cameras and dive teams have investigated these potential places already. Really, there are not many ways into the water…the places where it is possible, have been checked.
Welcome geojeffrey ... it's so nice to see another poster from Philly! Your insight regarding the geography of the city is invaluable to the discussion here. You stated my thoughts exactly with your post.

I know that there are places to "park" near the river - places where young couples like to go to make out but even those darker riverside locations are heavily fenced and otherwise blocked so that a car could not possibly drive over the edge.

If anyone is here that knows of specific areas that pose that type of danger, can you please post the locations? I personally don't know of any but would love to look into the possibility of specific locations if they exist.

I forgot- the "Ride the Ducks" boat/vehicles use a ramp to go down into the river... they also drive right down South Street as well. They have tours that start in the daytime at 6th and Chestnut Street (wait... they used to board there... now it's 6th and market (a block over).

http://www.phillyducks.com/

Nothing new here? It's been over 6 months since they classified this as a murder for hire.

I think the ex-husband had someone do the crime as he had the alibi of being at his parents home with his child. Not that he couldn't have left the child after he was asleep but I don't think he did. I think he made sure his butt was covered. The motive...I don't think he wanted anyone else to have her.
Just a guess on my part of course but it makes sense to me.

just bumping this. i agree bobbisangel. its already been said on here that he knew some very shady people capable of such a crime. we can only hope justice prevails..

I have followed this one for months and I also agree it was Danielle's husband(ex). I think he hired someone to have her and Richard killed and the motive was good ol fashioned jealousy and control. If he couldn't have her no one could.

Is he recieving any kind of life insurance from her death on their child's behalf?

Is he recieving any kind of life insurance from her death on their child's behalf?

i dont think so, since she hasnt been declared legally dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member