Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the police do have confirmation BC did do this and that helped in getting the family temporary custody of the children because if that is not child endangerment, then I dunno what is.

We can only surmise, but I imagine that's what the quote about not believing Nancy ever went jogging implies in the child custody hearing: he had to have left the kids either once for a long time (if he combined the grocery shopping with getting rid of Nancy's body) or at least two shorter periods of time if he did these actions separately.

The incriminating info about his being a danger to himself IMO sealed the deal. Under the circumstances, I can't imagine the judge ruling against the petitioners. Better to err on the side of caution considering what's transpired and the cloud of suspicion hanging over the father. That...and very smart lawyers got Nancy's family the order. I, for one, am happy for that.

I agree with you about sealing the deal but only for the ex parte order imo. At the full custody hearing, I believe the grandparents are going to have to provide proof that he is mentally unstable and not merely heresay which appears to be the case at this point.

I have been following the Michelle Young case and I've learned that grandparents have no visitation rights in NC let alone custody. The defendant will surely try to hold the Court to this by citing the law and case authorities.

If Brad did murder Nancy, I hope he will be charged prior to the custody hearing.

Everything is moving so fast I'm having trouble keeping up, LOL

To NancyFriend:

We realize this is a trying time for Nancy's friends, as well as her family. It's good to see there are therapists and counselors available to those that are in need. This must be a terrible burden to deal with. Especially when there are children involved.

It's nice there are going to be vigils and rememberances of Nancy. She deserves that. This will also help the local residents to grieve, celebrate Nancy's life, and heal. The fund to help Nancy's two precious babies sounds like a wonderful idea as well. I'm sure it will be sincerely appreciated.

Please know, that although we never knew Nancy or anyone involved, we each care about the victims, the families, and the friends. Each horrifying crime such as this, brings us together, again and again and again. Some may not believe me when I say, that although I enjoy chatting with posters here, I am sick of these same cases appearing on our nightly news, over and over and over. It's heartbreaking, truly it is.

So often we all know the 'end,' before we get to the final chapter. But each time we pray we're wrong this time. Each time we find out we're NOT wrong, many of us weep. Tears for the victims, the many lost souls and their precious little ones left behind, as well as their families and friends, that quite often are shell shocked at the monster that was hiding behind that closed door. They never knew, the victim didn't know, maybe even the eventual person arrested didn't know he had this evil within himself.

Bless you and take care. I'll pray to give you strength and wisdom to make it through these next couple of days of heartache. Hold your family close and give your little ones an extra hug and kiss. I'm sure they'll appreciate it at this time.

fran

Oh and too, if BC did go to the store to buy bleach at 2-4am as speculated, that means he would've left 2 children under age 5 at home alone if Nancy was already dead, which she probably was.

I wonder if the police do have confirmation BC did do this and that helped in getting the family temporary custody of the children because if that is not child endangerment, then I dunno what is.
I don't think that would mean anything at this point because until it's proven Nancy was dead at that time he could always say she was at home with the children. I would think if LE was sure he was the killer, he'd be arrested by now. I think they're still building their case while keeping a close eye on him. :)

Thanks for that!!

I couldn't hold it in any longer!
rw82a9.gif
1zmcent.gif

The mental instability factor noted in the custody document concerns me a bit. I don't want him to have any outs if/when he gets charged for this and goes to trial. The other part of the document that I found very interesting was #15 -stated again in #32 (last page). The intense scrutiny jumped right out and seems to say a lot about where things are headed...http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/17/3222032/1216322668-20080717151650387.pdf

I agree with you about sealing the deal but only for the ex parte order imo. At the full custody hearing, I believe the grandparents are going to have to provide proof that he is mentally unstable and not merely heresay which appears to be the case at this point.

I have been following the Michelle Young case and I've learned that grandparents have no visitation rights in NC let alone custody. The defendant will surely try to hold the Court to this by citing the law and case authorities.

If Brad did murder Nancy, I hope he will be charged prior to the custody hearing.

Jilly,

I agree - there is going to have to be some cold hard facts and demostrations if this goes to a hearing on the 25th as noted. Unless Brad does not contest or he is arrested. But I have a feeling that what is present in the ex parte filing will be proven to be true.

But you are 100 percent correct in that NC has no law representing the rights of grand parents, grand parents are basically non-entities in NC. Shameful but true. LE has attempted to distance themselves from this "civil matter" however in readijng the document - LE contributed the basis for some of those claims. It is possible that he will indeed relinguish custody on the 25th.

Jilly :blowkiss:

I really don't know but I have heard that NC requires a one year separation prior to granting a divorce. Don't know if this means she could move away to Canada or not. But I am wondering - did they marry in Canada ? If so how could NC impose it's will on foreign persons who were married outside the US ?

They must have been married in Canada. Your last question? Beats me!:crazy: Maybe because they're residents? I dunno! lol

The mental instability factor noted in the custody document concerns me a bit. I don't want him to have any outs if/when he gets charged for this and goes to trial. The other part of the document that I found very interesting was #15 -stated again in #32 (last page). The intense scrutiny jumped right out and seems to say a lot about where things are headed...http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/17/3222032/1216322668-20080717151650387.pdf

Good Luck for Mr. Certified Cisco wizard, Triathlete, Lance Armstrong wannabe financial forensic planner mounting an insanity defense.

Jilly :blowkiss:

I really don't know but I have heard that NC requires a one year separation prior to granting a divorce. Don't know if this means she could move away to Canada or not. But I am wondering - did they marry in Canada ? If so how could NC impose it's will on foreign persons who were married outside the US ?
I'm not that sure about separation requirement prior to divorce (thankfully!! :) ), but I can see having to follow the laws of the state since they were residents, homeowners and he was employed here.

It would depend on her "citizenship status" whether it was on Visa or if she had applied for citizenship, I feel like she was resolved for at least the interim, she was going to have to be in NC long enough to get the legalities over with.

Thanks for that Blink!:) I would bet you're right about her staying there long enough.

To NancyFriend~ My condolences go out to all who knew and loved Nancy. Her family and friends continue to enlighten the world as to what a lovely woman and mother she was. I see everyone's eyes light up, in spite of the sadness and tears, when people speak of her. It tells me she left quite a wonderful legacy for her children.

Taking advantage of the grief counseling and outreach is a wise idea for everyone, especially for the children. It is never easy to deal with a death of a loved one, but to deal with one such as this is beyond what anyone should have to endure. A tragic end which is so senseless and sudden shakes a community to the core. Coming together for support and comfort is the best thing for everyone. Bless you all.

And thank you for the nice things you said about our work here.

I think the TN laws concerning grandparents' rights are very similar to NC. Grandparents have NO rights - but (O/T) I petitioned the court for emergency temporary custody of my grandson and was awarded custody after a three-day waiting period to allow the biological parents to appear in court (and they DID have notice) to dispute. They did not appear for the court hearing and therefore waived their rights. I think this husband had the same opportunity and did not fight it (although I am not sure about this fact), but it seems to me tha the could have fought it if he wanted to.

He does already have an attorney, right?

And btw, we were never pressed for a full custody hearing, by anyone, and adopted several years later.

SO I have to wonder, why he didn't (apparently) fight this?

Does this Carrie exist?? I will explain. I am not sure what the verdict was on this.

Does this Carrie exist?? I will explain. I am not sure what the verdict was on this.

Dunno if Carrie exists or not. But if she does, LE have more than likely found her and have done some serious interviewing.

Good Luck for Mr. Certified Cisco wizard, Triathlete, Lance Armstrong wannabe financial forensic planner mounting an insanity defense.

I do believe you've given him the perfect name ;)

Yes it was extended. I think that happened this past January....not sure. You can still use your dl or bc.
You do need a passport now for travelling by air or sea.

I live near the border and frequently drive across to shop. I have a Nexus card. That way I get to zoom through in the express lane instead of having to wait in the 2-3 hr line-ups.
This Nexus card applies to land, sea and air travel. As well as giving my fingerprints they took a photograph of my irises. When travelling by air, when you land, instead of going in the long lineup for customs, they have a special Nexus kiosk and you check in there with your irises :) I haven't tried it yet - kind of nervous!:crazy:

Dear Canadian friend of mine, and mother of that cute little PEPPURR!
34ru3ko.gif
28ires9.gif

I know what you mean. I live on the border, as you know, in Niagara Falls Ontario and I often go over the river. I DID get a passport when we thought it was coming down to the deadline, but they keep extending it. Now I have a passport and NO PLACE TO GO, of course, unless you consider a trip over the river (to Niagara Falls NY) a vacation.
o7uijl.gif

So...you can still cross with a birth certificate and other photo ID, as it stands now.

ja82kw.jpg
5v2ann.gif

It's quite possible that he took someone else with him to act as her when the papers needed signing. That certainly wouldn't be a first.

Yeah, I've known that to happen.

This whole thing begs the question: What happened to the money? $55K is a lot of money to most of us, I would think.

I wonder if she was tricked into signing for the money somehow. For example, she was told they would purchase rental property for an investment, and he did something else with the money.

There have been some great posts today! I think everyone's hearts seem to have been lightened a bit knowing the grandparents and aunt have the children. I know I felt better knowing they are safe and being surrounded with such love.

I don't know where to begin again...so I guess I will just jump in here. As long as LE has Brad in their sites 24/7 and he doesn't have the children, they can concentrate on exposing his life for what it really is and not the sham life he created. I have a feeling that his past will turn up some ugly realities with what Calgary's experience with him tells us. Every sordid detail of his life needs to be scrutinized to follow his path up until the very second he decided to destroy so many people. He reads like a cheap novel in a leather cover, imo.

OT: Jovin, are you following me around taking snapshots of me for those things you keep posting? :) Please remember to capture my good side.

To NancyFriend~ My condolences go out to all who knew and loved Nancy. Her family and friends continue to enlighten the world as to what a lovely woman and mother she was. I see everyone's eyes light up, in spite of the sadness and tears, when people speak of her. It tells me she left quite a wonderful legacy for her children.

Taking advantage of the grief counseling and outreach is a wise idea for everyone, especially for the children. It is never easy to deal with a death of a loved one, but to deal with one such as this is beyond what anyone should have to endure. A tragic end which is so senseless and sudden shakes a community to the core. Coming together for support and comfort is the best thing for everyone. Bless you all.

And thank you for the nice things you said about our work here.
There's our girl, long day without your voice of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa