GUILTY CA - Tori Vienneau, 22, & Dean Springstube, 10 mos, murdered, Bonita, 26 July 2006 #2

Fran, I wish you would have warned us DP's pic with that look was there.
I think I am too angry to cry about this right now.

ETA: I am normally on the fence when it comes to the death penalty, in this case, with the extreme measures DP went through to avoid acknowleding paternity, and killing over child support, I am all for it!

I wish I could turn back the clock and say, Tori, PLEASE don't file! I know she was just doing the right thing, the responsible thing..... Heck, all it was was child support, it wasn't as if she was going to force visitation on the guy or anything. I wish she and her ltbf would have gone through with him signing a voluntary ackn of paternity and adoption....but that would have been knowingly doing so with false information. Again, Tori was just doing the right thing. No one could have forseen this happening and two precious special people are gone because of it.

I went through fighting for CS, and it was hell with someone who didn't want to cooperate. While he never harmed us, he did hire the atty who charged the 7 and 8 yr old boys with the murder of Ryan Harris and was an associate of Jon Burge with the torture and forced false confessions of death row inmates. IT wasn't easy and I didn't get much. A whopping 48.64 a week..... I don't think I would do it again knowing what I know now with someone so uncooperative.

My prayers are with Dayna and Tori's family and friends. With all the sick stuff we read on WS, this has to be one of the most difficult.

Looks like there's still going to be more testimony and this could go on for a few days.

Sorry guys, I just put a quick clip here. I honestly couldn't bare the thought of putting what her testimony was. It is way too sad. Don't read it if you'll get upset. Seriously.

:(
fran

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/16623092/detail.html?rss=dgo&psp=news

Witness Describes Finding Slain Roommate, Baby

The testimony came Monday during the preliminary hearing for Dennis Potts, 23. He has pleaded not guilty to two counts of murder and conspiracy to obstruct justice.
The first witness was Tricia Castellones, a roommate of the victims, Tori Vienneau, 22, and her son, Dean Springstube.

Sorry Cubby, I didn't think to mention the picture. But I did say why I didn't put a little more of the text. Too, too sad and horrid thought of what was done to the victims.

This case is heartbreaking and I DO hope he gets the DP. I'm fairly sure he'll be found guilty with the evidence I've seen.

At least Tori's family is going to be sure these two precious angel's lives meant something. This organization they're forming could save other families from going through such a tragedy. :(

JMHO
fran

PS....FWIW, I KNOW this is the prelim, but I don't see how a judge couldn't bring him to trial........fran

Sorry Cubby, I didn't think to mention the picture. But I did say why I didn't put a little more of the text. Too, too sad and horrid thought of what was done to the victims.

This case is heartbreaking and I DO hope he gets the DP. I'm fairly sure he'll be found guilty with the evidence I've seen.

At least Tori's family is going to be sure these two precious angel's lives meant something. This organization they're forming could save other families from going through such a tragedy. :(

JMHO
fran

PS....FWIW, I KNOW this is the prelim, but I don't see how a judge couldn't bring him to trial........fran

Me too, It breaks my heart to look through the pics and see just how much Tori and Dean were loved by family and friends, only to see this. I can't see how the judge couldn't bring him to trial. I'm going to be pissed if Maxwell Corn doesn't face some serious charges for falsifiying the dna testl. Especially being a never married single mother myself, and having participating in and read up on just how tough it is for fathers these days and the " femi nazi'" label from the FR's.

Has Steve Huff updated? I'm hoping to see him post too.

Man Accused In Deaths Of Ex, Baby To Stand Trial
[SIZE=-1]NBC Sandiego.com - San Diego,CA,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Dennis Potts, 24, is charged with killing his ex-girlfriend, Tori Vieanneau, 22, and her baby, Dean Springstube, 10 months in July 2006. ...[/SIZE]
Sweet sweet news!
I hate that Dayna has to relive her loss through a trial, but hope that gets what he deserves.
to think that two people i've never met have touched me in such a way- every time i see those two smiling faces, it breaks my heart, for them and their families...

Here is the link from our paper this morning....

Murder trial set for dad in two deaths

Son, baby's mom slain in July 2006
By Kristina Davis
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

June 19, 2008

A judge ruled yesterday that enough evidence exists for a father to stand trial on first-degree-murder charges in the strangling deaths of his 10-month-old son and the baby's mother.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080619-9999-1m19potts.html

By Kristina Davis

June 19, 2008

A judge ruled yesterday that enough evidence exists for a father to stand trial on first-degree-murder charges in the strangling deaths of his 10-month-old son and the baby's mother.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:clap::clap::clap::clap: I hope he gets what is coming to him. What a sicko to do that to that little sweet baby.:mad::furious::mad:

How selfish and egocentric can a person be? A woman and baby have to die so you can continue living your carefree lifestyle and save face in the eyes of your family and friends. This guy thinks the world revolves around him and when it doesn't go his way then he will do what he can to MAKE it because he spoiled little *advertiser censored*. I bet he is crying himself to sleep every night thinking about those long years to come in jail evading the mythical but all too real 'Bubba.'

By Kristina Davis

June 19, 2008

From the same link:
However, at the suggestion of Judge William Kennedy, prosecutors could consider charging Corn with the more serious crime of conspiring with Potts to commit murder. Corn was ordered to surrender his passport to the court yesterday but remains free on $200,000 bond.

How selfish and egocentric can a person be? A woman and baby have to die so you can continue living your carefree lifestyle and save face in the eyes of your family and friends. This guy thinks the world revolves around him and when it doesn't go his way then he will do what he can to MAKE it because he spoiled little *advertiser censored*. I bet he is crying himself to sleep every night thinking about those long years to come in jail evading the mythical but all too real 'Bubba.'

he's a baby killer- he'll be protected from the other inmates.

i hope you all realize, that was sarcasm- i think people like him deserve the same chance their victims had- Baby Dean had no chance against this monster.

So sad the mother and baby were beautiful and she looked so happy with her son. He deserves prison so other inmates can love him for years!

For myself, I don't feel guilty at all that I smiled when I saw DP's haggard looking photo. Not one bit, and may he have many more sleepless nights to come, worrying about his impending punishment for the terrible crimes it will be proven he committed!

We would like to thank everyone who has supported us through this past week. It was easily the worst week of our lives, and to think there are worse ones ahead is a bit overwhelming to say the least. However we did make it through because of all of you.
It saddens me to think that Tori had no idea how much she was loved, and how hard people would find living without her to be. Don’t get me wrong, my baby girl knew she was special, she just didn’t understand what was taking everyone else so long to figure it out!!!
To our families; we would never have made it this far without the love and support you have continually given us. This hasn’t been any easier for you yet you still stand beside us throughout this fight for justice; thank you.
To our friends, Tori & Dean’s friends, and the many new friends we have made along the way, thank you for being a voice for Tori and Dean, thank you for loving them while on earth, and fighting for them in death.
To the countless voices on line, on the blogs & forums, myspace and others…thank you for being a voice for Tori and Dean; total strangers. There was a time when these voices were the only voices able to keep this story alive, kept it in the forefront, and refused to let up until we had an arrest. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Lastly, to those of you who sat in the court room with us day in and day out, thank you seems so trite. We know the horrors you heard, what you saw and the fact that you came back day after day is nothing short of amazing to us. You didn’t have to, yet you did anyways knowing each day would get worse.

Thank you all for holding our hands, and our hearts throughout the past week.
Roy & Dayna Herroz

We would like to thank everyone who has supported us through this past week. It was easily the worst week of our lives, and to think there are worse ones ahead is a bit overwhelming to say the least. However we did make it through because of all of you.
It saddens me to think that Tori had no idea how much she was loved, and how hard people would find living without her to be. Don’t get me wrong, my baby girl knew she was special, she just didn’t understand what was taking everyone else so long to figure it out!!!
To our families; we would never have made it this far without the love and support you have continually given us. This hasn’t been any easier for you yet you still stand beside us throughout this fight for justice; thank you.
To our friends, Tori & Dean’s friends, and the many new friends we have made along the way, thank you for being a voice for Tori and Dean, thank you for loving them while on earth, and fighting for them in death.
To the countless voices on line, on the blogs & forums, myspace and others…thank you for being a voice for Tori and Dean; total strangers. There was a time when these voices were the only voices able to keep this story alive, kept it in the forefront, and refused to let up until we had an arrest. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Lastly, to those of you who sat in the court room with us day in and day out, thank you seems so trite. We know the horrors you heard, what you saw and the fact that you came back day after day is nothing short of amazing to us. You didn’t have to, yet you did anyways knowing each day would get worse.

Roy & Dayna Herroz

:clap::clap::clap:

He'll be found guilty and put away forever.

sending you strength.

Roy & Dayna Herroz

You and yours have a courage and a strength that is awe inspiring-we will support you in anyway we can...the Lord Bless and Keep you...Tori and Dean are now far from harm-Tori can watch over this last hurdle with a smile knowing that justice is on it's way.

I would just like to add that there are also some people in LE who were committed to this case. They also deserve a huge Thank You for their perseverance and their determination. Justice will be served - of that; I have no doubt.

In one week's time it will have been two years since Tori and Dean's lives were wrongfully taken. Everyone, please pray for those who knew and loved Tori and Dean. I'll nudge Dayna to go look, if she is able. I know the trial phase is wearing on her, but she is stubbornly sticking with it, she wants to see Justice met. So do I. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back