Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also:

1. Why didn't he attend the memorial service today with his daughters? All this stupid talk about "grieving privately". He's just too much of a coward to face everyone -- again pointing towards his guilt.

2. Why do innocent people have to "lawyer up" ?

We have another case we're following here from NC (Michelle Young). We heard the same thing about the husband not wanting to grieve in public, private matter, blah blah. A friend of the husband actually accused us of wallowing in the grief of others!:rolleyes:

Not to change the subject, but...for those locally...maybe you can answer this for me:

Do you know how far Nancy's house is from where she went to the party and if she walked? We theorized that since she was used to running long distances, she walked to the party. However, since she may have a coctail or because she was feeling "tired"...I wonder if she drove instead. Anyone know?

Since Nancy talked to Jessica Adam approximately 10:30 pm while still at the party...this would indicate to me that Nancy had her cell phone on her. Would she only carry her phone and not take her purse with her?

This phone call to Jessica from the party peaks my interest. I wonder if she found out something noteworthy, about Brad, that she was calling Jessica to vent about. Perhaps there was speculation of the mystery woman "shacking up" with Brad, when NC was on vacation in Hilton Head...or something else. Just wondering why she would call a friend in my middle of a party. If someone told her something during the party, maybe it was a confrontation about it that sparked everything. Forgive me if someone has already offered this theory.

I don't blame anyone for "lawyering up." I would do it if I were in such a legal snafu even if I was innocent of the crime. It's just the prudent thing to do to make sure your constitutional rights are protected--so I don't blame him (or anyone) for that. No matter what if you are accused of a crime it is the burden of the city/county/state to prove your guilt and this adversarial system is one in which counsel is necessary...yes, even if someone is 'innocent.'

That said, I happen to think that BC is likely involved--that's just based on the things I've learned, read, and my common sense as well as seeing this same kind of pattern in past missing wife/mother cases where the wife then turned up dead (and was murdered).

As for him not showing up to the service today, it's possible that his in-laws told him that he is not welcome there. I'm speculating of course. They may have not said any such thing and perhaps he just doesn't want to be in the limelight because he has something to hide. I think we can all agree that there is animosity between NC's parents/sister and BC, as there of course would be. That kind of bad blood would cast a pall over such a service; if I were NC's parents I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near that memorial service.

Oh, and if I might ask another question...

I keep seeing reference that Brad worked for Cisco in RTP, but it seems to me (back when I was operating a lot of Cisco equipment) that they also had a call center or a training facility in MacGregor Park (Cary). I may be wrong, they may have consolidated or shipped it overseas, but do we know for a fact that Brad worked in RTP?

SS...I thought I posted on this today, but I also lost a long post and did not resubmit it.
If the party was at Diana Duncan's home which I thought it was, Diana lives across the street. The homes face each other. Approx. 100' from front door to front door. No reason to drive or carry her purse.

This phone call to Jessica from the party peaks my interest.

My understanding based on previous posts is that the party was an informal gathering across the street or within a couple of houses from Nancy. A post from another (which has since been deleted), established that the lady who called the police because Nancy was a no-show for painting lived about five miles away. And, it's my understanding that the one who called, both the police and Nancy were one in the same. (Though, I can only recall her last name)

Based on the location we've heard about the preschool and the fact that they knew each other from that facility, I'd say that the preschool was about halfway between the two women, if you were to travel on surface streets and not on the highway.

Oh, and if I might ask another question...

I keep seeing reference that Brad worked for Cisco in RTP, but it seems to me (back when I was operating a lot of Cisco equipment) that they also had a call center or a training facility in MacGregor Park (Cary). I may be wrong, they may have consolidated or shipped it overseas, but do we know for a fact that Brad worked in RTP?

Magister--He works/ed for Cisco in RTP. I have a friend whose husband actually worked with him on a couple of occasions, same building, same floor. Cisco has about 10-12 buildings on their campus in RTP.

This phone call to Jessica from the party peaks my interest. I wonder if she found out something noteworthy, about Brad, that she was calling Jessica to vent about. Perhaps there was speculation of the mystery woman "shacking up" with Brad, when NC was on vacation in Hilton Head...or something else. Just wondering why she would call a friend in my middle of a party. If someone told her something during the party, maybe it was a confrontation about it that sparked everything. Forgive me if someone has already offered this theory.
I believe that Jessica called Nancy, but I can't confirm it. I think they might have been "shoring up" their plans for the following day or just a quick hello. Friends do that.

Thanks, Nurse! I haven't had time to go back to read all the great posts yet. Appreciate the info tho! Keep up the great work bringing things over to the other threads...you are awesome. :)

Even though I really think that this WAS NOT premeditated murder, I was thinking about this....

Brad was left behind for some time, when Nancy and the girls went on vacation. Could he have been stewing, and devising a plan at this time. Or at least, contemplating the idea? Maybe it is relevant that this happened so soon after Nancy and the girls arrived back home from the trip.

ONE MORE THING...yikes, did anyone see the news report on WRAL today that said Cary police just put up flyers in the Lochmere neighborhood asking for more information. Is this normal practice? Or does it suggest they do not have enough evidence in this case????

ONE MORE THING...yikes, did anyone see the news report on WRAL today that said Cary police just put up flyers in the Lochmere neighborhood asking for more information. Is this normal practice? Or does it suggest they do not have enough evidence in this case????

Good info! There was a report on this board this morning that they were also conducting a roadblock on Holly Springs Rd asking if anyone had seen anything, last Saturday morning.

Even though I really think that this WAS NOT premeditated murder, I was thinking about this....

Brad was left behind for some time, when Nancy and the girls went on vacation. Could he have been stewing, and devising a plan at this time. Or at least, contemplating the idea? Maybe it is relevant that this happened so soon after Nancy and the girls arrived back home from the trip.

Perhaps they are trying to verify something Brad has told them but there are no other witnesses to it other than Brad himself. Seems to me they are trying hard to put more pressure on Brad and have him tell all he knows about Nancy's murder. One thing that I am curious about is the way she was found- partially clothed. Was the perp trying to make cops believe she was the victim of an assault?

Also:

1. Why didn't he attend the memorial service today with his daughters? All this stupid talk about "grieving privately". He's just too much of a coward to face everyone -- again pointing towards his guilt.

I can understand the lawyer because he probably knows he's a suspect and also because LE did have search warrants for the house and him. I'd probably get one too if I were in his position! Him being in hiding now, so to speak, does make it appear in some ways that he doesn't want to be there now for his children, or care that they lost their mother and now their father isn't around.

Perhaps they are trying to verify something Brad has told them but there are no other witnesses to it other than Brad himself. Seems to me they are trying hard to put more pressure on Brad and have him tell all he knows about Nancy's murder. One thing that I am curious about is the way she was found- partially clothed. Was the perp trying to make cops believe she was the victim of an assault?
I believe he is the one who killed her, and wanted to make it look like she was killed while she was out jogging. That would explain why her body was found where it was, and one interview he did he said it certainly would be possible she could be attacked in the woods or by the golf course. The interview was done before her body was found.

I don't believe that "lawyering up" is really a sign of guilt for anything. LE is trained to twist words and to manipulate people. A lawyer puts you on equal footing so that you are not abused, your rights are not violated, and you can have some say about various aspects of interviews/interrogations. I would get a lawyer immediately...guilty or not!! In today's world, it is almost ridiculous not to....especially if you ARE guilty.

Advise others.

And this comes from someone who made a generalization and presented it as a fact about an entire state and it's legal system???

When it comes to LE and prosecutors, North Carolina is the most corrupt state in the nation.
Don't ever get in trouble there. Mike Nifong is the state's standard fare
BTW Nifong is NOT the state's standard fare, thank you very much!

Back OT: As for BC lawyering up I agree that it doesn't make him look guilty (or at least any guiltier than he already does) and was a smart move given the circumstances.

Also:

I wouldn't think things would be too pleasant between Brad and Nancy's family, given the fact that they have custody of the children and some other things, so, it could've lead to a very tense atmosphere if he did attend.

Just saying!

I know the atmosphere would have been tense. So what! Step up to the plate and show the world what you are made of. IF you are innocent you have nothing to fear as TRUTH is on your side. This is after all the mother of his two children. To me this speaks of GUILT.

I know the atmosphere would have been tense. So what! Step up to the plate and show the world what you are made of. IF you are innocent you have nothing to fear as TRUTH is on your side. This is after all the mother of his two children. To me this speaks of GUILT.

Could be guilt, agreed.

Could also be that he decided one part of the family had to not be present in order to allow the other to grieve without having to cope with the others' presence...given the things that have unfolded and been said over the last few days.

I don't remember hearing this. Do you have a source? Did they say what she was wearing?

There has been no additional info given on what Nancy was found wearing ... only that she was "partially clothed" and that was just a comment slipped into some other statement by (I forget who) either the police dept or some other witness to the case.

They are withholding all these various details right now, which of course we are all curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus