Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking on this thread~ it's taken days to read everything and absorb it!

Ember does make a good point about the spending. In his affidavit I believe he states he gave her $1200.00 a month for household expense, more if she needed it (may or may not be true), so she had money for groceries, gas, etc. IMO that is enough to buy groceries for a family of 4 and have plenty left. So he wasn't withholding food from his family. Heck I know people that don't make that much in a month.

If she had a spending problem it would make sense to take away the credit card and to remove her name off the checking account. Some people are chronic shoppers or gamblers and should have a budget. Not saying this was the case, but if she was a spender and someone was with $45,000 in credit card bills it would make sense to put her on a budget. I know my hubby would take the credit cards, checkbook and debit card away from me.

And, of course, this is just my opinion. :)

Since Nancy was apparently working on a "cash only" basis, how does anyone know Brad really gave her $1200 a month for household expenses. That seems like an amount Brad and his lawyers figured would make him seem generous enough to not appear to be controlling the purse strings.

I still say the affadavict makes Brad look like an ideal husband and father...that certainly isn't the picture I get from listening/reading what the neighbors say. And a person that wonderful should have lots of friends who would be happy to vouch for his involvement and love of his family.

There are affidavits from others besides Jessica Adams. Michelle Simmons, Timothy Simmons, Hannah Prichard, Brett Adams, Keith Prichard, Teresa Hackeling. All surprisingly consistent. And not quite as self-serving as BC's, which, by the way, is not corroborated by anyone.

I agree with the general tenor of your comments.
It appears that many people want to paint him as the consummate devil while painting her as an angel.

As far as the statements by her friends about what a terrible person BC was, why didn't they do more to help her? If their statements are to be believed than this guy is a cad X100. Prior to the 4 year old being old she had to take a taxi cab to the hospital when she was having miscarriages? If ever there was a sign to get out of a marriage that was it. Not to mention all the other things he allegedly did. If I had a female friend that was in that type of marriage I would have done everything within my power to get her out of that marriage. If the statements are true, that might be the worst marriage I've ever heard of.

Either one of two things is happening here. Either her friends are exaggerating, they were told exaggerations or that was the marriage from hell. It may have been a bad marriage and he might be a bad guy, but I'm having a hard time believing all these statements about him.

Welcome to Websleuths! :)

I know this is hard to digest for some people. But if you've ever know, personally, a person that has been in an abusive relationship, whether just verbal or physical, you have no idea what lengths the abuser has to go to, before the abused decides they've had ENOUGH. That's why so often these women disappear or are murdered. They tolerated the emtional abuse for years, but weren't prepared or see the danger physical abuse could happen.

Seriously,

I've known people who've gotten broken arms,...........stayed with him

I've known a woman who's husband wouldn't take her to the hospital to give birth, she had no car, so he drunkenly delivered the child himself on the kitchen table. Oh...........and she continued to stay with him until after her next child was born. THEN she decided she'd had enough and ran for her and her children's life!

I've known someone who stayed in an abusive relationship for 8 years, each time he got physical, he later apologized and she was ok with that. She even served a sentence imposed for filing a false police report, (she tried to retract her statement made after a response to a 911) her husband was on probation and she didn't want him to automatically go back to jail. She finally got out when he tried to kill her and her faithful dog saved her life by attacking him!

I think in your post, you said this very well may have been a marriage from He!!.

I think you've guessed it.:(

JMHO
fran

Ok, I have read every link that I saw on her for these affidavits and I have only seen one friend... and that would be Adams. How are ALL THESE Friends that you are referring to? I have seen his, Adams, Shrink, custody, the removal of lawyer one, The one that named Heather Meotur sp? What other friends have done this that I missed?

I started a thread with "Legal Documents - Nancy Cooper" earlier this morning on this forum. Sorry, server is moving too slow so I can't provide a link. Just go to the main forum for Nancy Cooper and you'll see a thread titled as I stated above. The last documents filed yesterday are on there with a list of names of Cary residents who provided affidavits regarding their acquaintance of Brad and Nancy Cooper.

fran

Since Nancy was apparently working on a "cash only" basis, how does anyone know Brad really gave her $1200 a month for household expenses. That seems like an amount Brad and his lawyers figured would make him seem generous enough to not appear to be controlling the purse strings.

We really don't know that...just have to take it as it is for now. Until the truth comes out. But, lets be reasonable she had food to eat, a car to drive, cell phone, etc. He had to have been giving her some money because helping a friend paint for cash doesn't bring in cash on a regular basis I mean there's only so much you can paint.

Ask yourself this if you had a friend whose husband withheld food from his family what would you do? I would take food to my friend and her kids.

Don't get me wrong I am in no way defending BC just thinking it through. He may very well be guilty of murder, but we've all had (well most of us) problems with our spouses. In my experience women tend to stick up ane are more vocal for their friends more than men. :)

I would agree with you on that - if it was as Brad says 4 years ago and before Bella was born - guess so. But Brad also says the affair wasn't sexual and it only happened once - so who knows what the hey that means. :crazy:

LOL! Exactly- whatever that means! I guess I was trying to point out that not many late semester, pregnant ladies are having affairs...I just didn't want to open up a whole debate on it but I think it would be one of the least times in a woman's life that she would be in an affair...that is just my personal and humble opinion though....but again, we are not sure what he is referring to here....perplexing to say the least!:confused:

The file with Jessica Adam's affidavit in it has the other friends' affidavits as well. You have to keep scrolling down.

OK I see them . I just read Bret Adams... thats just rah rahing what he heard from Jesica

Clea repeats some of what the other two all ready said. Also noted he was in fact, like I suggested, trying to do things he had not done before. To speak that she called him the budget Nazi that to me says she did have a spending problem... you know how it is when you complain to a friend... you embellish and what not for sympathy.

Again her husband repeats

Hannah - says he didn't buy her a car yet she had the nicest one. Insinuates that her miscarriages were caused by Brad. Frankly Hannah's entire affidavit is very bitter. Repeats many of the things said by others but much different wording.

So basically theres 3 voices. Three friends. You guys made it out to be this huge long list of friends. The Adam's, Morwicks's and an angry Hannah.

Look, when I was going through my divorce I have a best friend I confided in and many other friends I would complain too. They are friends...they only hear your side, so and I did this myself. I made it sound like I was in hell...I mean I was and she was horrible but what I am saying is you don't complain and then say nice things about that person.

Ok, I have read every link that I saw on her for these affidavits and I have only seen one friend... and that would be Adams. How are ALL THESE Friends that you are referring to? I have seen his, Adams, Shrink, custody, the removal of lawyer one, The one that named Heather Meotur sp? What other friends have done this that I missed?

Continue to scroll down after you read the Adam's document...they are all together.

LOL! Exactly- whatever that means! I guess I was trying to point out that not many late semester, pregnant ladies are having affairs...I just didn't want to open up a whole debate on it but I think it would be one of the least times in a woman's life that she would be in an affair...that is just my personal and humble opinion though....but again, we are not sure what he is referring to here....perplexing to say the least!:confused:

Again because most of you just consider actual sex as an affair. My ex wife's first affair...and believe me it was...was not physical...but that hurt me more worse than the physical ones. And she was 6 months pregnant at the time so it was even more of a betrayal. So believe me if she was pregnant she can still have an affair and a very hurtful one at that. I have to ask you guys to really think about quick firing y our answers because some of you really come off as tunnel vision. I am not saying to be disrespectful just trying to get some of you to open your mind here.

I started a thread with "Legal Documents - Nancy Cooper" earlier this morning on this forum. Sorry, server is moving too slow so I can't provide a link. Just go to the main forum for Nancy Cooper and you'll see a thread titled as I stated above. The last documents filed yesterday are on there with a list of names of Cary residents who provided affidavits regarding their acquaintance of Brad and Nancy Cooper.

fran

Legal Documents - Nancy Cooper Case

I stuck it for ya ;) Thanks fran! :blowkiss:

Again because most of you just consider actual sex as an affair. My ex wife's first affair...and believe me it was...was not physical...but that hurt me more worse than the physical ones. And she was 6 months pregnant at the time so it was even more of a betrayal. So believe me if she was pregnant she can still have an affair and a very hurtful one at that. I have to ask you guys to really think about quick firing y our answers because some of you really come off as tunnel vision. I am not saying to be disrespectful just trying to get some of you to open your mind here.

With respect, dppgr81, I do not have tunnel vision...I worked for a shelter for homeless and abused women for almost a decade...I daresay I have seen a lot and heard a lot that would curl your toes backwards! I am well aware that you can have an affair of the heart....however, when you read what was quoted...he said it happened once....THAT is not an affair of the heart or any other kind...that is a conversation at best....and yes I am aware that some pregnant women have affairs- of both natures...but typically they are relationships that have begun to evolve for a while...not a "one time" thing...that is what we mean by "whatever that means"- because truly, if you read it verbatim, you too will be perplexed...eyes wide open and all. JMHO of course :blowkiss:

ETA... I do not equate a sexual romp as an affair, either....there are so many kinds and types of affairs but that would be a separate thread and topic. Cheers!

I still say the affadavict makes Brad look like an ideal husband and father...that certainly isn't the picture I get from listening/reading what the neighbors say. And a person that wonderful should have lots of friends who would be happy to vouch for his involvement and love of his family.

I just find it odd that she complained that she had no money, yet bought designer clothes, Tiffany jewelry, drove a BMW, lived in a $300,000+ home and purchased $8000 paintings!

I'm sorry but if I wanted out a situation that bad and had that kind of money to throw away on "for show" junk, I would have squirrelled away some of that money used for frivilous things to get me the heck out of my situation.
She obviously had access to money.

Unfortunately, I think she embellished alot to her friends and I think she stayed because she liked the life (money) she had become accustomed to....which is most definetly sad...

This kind of drivel is being used to demonize an, as of yet, innocent man who just lost his wife....and kids

Tunnel vision only exists when the questions stop. Seems to me we are all still questioning. Being as politically correct as possible let me say that I can turn this about - many of us have been on this board for years and have seen and heard some of the most amazing things. Perhaps since you are new, you are sheltered with respect to crime. I can understand this because I will be the first to admit that there are some cases that still absolutely shock me.

I am not trying to be disrespectful either, just trying to get you to open your mind to the fact that many on this board have been through numerous cases and have heard some of the most astounding things, unbelievable things, understand how LE works and what they mean when certain phrases are spoken. Some of the opinions you oppose are derived from following many cases and understanding the patterns at work. Amature sleuthers perhaps but the breath of experience with crime is very broad on this board. Again no disrespect meant.

I just find it odd that she complained that she had no money, yet bought designer clothes, Tiffany jewelry, drove a BMW, lived in a $300,000+ home and purchased $8000 paintings!

I'm sorry but if I wanted out a situation that bad and had that kind of money to throw away on "for show" junk, I would have squirrelled away some of that money used for frivilous things to get me the heck out of my situation.
She obviously had access to money.

Unfortunately, I think she embellished alot to her friends and I think she stayed because she liked the life (money) she had become accustomed to....which is most definetly sad...

This kind of drivel is being used to demonize an, as of yet, innocent man who just lost his wife....and kids

I don't know - I just do not get that kind of feeling from what little I've seen of Nancy's pictures, her family (parents, siblings), friends that she was this money grabbing snob. ALL that I've heard from friends of BOTH Brad and Nancy are that she was a loving, caring woman who had tons of friends. She made a life for herself and her husband in another country where she knew no one. I don't see the same from any of Brad's parents, siblings, friends, heck, even co-workers...I am not saying FOR SURE, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, that he is guilty. But common sense HAS to give you a sense of who is telling the truth and who isn't.

Tunnel vision only exists when the questions stop. Seems to me we are all still questioning. Being as politically correct as possible let me say that I can turn this about - many of us have been on this board for years and have seen and heard some of the most amazing things. Perhaps since you are new, you are sheltered with respect to crime. I can understand this because I will be the first to admit that there are some cases that still absolutely shock me.

I am not trying to be disrespectful either, just trying to get you to open your mind to the fact that many on this board have been through numerous cases and have heard some of the most astounding things, unbelievable things, understand how LE works and what they mean when certain phrases are spoken. Some of the opinions you oppose are derived from following many cases and understanding the patterns at work. Amature sleuthers perhaps but the breath of experience with crime is very broad on this board. Again no disrespect meant.

That being said, we also know that no two cases are exactly alike. Each one is individually different...

Jessica Lunsford brought me here and I remember everyone had her father (and her grandfather at one point) hung high from the get go as being guilty.
Weren't we all shocked to find out that it was a neighbor unknown to her or her family who did the horrible deed.

Experience means nothing. Just when you think it's textbook, it will throw you for a loop.

Just saying......

OK I see them . I just read Bret Adams... thats just rah rahing what he heard from Jesica

Clea repeats some of what the other two all ready said. Also noted he was in fact, like I suggested, trying to do things he had not done before. To speak that she called him the budget Nazi that to me says she did have a spending problem... you know how it is when you complain to a friend... you embellish and what not for sympathy.

Again her husband repeats

Hannah - says he didn't buy her a car yet she had the nicest one. Insinuates that her miscarriages were caused by Brad. Frankly Hannah's entire affidavit is very bitter. Repeats many of the things said by others but much different wording.

So basically theres 3 voices. Three friends. You guys made it out to be this huge long list of friends. The Adam's, Morwicks's and an angry Hannah.

Look, when I was going through my divorce I have a best friend I confided in and many other friends I would complain too. They are friends...they only hear your side, so and I did this myself. I made it sound like I was in hell...I mean I was and she was horrible but what I am saying is you don't complain and then say nice things about that person.

I know you're trying to keep an open mind on this, and that's ok. That's the only way people can get a fair trial, is that people don't automatically think they're guilty just because they're on trial.

But this isn't a court and we don't have to go by those rules. I've been here long enough, and many others as well, that can say that we are ALMOST certain the guy did it. We see these same signs in case, after case, after case. One sign shows up, you over look it. Two signs come out, you can still explain it. But it gets to be ridiculous making excuses for the SO when it's all right in your face.

Of course Brad isn't going to admit he's an abuser! As if! He was the loving husband who did nothing but work hard to provide for his family and his wife was still not happy. She spent too much money, had an affair, and stayed out all night and they hadn't had sex since their last child.

Excuse me while I wipe away that tear.:rolleyes:

But you have person after person after person, say FIRST HAND what THEY OBSERVED the state of affairs of their marriage. He was controlling, verbally abusive, moody, self-centered, manipulative, demanding, with an ego the size of the tallest mountain. He's an MBA professional, Ironman.

I invite you to re-read those affidavits. Start from the beginning when her parents filed the ExParte motion, go though his also and then the last ones filed yesterday. I believe you'll see a pattern there. A pattern of 'his word' and 'everyone else's.' Do you honestly believe that all of those people would swear under oath, with threat of perjury, to those statements they made. These are Nancy's family and friends. These are respectable people. They are not going to swear under oath to statements that are NOT true.

Sure, some of them sound alike. But, they're all friends and talk. What more can they say? It is what it is. Believe me, they've probably already thought of things they should have added. Those will probably come up at trial. IF there is a trial.

I don't expect Brad to admit what he did, they rarely do. That is IF he did it. He's going to continue to wear his game face, his public persona. He is perfect. At least that's what he wants the world to see. And it's his attorney's JOB to portray him that way and to avoid any and all legal problems, including him being charged with murder.

I would be the first to admit that I'm not always right, and he may very well be innocent. But,..............I highly doubt it. But, IF he is and another person is arrested, tried and convicted, I would be the first to admit I was wrong and probably study this case forever to figure out how I could have been so wrong about him.

JMHO
fran

PS...I didn't get out of the affidavits that anyone was blaming Brad for Nancy's miscarriages. I believe they were trying to show how indifferent he was to his family. She needed immediate medical attention, but he was too busy to come home and take his loving wife to the hospital, so she had to call a taxi, and lose THEIR baby all by herself! sad, sad, sad

That being said, we also know that no two cases are exactly alike. Each one is individually different...

Jessica Lunsford brought me here and I remember everyone had her father (and her grandfather at one point) hung high from the get go as being guilty.
Weren't we all shocked to find out that it was a neighbor unknown to her or her family who did the horrible deed.

Experience means nothing. Just when you think it's textbook, it will throw you for a loop.

Just saying......

Hate to quote myself but wanted to add...

If LE stops looking at each individual case as it's own, true justice stops being served.

Sorry but many on here thus far have him convicted all ready. Lets be honest...there has been NO evidence released. Everything is hearsay and frankly many of the rumors are turning out to be incorrect... IE: Bleach at 4 am.

When I say tunnel vision i mean like saying Brad dumped her body verse the killer dumped her body. Things like this. I for one am all to familiar with many of the things that they went through and I give my valid reason why he may be doing laundry now when he never did before. Because he wanted to go and do many of the things she complained about. Heather even stated he had been around allot more the last couple months so in my eyes he was trying to make better.

Again, because you have experience talking about cases and seeing that many of them do end up the husband... lets say 75% a good detective will not ignore the other 25%. I reserver to ever judge with out hard facts and I only propose other angles that people who have that tunnel vision wont see or say. I cant claim to know whether he did it or not.. but i don't think anyone else can either. We just don't have any facts yet. You ahev to admit if you have an open mind and have not convicted him yet when speaking about it you would say the killer did this not Brad did this.

Just saying......

I take it you were shocked as well.

I agree Fran he does sound like a control freak!

I don't think she would've been responsible for the utilities. There is no way 1200.00 would cover that with food, gas, etc. The water being cut off may mean she was, but I don't think that's the case, especially if BC was the one to have to pay it and turn it back on. The water being tuned off seems strange to me. If I had a friend who had her water turned off (four of her friends knew about it) I would pay the bill. Maybe it was just an oversight as far as the bill not being paid not some kind of "punishment or withholding"? :confused:

I'm not saying he's guilty or not guilty, just some points to ponder. And as we've all heard a million times in our lifetime there's three sides to every story. Sad that NC can't be here to tell hers. :(

IMHO, I don't think it was always Nancy's choice on IF she could accept HELP from her friends. Seriously. I feel he had enough of an emotional hold on her that she would be almost afraid to do anything without asking his permission, or at least against his wishes. Like if she called him at work and said the water is off and they won't allow me to turn it back on, or she didn't have the ca$h to do it.

I could see him tell her he'd take care of it, and leave her stewing for hours until he felt like getting around to it. Or, she could have said, well I can borrow the $$ until you get home, and him tell her, 'no, I'll take care of it.' She dutifully waits for his beckon call.:eek:

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads