Girl 8, kicked out of tennis tournament, father giving secret instructions ..

I guess I'm confused at what exactly the father told the girl through the earpiece. If he was telling her what to put on the scorecard to give herself an advantage, shame on him. If he was giving her instructions on how to play better...it just sounds like coaching to me. True, it probably should have been done differently if he was just coaching, but let's face it...a few extra instructions from good ol' dad aren't going to make her skill that much better.

One of the conditions of the tourney was that the players had to keep score themselves. For some odd reason they also had to ref their own game.

The girl apparently had some problems with both or just keeping score.

So the girl and her father "cheated" via "secret instructions".

If the girl could not have kept score herself, then she should have improved that skill before the tourney.

That would be a skill, just like playing tennis.

Yes it is cheating and she was removed from the tourney. She did not possess the right skill set to play in this tourney, so her and her Dad cheated to cover up this lack of skill set.

One of the conditions of the tourney was that the players had to keep score themselves. For some odd reason they also had to ref their own game.

The girl apparently had some problems with both or just keeping score.

So the girl and her father "cheated" via "secret instructions".

If the girl could not have kept score herself, then she should have improved that skill before the tourney.

That would be a skill, just like playing tennis.

Yes it is cheating and she was removed from the tourney. She did not possess the right skill set to play in this tourney, so her and her Dad cheated to cover up this lack of skill set.

Great explanation CL, I agree that she should have been removed from the tourney.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back