"Embarrassed" girl gets court protection in New Zealand over her name

Talula does the Hula from Hawaii !?!!?? that's the name !?!?! i had to read it quite a few times ...

good for the judge

The name Talula, alone, is an acceptable name... but the rest: what was the parents smoking when they named that child?

I need to send this article to my middle son and point out that he could have have had a looped-out momma name him something crazy like that. (He hates his name... all normal names... just the size of the hyphenated middle name was hard for him to learn how to write in 1st grade... so he decided he hated his name and has never changed his mind. Left to his will, he'd drop the "Patrick" in his name)

The name Talula, alone, is an acceptable name... but the rest: what was the parents smoking when they named that child?

I need to send this article to my middle son and point out that he could have have had a looped-out momma name him something crazy like that. (He hates his name... all normal names... just the size of the hyphenated middle name was hard for him to learn how to write in 1st grade... so he decided he hated his name and has never changed his mind. Left to his will, he'd drop the "Patrick" in his name)

Patrick is a good old irish name tell him:):):)

The judge should change Tulula's parents' name to Dork... Ima and Heza...

My name is Keely and when I was little I hated it. In he 80s I was the only one in my town with that who I ever heard of. Now it is much more common and once or twice in public places I have heard "Keely!" and turned around only to see a little girl running over to her mother. It seems I am trend starter. When I was growing up and it was rarer here I always had to spell it and it was forever mispronounced as Kelly, Kylie even Kirra-leigh. When I was 7 I swore if I ever had a little girl I would name her something simple and easy to spell like Mary. Now I am older I love my name but I don't think any of the children in this story will ever feel that way. It's cruel to deliberately set your child up to be a playground laughing stock. In fact I would go so far to call it borderline sadistic and these names would have terrible repercussions on their career. Would you hire a barrister named Fish Smith? Would you ever go to the clinic of Doctor Midnight Chardonnay Green? I couldn't imagine any parents dropping off their child at Violence Brown's Chilcare Centre and I expect that Number 16 Bus Shelter Jones' New and Used Cars would never be a roaring success. I know of a baby boy recently whose mother named him Rage. What went on in her head when she chose that I will never know. Are these women getting revenge for morning sickness and long labours or something?

We have a politican in our electorate with the fabulous name of Richard Head and I went to school with a Ronald Macdonald but that was long before Maccas came to Oz.

Richard Head is a perfect name for a politican. Sounds like he was born for the job.

Youre not wrong Kiki..maybe his parents had a vision:)

And to think that a nurse chastised my grandmother for naming my aunt "Kathy." Apparently that's not a name. :rolleyes:

Gram got her way, but not before several nurses and an administrator tried to convince her that it had to be Katherine or Kathleen - not just Kathy.

Yes, I got my obstinate ways honestly.:angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back