Mary Winkler Gets Her Children Back

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just heard on Cnn Headline news that Mary W went to pick up her children she has regained custody of her children.

N O ------------------------
:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

OMG what the heck??? That is just so wrong.

It amazes me that she gets her kids back after admitting to killing their father but Brad Cooper looses his children and he hasn't even been arrested. This just shows that our justice system is broken and needs to be fixed.

I'm not going to comment on Cooper getting his children back, but even if everythi8ng Mary Winkler said in defense was true, she doesn't deserve to have them back.

It's a poor problem solving solution to shoot someone and especially the way she did.

She'll make sure those grandparents don't see the children, either. Double loss.

big MISTAKE! Those poor kids!

I'll bet the grandparents are really upset and he youngest child is probably especially attached to them. This is awful. I believed most of the allegations about Matthew, but the kids would be better off with the grandparents, imo.

They call this justice? Why not send Neil Entwistle back to England while their at it! I am afraid for the children.I believe Mary has a mental problem~ if a man doesnt treat you right, LEAVE HIM!! DONT KILL HIM~ Thou shalt not kill!!!

Mary Winkler takes children home to McMinnville
Friday, August 1, 2008

Mary Winkler, convicted of killing her husband, picked up her three daughters today from their grandparents and took them to her home in McMinnville, Tenn.

Although no court order has been entered for a change in custody, a source said Winkler and her in-laws have reached an agreement that the children will live with their mother. She has had supervised visits since September 2007.

More at link:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/aug/01/mary-winkler-takes-children-home-mcminnville/

absolutely unthinkable that she is out. And NOW she has the kids too?

I wonder what changed the minds of her inlaws. They wanted to supervised visits, now they let the kids go with her?

absolutely unthinkable that she is out. And NOW she has the kids too?

I wonder what changed the minds of her inlaws. They wanted to supervised visits, now they let the kids go with her?

Probably just giving in to the inevitable. The children may also have wanted to go back to their mother...children are unbelievably loyal and perhaps Mary came off as a much better parent to them--if the accounts of the family going out to eat and the children getting nothing or very little while Matthew ordered the super size platter--They may remember their father as a harsh disciplinarian.

Again, none of which should excuse what Mary did, just an explanation for why the grandparents perhaps decided to negotiate seeing the children over fighting for custody and losing entirely.

I am delighted that Mary and the girls are reunited. This has been a hard fought victory. Many thanks to all those who worked to get this day to come!:woohoo:

I am delighted that Mary and the girls are reunited. This has been a hard fought victory. Many thanks to all those who worked to get this day to come!:woohoo:

It would appear that the grandparents are in agreement, therefore it's not for any of us to day differently I would suspect.

This decision by the Winklers did not happen suddenly. They have prayed about it for months. They also have the knowledge that they immediately did the right thing for these girls by seeing fit that each one of them received therapy when their trauma was unfolding and continued trying to heal them the best that they can be. They gave them undying support, love and security and a solid foundation for almost 2 and a half years at the lowest point of their lives. The Winkler grandparents totally sacrificed their own lives and made these children their number one priority even in the time of their own terrible loss of their son.

They also have had ample time to see how the children were coping seeing their mother again.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Diane and Dan Winkler will remain a very large part of Allie, Patricia and Brianna's lives. The children may have left their home but the love they have for their grandparents are still very much within their hearts.

They also know that Patricia will be the protector of her younger siblings and would alert them if anything is wrong imo. This arrangement will be closely monitored by all interested parties imo.

Mary has a lot of mending to do to assure the children they are safe. It would not surprise me though that in the future that some of the children as they age may decide to return to live with the Winklers.

imo

When I first heard that she got her kids back, I was happy. Then I came across a website www.eyesforlying.com. There is a blog in there about her. It was very eye opening. I have a totally different opinion of her now. She should still be in prison.

Hooray! The good news is that Mary and daughters have received the court's stamp of approval today. Mary has permanent custody of the girls!!:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back