Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The road could be blocked off because of some other house. Maybe the unstable neighbor who lives in the back.

BTW..Thanks for the article about the gun testing. I wonder why the 15 never showed or called?

One thing about the gun testing, it shows LE still strongly believes the killer was an immediate local.

The road could be blocked off because of some other house. Maybe the unstable neighbor who lives in the back.

BTW..Thanks for the article about the gun testing. I wonder why the 15 never showed or called?

One thing about the gun testing, it shows LE still strongly believes the killer was an immediate local.
And they must think a registered gun will be the weapon??

If LE is looking for a specific 40 Caliber Weapon then the LARGER of the guns used must have been a 40 Caliber. Perhaps LE believes the smaller gun could have been a cheap throw-away, but NOT the 40 caliber weapon. Much less likely to have been tossed after maybe??

And they do specify a HANDGUN - not a rifle.

My Opinion

Yep exactly what I'm thinking! The OSBI believes the killer(s) are local but for some reason they are having a difficult time pinpointing or proving exactly who it is. We now know what the type of medium gun was used in the murders. I wonder why they wouldn't release the other one??? A .40 caliber isn't really that popular of semi-auto like a 9mm or 45. I own one but I personally don't know of any of my friends that do (including a few LE0's). I wonder how far an area those 60 owners cover??

Honestly , I can't see why the OSBI would be testing weapons unless it is some kind of trick. The killer(s) aren't going to bring the murder weapon in to be tested! So what is the OSBI up to? Is there a parent out there that doesn't realize their firearm was used in these brutal murders??? Did someone have access to a gun without the owner being aware of it? If the murder(s) are convicted felons they won't have the gun registered anyway because it is illegal for them to purchase a firearm. Was there a firearm stolen recently??? Is the murder weapon somewhere in those 20 that weren't brought in and tested?

Personally, I think when this senseless crime is solved we are all going to be shocked and surprised by who the scumbags are that did it!

I guess they figure even it the gun was stolen, the person who originally bought it most likely registered it.
??
Not sure what they're thinking at this point.

Bargle you seem to know something about firearms like myself. The smaller caliber weapon used in the murders has to be a 22 caliber weapon because the entrance wounds are so small. I just said .223 type of bullets to compare bullet sizes to entrance wounds. I have leaned toward a 22 rimfire from the beginning and if what you way is correct about 22 rimfire being copper coated as the autopsy says, then that would support my assumption. Why do you think alot of the entrance wounds are .5 cm but a few are smaller . 3 cm and .4 cm and a few are larger .6 cm? Why the inconsistency? I know the autopsy report says both small and medium size bullets or fragments were found in Skyla but there isn't that much difference between .3 and .5 cm to say one is small and one is medium! They are both small in my opinion.
Apparently it is also very difficult to determine the caliber of a bullet from the size of the entrance wound. A lot of variables one of which is the elastictity of the skin. Entrance wounds on younger people tend to be smaller than those on an older person because of skin elasticity.
Albert got it. Angle of entry affects it also. Notice in the autopsy reports many of the wounds have an A x B size notation, indicating the bullet didn't strike straight on.

I guess they figure even it the gun was stolen, the person who originally bought it most likely registered it.
?? Not sure what they're thinking at this point.

If any firearm is purchased from a licensed firearm dealer there has to be a background check done on the purchaser. You basically fill out a questionnaire that asks you if you are a convicted felon, mentally unstable, etc. Yes a convicted felon could lie on the questions (Most felons or criminals don't go through this trouble. They either steal the gun or buy it off the street). But then you have to provide your current driver's license and SS number (you don't have to give SS but it speeds the process). The dealer calls your info in for the background check. It only takes a minute or so. After approved that firearm's serial number is registered in your name. Of course if the firearm was purchased from an individual or maybe even at a pawn shop (I'm not sure about the rules there) there would be no background check or registration. If you buy a gun from an individual at a gun show you don't have to have a background check but if bought from a license dealer at at gun show the check has to be done. So if a stolen firearm is used in a crime and traced back it would be traced back to the original owner.

Yep exactly what I'm thinking! The OSBI believes the killer(s) are local but for some reason they are having a difficult time pinpointing or proving exactly who it is. We now know what the type of medium gun was used in the murders. I wonder why they wouldn't release the other one??? A .40 caliber isn't really that popular of semi-auto like a 9mm or 45. I own one but I personally don't know of any of my friends that do (including a few LE0's). I wonder how far an area those 60 owners cover??

Honestly , I can't see why the OSBI would be testing weapons unless it is some kind of trick. The killer(s) aren't going to bring the murder weapon in to be tested! So what is the OSBI up to? Is there a parent out there that doesn't realize their firearm was used in these brutal murders??? Did someone have access to a gun without the owner being aware of it? If the murder(s) are convicted felons they won't have the gun registered anyway because it is illegal for them to purchase a firearm. Was there a firearm stolen recently??? Is the murder weapon somewhere in those 20 that weren't brought in and tested?

Personally, I think when this senseless crime is solved we are all going to be shocked and surprised by who the scumbags are that did it!

If it was a teenager who took Daddy's gun without permission and then put it back after the killings, they might just accidentally find the killer/killers.

If the killers were locals and younger and approached the girls in a vehicle, it means these guys were tooling around the area on that Sunday afternoon. I find it hard to believe somebody didn't see them. All LE needs is a list of people that were seen driving around on Sunday. Maybe they have some names and they are going to see if one of the family names show up. Maybe they figure the smaller gun was the kids gun but the .40 caliber was a family gun.

Maybe somebodies old man is sweating some bullets right about now.

Is it likely a small caliber bullet like a .22 could have broken Skyla's arm bone? I tend to think not but maybe I am wrong.

The reason I think it is important is because I think LE is about 99.99% sure they have two shooters and I think much of that 99.99% came from the autopsy.

If the killers were locals and younger and approached the girls in a vehicle, it means these guys were tooling around the area on that Sunday afternoon. I find it hard to believe somebody didn't see them. All LE needs is a list of people that were seen driving around on Sunday. Maybe they have some names and they are going to see if one of the family names show up. Maybe they figure the smaller gun was the kids gun but the .40 caliber was a family gun.

Maybe somebodies old man is sweating some bullets right about now.

And maybe that's why some haven't come in yet!

Tulsa Word, Aug 18th

WELEETKA — More than three dozen guns from the Weleetka area were test fired over the weekend as authorities worked to narrow their leads into the June 8 slayings of two girls north of town.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080818_1__WELEE32641

Thank you cloudajo for the link. I put it in our media thread.

I agree it sure does sound like they have a reason for testing local guns.
I also am thinking back to the nite after the murders when a call was made about someone around the Placker's house. Who knows maybe they came back..

If it was a teenager who took Daddy's gun without permission and then put it back after the killings, they might just accidentally find the killer/killers.

Do you think they cleaned daddy's gun?

Is it possible that Daddy doesn't realize his gun has been used to commit a crime?

Is it possible that Daddy doesn't realize his gun has been used to commit a crime?

Lauren,
That is what I am wondering also. Gosh, I hope this is a break in the case.

Maybe OSBI need to rethink the defacing of Skyla's cross at the memorial.......That seems like something teenagers would be stupid enough to do, not a professional killer.

Do you think they cleaned daddy's gun?

Hi Getsmart~
I am betting that the gun may not have been cleaned. Only because the crime seems to have been from a "disorganized killer". That means that usually they are not that smart, and they act out spontaneously. With that being said maybe they will not have thought about the necessity of cleaning the gun. But the bottom line is, this case is so bizarre that who knows what the killer(s) were thinking. I just hope that a break in the case comes soon.

Maybe OSBI need to rethink the defacing of Skyla's cross at the memorial.......That seems like something teenagers would be stupid enough to do, not a professional killer.

One of my Henryetta sources tells me there is a new cross. I dont know if it is up yet or not, but I bet it is. If not, it will be soon.:woohoo:

Lauren,
That is what I am wondering also. Gosh, I hope this is a break in the case.

I have to believe that they are getting closer. This isn't the cold case we all feel it is. I think they want to be 100% sure before making an arrest in this case and I agree with an earlier post.....we will be surprised by who it is.

Good point...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members