TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live outside of Nashville and this story is not getting any time on the news here. I heard about it on the radio and I read about it online.

If this was a black couple, raped, tortured and killed by a group of white men, this would have been on every single news station in the world. There would have been marches and protests all over the place. People would be screaming for "justice" and they would be slamming Tennessee as a redneck state for allowing this to happen.

We are a biracial family but regardless of that fact, this pisses us off that these animals with little or no future killed this couple who had promising futures.

I live outside of Nashville and this story is not getting any time on the news here. I heard about it on the radio and I read about it online.

If this was a black couple, raped, tortured and killed by a group of white men, this would have been on every single news station in the world. There would have been marches and protests all over the place. People would be screaming for "justice" and they would be slamming Tennessee as a redneck state for allowing this to happen.

We are a biracial family but regardless of that fact, this pisses us off that these animals with little or no future killed this couple who had promising futures.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, pixies.

I am reminded of the memoir, "Lucky", by Alice Sebold. She is a white woman who was brutally raped by a black man. After filing a police report and going to trial, she was accused by the defense of racism and her her status as a well-off white female was mocked (as if that was a justification for being attacked). She writes that she often wished her rapist was white. She was doubly victimized. I feel that this situation is similar.

as usual unfair thank you for the update joe justice is so far from a reality.

This case is so horrifying! It has haunted me since the day I first heard of this! :(

Thanks for the updates though!

I'm glad the house is gone. How awful for the families that they still have another year of trials to face.

I never understood why there wasn't much more press on this. I am also glad that the house is gone.

I remember when this happened but I probably would never have heard of it if it hadn't been on here. Yes, this case should have been broadcast from one end of the earth to the other. It is just horrible. Those poor kids didn't deserve what happened to them. I hope the killers get the worst the state can give them. What kind of people do things like these four did :furious:

What kind of people do things like these four did :furious:
Barbaric animals. They honestly don't deserve to live, IMO. And if that makes me a barbaric animal as well, so be it.

Razing that house was necessary. Thank God it's gone. If only that could bring back these kids. :(

That's the sad thing about this kind of crime. You can try the animals and find them guilty and put them in jail or sentence them to death. But it doesn't bring back the victims.

That's the sad thing about this kind of crime. You can try the animals and find them guilty and put them in jail or sentence them to death. But it doesn't bring back the victims.
That's what strikes me so strongly about razing this house. Of course it's something that needed to be done but it screams out to me that these kids are still gone. Nothing can ever change that and that stinks.

Okay, I realize that my rant will mean nothing to no one, but I feel as if I need to get this off my chest. I live right outside of Knoxville where this heinous murder happened. And I have listened to the crap being spouted by the defense attorneys for all the animals charged. A month ago it was one of them wanted his "confession" of seeing someone else do the murders thrown out because at the time he didn't know they were gonna find his fingerprints.
Today in the Knoxville News Sentinel (www.knoxnews.com) they are talking about Vanessa Coleman, the female accomplice in all of this, doesn't understand why she is being treated as a criminal. All she did was observe and cook. She cooked a huge breakfast for the murderers, she didn't flip out when she found out her boyfriend, who was involved, had slept with Channon Christian, one of the murder victims!! Sorry, but he did NOT sleep with the poor girl, he RAPED her.
She never picked up the phone and tried to save a life, she obviously has zero compassion for ANY living thing. None of these monsters do. I am constantly sickened by the fact that any of these sickos even get the chance to walk into court in regular clothes, that they get to speak even through their attorneys and use the words "I just cooked and observed" and "I don't know why they are treating me like a criminal".
I cannot imagine the pain families who lose a member to violence go through. But to have their faces rubbed in it by these pigs is sorry.
Okay, I'm sorry, I am climbing off my soapbox now, I am sickened by this story and just had nowhere else to vent tonight. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member