Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I don't care what he was wearing. The only inside information that I see any relevance in is the time of the HT trip which you have inside info on and the LTF card. None of which is substantiated yet by police. I am not calling you or your children a liar. It will be a fact to me when the police comment about it.

Personally I'm storing that info away just in case something comes out that relates to it (what he was wearing that is). ;)

Yep. There seems to be a trend by LE, at least in North Carolina, to not try cases in the media. I have no doubt that they are trying to tie up every loose end before they lay their cards on the table.

I think Chief Bazemore did a very good job of handling this situation. I believe the press gave out more information than she did, and considering the press was on the ground and in the middle of it talking to neighbors and whoever, they were certainly asking questions related to what they were hearing from the neighborhood. The Chief did a good job indeed of getting around it.

Personally I'm storing that info away just in case something comes out that relates to it (what he was wearing that is). ;)

If I find out he was searching for his wife with bloody clothes I will be furious that I let this case intrigue me at all. :furious:

If I find out he was searching for his wife with bloody clothes I will be furious that I let this case intrigue me at all. :furious:

That just made my stomach flip :( I'm thinking more of maybe some video that may come out of him shopping or something.

I think we should take a poll as to what was asked and what was answered in the 15 July presser.

My opinion -listening to the reporter's question only - the reporter asks if Brad Cooper was out actively searching for his wife when she was reported missing ( 2:51 pm on 12 July).

The response I hear - never answers that very specific time frame - instead what I hear is Chief Bazemore says that Brad did not participate in organized searches in the beginning but he did participate later.

Link:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/3211708/

The question is asked at 8:32 into this presser. See what you all think.

Mt3K - while listening again to the 14th 6:30 presser I noted at 2:36 into the conference that Chief Bazemore confirms that Brad allowed LE into the house and into BOTH cars the afternoon of 12 July.

So LE did look inside both vehicles the day Nancy went missing.

That's how I take it, and agree the Chief has done a good job with her answers (including some dancing). BTW I've searched high and low without finding the video that shows LE looking in the garbage can to see if it shows the side door; so I'm glad someone is going to drive by and look!

That's how I take it, and agree the Chief has done a good job with her answers (including some dancing). BTW I've searched high and low without finding the video that shows LE looking in the garbage can to see if it shows the side door; so I'm glad someone is going to drive by and look!

I think the trash can shot was a still IIRC - I'm thinking the N &O shots.

That just made my stomach flip :( I'm thinking more of maybe some video that may come out of him shopping or something.

That all goes back to LE not confirming that he was shopping at 4:20. I will care about clothes when they at least suggest that this trip happened. I don't doubt that MOM trusts whomever she heard this information from or that she saw Brad with a certain set of clothes. I want LE to confirm it all.

Last Friday on CNN, I am watching a news conference on the discovery of Bigfoot (Sasquatch). They had DNA, photos, and the works. For whatever reason, I wanted to get some conformation from more recognizable scientists and reputable personel before actually believing this amazing discovery. Good thing, huh?

Last Friday on CNN, I am watching a news conference on the discovery of Bigfoot (Sasquatch). They had DNA, photos, and the works. For whatever reason, I wanted to get some conformation from more recognizable scientists and reputable personel before actually believing this amazing discovery. Good thing, huh?

So Roy, are you saying that since we now know that Bigfoot is still at large (and not frozen in that block of ice), that perhaps BF had something to do with NC's murder? {Sorry... couldn't resist} If so, I can add this one as Theory E, but it would be even more "out there" than Theory D. :)

So Roy, are you saying that since we now know that Bigfoot is still at large (and not frozen in that block of ice), that perhaps BF had something to do with NC's murder? {Sorry... couldn't resist} If so, I can add this one as Theory E, but it would be even more "out there" than Theory D. :)

hahaha. No I gotta go with A. I kind of agree with RC in that I think the Chief has done a fabulous job. I don't think she has given anything away except for that one little thing at the beginning. She comforted the public by saying this crime was not "isolated nor random".

There really is only one way to interpret that.

Back to the LTF subject: if BC wasn't successful having NC's card scanned after having his own card scanned (as reported in an earlier post), did he still enter the club? Some have suggested he spent a good deal of the two plus hours at LTF. Yet, others think he never went past the main lobby. If he didn't go in, what did he do for the rest of that time? There is a reason I'm asking this, but first I would like some clarification of the general consensus that may have been established on WS... since I've been out of the loop for awhile. .

There is a reason I'm asking this, but first I would like some clarification of the general consensus that may have been established on WS

On the issue of whether he went in past the front desk and if so, how long did he stay there, no consensus has been reached on the board. We know he was gone from home for 2.5 hrs and had both girls. We don't know where all he went. Carwash is one speculation, in addition of course to LTF.

As to the LTF cards issue.

LTF, like many places, has been sued for revealing information to the wrong person - like the spouse/SO/Family Member of clients. I KNOW from working with hotels and gyms, that company policies say you do not give out a members info to ANYONE, no matter what they say - basically it takes a WARRANT to compel them to give out membership/guest info to ANYONE but the member him/herself. This is what may have happened...

Brad went in looking for Nancy and asked if she had been in that day
The Front Desk Person said, "I can't give you that information sir"
Brad gave them his card, said I am a member here, we have a "family membership, I am her husband (see here's my card)
The Front Desk Person may have scanned his card to pull up his info and make a note and then repeated "I am sorry sir, I understand it is a joint membership, but per company policy I cannot give you that information - maybe you should just go in and look around and see if she is here"
IF Brad had Nancy's card (or A CARD - maybe she had two, or he had an old card) he said, here, I have her card, she has not come home, and my kids are waiting in the car - can't you just scan it and let me know if she is here or has been in today?
And The Front Desk Person hands him back the card(s) and says, "I am sorry Mr Cooper, I sympathize, but that is private information and LTF company policies say I cannot give it out to ANYONE, even you"

I think it's possible that too much is being read into what basically was a MAYBE 2 minute exchange. I don't believe BC was so calm, cool and collected as to sit down 4 hours after murdering his wife in cold blood and figure out a way to make it LOOK like Nancy was at LTF when she wasn't. BC is smart, but he's a nerd, not socially outgoing and not very "people savvy" and this does not fit with the other "profile" information we have gotten from his prior behaviors and the behaviors and activity of that day. I think BC DID go to LTF, I just don't believe he was "trying to get Nancy's card scanned" - that is so transparent even Bella would have seen thru it and he had to know that. He either presented HIS card and asked about Nancy, or presented her card and asked about Nancy. He was standing at the front desk with people and a half-dozen cameras - he wouldn't have tried to "fool" anyone - especially if he KNEW Nancy was dead and LE would dissect every step and every breath he took that day.

If you believe BC killed Nancy you have to look at EVERYTHING BC said and did that day thru the lens of someone who ALREADY KNEW NANCY WASN'T COMING HOME. He would have KNOWN he would be the main suspect. He would have KNOWN that Nancy was only a short distance from home in a populated area and WOULD BE FOUND. He let LE into his house, he let them search the cars, he told them what he had done that day and when. He openly told them he went to HT and LTF. He opened the door for them to question the staff at HT and LTF (remember he knows he killed Nancy) - if he was trying to make it look like Nancy was at LTF Sat, why tell LE he went there looking for her? Brad was obviously setting up HT visits as an alibi and LTF as a concerned husband with a missing (remember he knows she is dead) wife.

For me the Limus test for all of the speculation about BC is that he KNEW she was dead and WHERE she was when ALL of these activities and actions and statements happened. He wouldn't have set up LTF as a "Nancy was still alive" Sat afternoon" because he KNEW she wasn't and might be found any minute.

My Opinion

On the issue of whether he went in past the front desk and if so, how long did he stay there, no consensus has been reached on the board. We know he was gone from home for 2.5 hrs and had both girls. We don't know where all he went. Carwash is one speculation, in addition of course to LTF.
Ok. Thanks, SG. Back to the lockers. Apparently by having her card scanned, he wanted it to appear NC was at the club after she left the house. To support this line of thinking, he also may have planned to leave items in a locker belonging to her to make it further appear she had checked in. This is entirely possible without using a card. Many times members simply put items in a locker without locking them, which requires leaving the card behind. A friend of mine made a habit of this and had an expensive pair of running shoes stolen (yes; in Cary at LTF shock/shock) while he was swimming. You do not need a card to use a locker.

If BC continued into the club after failing to have her card swiped, he still could have left items in a locker in the family dressing room. I have no idea because Momto3 has not told us yet if he left after being refused the card swipe. This could be another reason he had her purse with him in the car. He had planned to leave it in a locker.

As to the LTF cards issue.

LTF, like many places, has been sued for revealing information to the wrong person - like the spouse/SO/Family Member of clients. I KNOW from working with hotels and gyms, that company policies say you do not give out a members info to ANYONE, no matter what they say - basically it takes a WARRANT to compel them to give out membership/guest info to ANYONE but the member him/herself. This is what may have happened...

Brad went in looking for Nancy and asked if she had been in that day
The Front Desk Person said, "I can't give you that information sir"
Brad gave them his card, said I am a member here, we have a "family membership, I am her husband (see here's my card)
The Front Desk Person may have scanned his card to pull up his info and make a note and then repeated "I am sorry sir, I understand it is a joint membership, but per company policy I cannot give you that information - maybe you should just go in and look around and see if she is here"
IF Brad had Nancy's card (or A CARD - maybe she had two, or he had an old card) he said, here, I have her card, she has not come home, and my kids are waiting in the car - can't you just scan it and let me know if she is here or has been in today?
And The Front Desk Person hands him back the card(s) and says, "I am sorry Mr Cooper, I sympathize, but that is private information and LTF company policies say I cannot give it out to ANYONE, even you"

I think it's possible that too much is being read into what basically was a MAYBE 2 minute exchange. I don't believe BC was so calm, cool and collected as to sit down 4 hours after murdering his wife in cold blood and figure out a way to make it LOOK like Nancy was at LTF when she wasn't. BC is smart, but he's a nerd, not socially outgoing and not very "people savvy" and this does not fit with the other "profile" information we have gotten from his prior behaviors and the behaviors and activity of that day. I think BC DID go to LTF, I just don't believe he was "trying to get Nancy's card scanned" - that is so transparent even Bella would have seen thru it and he had to know that. He either presented HIS card and asked about Nancy, or presented her card and asked about Nancy. He was standing at the front desk with people and a half-dozen cameras - he wouldn't have tried to "fool" anyone - especially if he KNEW Nancy was dead and LE would dissect every step and every breath he took that day.

If you believe BC killed Nancy you have to look at EVERYTHING BC said and did that day thru the lens of someone who ALREADY KNEW NANCY WASN'T COMING HOME. He would have KNOWN he would be the main suspect. He would have KNOWN that Nancy was only a short distance from home in a populated area and WOULD BE FOUND. He let LE into his house, he let them search the cars, he told them what he had done that day and when. He openly told them he went to HT and LTF. He opened the door for them to question the staff at HT and LTF (remember he knows he killed Nancy) - if he was trying to make it look like Nancy was at LTF Sat, why tell LE he went there looking for her? Brad was obviously setting up HT visits as an alibi and LTF as a concerned husband with a missing (remember he knows she is dead) wife.

For me the Limus test for all of the speculation about BC is that he KNEW she was dead and WHERE she was when ALL of these activities and actions and statements happened. He wouldn't have set up LTF as a "Nancy was still alive" Sat afternoon" because he KNEW she wasn't and might be found any minute.

My Opinion
I wish I had read this before I responded because you make a whole lot of sense. I totally agree!!

I think it comes down to what Brad knew and what Brad didn't know as of 1 - 2pm on Sat. 7/12. Brad DID NOT know that JA had called police and reported her friend missing. All Brad knew was that JA was looking for Nancy, he found out they had an appt to paint together, and JA was worried. He told JA he was going out to look for her (this is some 5+ hrs after Nancy 'left to go jogging').

So in Brad's mind, not knowing what else JA did besides call HIM, he believes (and said this later) that he can't report NC missing for 24 hrs. So again, in his mind, he's got time to be out and about doing whatever he was doing for 2.5+ hrs.

He told LE he looked for her at LTF because he was there; he was not expecting LE to be at his house by 3pm that Saturday, asking questions. I believe he switched his story. I think the original plan was to somehow have that LTF system show Nancy as 'being there/card scanned.' I agree it was a stupid plan because of course someone somewhere would have to see that he faked that visit, but who knows WHAT was in his mind. There is no reason for him to

1. Have Nancy's card on him. He had his own. He could go in and look around.

2. Go to LTF first (or even at all). Why? Because obviously Nancy didnt have her card--HE had it! So a trip to LTF was moot. He could have called them instead of strapping the kids into their car seats and going there in person.

If his activities are as mt3k described, then his visit was not really looking for Nancy.

I believe Brad's 6:15am & 6:40am HT visits are to try and cover himself in case someone saw him out driving around EARLIER and also to try and show (through bogus phone calls) that Nancy was alive as late as 7am.

Of course I could be wrong and I eagerly await learning what LE has ascertained in this case...that is if they ever release any info and move this investigation into a more public arena.

This could be another reason he had her purse with him in the car. He had planned to leave it in a locker.
Wait a sec. Which car did he take to LTF. It was his SEDAN, right? But JA said that Nancy's purse was in HER car...the SUV. And LE took Nancy's purse out of the SUV. So Brad didn't have Nancy's purse with him when he went out in his car to LTF--he put her purse in HER car, along with her cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500