IDENTIFIED-Tawni Lee Mazzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Cat...

Im really interested in learning more about TAWNI, did she like sports ? Music? Hobbies????

I was reminded of my "highway test" when my dad was driving 75 mph and I opended the door to see if she could have opended it without to much wind resistance. This was done before we knew she exited the window. ANd I can tell you that pavement was going by so fast it was scary. Since then I have been going along in the passenger seat with the window down at 75 mph and I KNOW that Tawni would NOT have jumped unless she had immeadiate fear for her life.

I think she felt she was serious danger for her life and felt she HAD to jump to try and save her life. Because it is very scary seeing that road moving by like that.

If you knew how close I was to telling the Det and the ME about this, you would have collapsed-it STILL makes me laugh to this day...you are CRAZY.

It is my opinion, that ANY Missing person, reguardless of age, race, past history of running away, drug abuse, etc. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who goes missing should have a LEGITIMATE police report filed.
If LE determines that the person is a runaway and an investigation should not ensue, or if the info is not released to the public, well, that's a different story (whether I agree, or not).

But I see absolutely NO REASON, for ANY missing person, EVER, ANYWHERE, to NOT be listed as missing with LE. There are far TOO MANY UID's out there waiting for someone to give them a name. Tawni should have been linked to a missing persons report right away after she was found. Almost no time or money would have been lost in filing an official report when Tawni went missing. But A LOT of time and money would have been saved in identifying her. Filing a report for every missing person, reguardless of details and circumstance would be beneficial to Law Enforcement, government funds, the missing, families of the missing, and our communities as a whole. The only people I could see this not benefiting, is criminals.

FWIW-(for what it is worth) I try and keep this in perspective. Missing persons cases are the most frustrating, expensive, resource draining investigations that LE has to pursue. Budgets are being cut left and right, and if you are a Phoenix PD desk sergeant who is being overrun with child prostitution, gang activity, drug dealing, murder and mayhem you are seriously tempted to give short shrift to the families who are trying to report these cases....especially if they are a troubled teen.

Do I think that it was reasonable to refuse to take the report? Absolutely not, but with Campaign For The Missing (for example) the intake forms are standardized, the databases are standardized and the cost of processing and collections is free to the state government-this frees up the resources needed to get more well trained officers on the streets-how about starting Missing Persons departments in stead of making them a function of Homicide or Cold Case Squads? People like you and I could man them and search records available on the internet to turn up likely matches.

If there had been a report on file, it is likely Tawni would have been ID'd 9 years ago. We need to encourage that to be our future expectation of LE. JMO.

Holy crap a lot happened while I was away. Thank God she has finally been given a name.

*off to read everything to find out how*

FWIW-(for what it is worth) I try and keep this in perspective. Missing persons cases are the most frustrating, expensive, resource draining investigations that LE has to pursue. Budgets are being cut left and right, and if you are a Phoenix PD desk sergeant who is being overrun with child prostitution, gang activity, drug dealing, murder and mayhem you are seriously tempted to give short shrift to the families who are trying to report these cases....especially if they are a troubled teen.

Do I think that it was reasonable to refuse to take the report? Absolutely not, but with Campaign For The Missing (for example) the intake forms are standardized, the databases are standardized and the cost of processing and collections is free to the state government-this frees up the resources needed to get more well trained officers on the streets-how about starting Missing Persons departments in stead of making them a function of Homicide or Cold Case Squads? People like you and I could man them and search records available on the internet to turn up likely matches.

If there had been a report on file, it is likely Tawni would have been ID'd 9 years ago. We need to encourage that to be our future expectation of LE. JMO.

You're right believe. I suppose if LE spent too much time on these cases, people would be screaming about it, asking why they're not out on the streets pursuing violent criminals. BUT, the Internet is a very powerful resource - as evidenced by Tawni's very own case. And we are here, ready, willing and able to help! If the tools were all in place, we could easily take what we do here to a higher level. It must begin with LE - everywhere - realizing that every life has value.

I have no idea if it's because I've already looked at her photo numerous times, but man she just seems eerily familiar.

It absolutely breaks my heart that her brother had to learn what happened to her by seeing her picture on the ME's site. I promise you we tried everything in our power to find you and send your sister home to you. I wish the news you received was better than this.

It's been an honor to work alongside of you all on this case, and I'm very happy that our girl finally has her name back. Rest in peace, Tawni. We've all come to love you.

It absolutely breaks my heart that her brother had to learn what happened to her by seeing her picture on the ME's site. I promise you we tried everything in our power to find you and send your sister home to you. I wish the news you received was better than this.

It's been an honor to work alongside of you all on this case, and I'm very happy that our girl finally has her name back. Rest in peace, Tawni. We've all come to love you.

Oh Angie....I remember working with you side by side....you emailed me so we could email ME. Have you seen the list of who they had compared her to??? I think all submitted from y'all. Unbelievable.

Thank you Ang. I called on you a few times to help organize, you were right there with us.

Tawni Lee....can ya believe it.....she is so beautiful, so loved, as we had hoped and prayed for, for so long. Thanks angie!

If I could take every single one of you out for a drink tonight, I would.

If I could take every single one of you out for a drink tonight, I would.

You too, Angie!!! You have done some awesome work on this case and I thank you sincerely. It's a bittersweet ending for us here, but our little MJD has her name back and that's what we were working for! Cheers!

Can I just say? I am fairly new to these forums and have started to work my around to some of these other threads. I am in awe of what you all do here!!!

My prayers tonight will be for Tawni's family as they process this tragic news. Thank you to all the WS community for your hard work on this, and many other cases!

I have learned that there is nothing "appropriate" to say in such instances. Lots of things that are polite to say, but nothing truly appropriate.

When my best friend passed 3 years ago someone looked at me in midst of the misery and said "she's getting the tour right now" (meaning she's getting the tour of heaven). Nothing brought me more joy than that thought. So I will leave you with that as we think of this beautiful girl tonight. Nice job WS'ers...nice job.

Tawni, beautiful princess, may you rest in peace. Prayers and the warmest of thoughts for her family and for all who loved her so very much.

I have no idea if it's because I've already looked at her photo numerous times, but man she just seems eerily familiar.

OMG funny that you say that I have thought the same thing ever since I first saw her picture. I have went over this in my mind a million times Thinking where have I seen this girl before?? I think it was probably in my dreams since I was so obsessed with finding out who she was for so long.

Rest in Peace Tawni.

I feel a mix of emotions. I'm sad for the family. I'm happy she has her name. I'm also a bit lost. I've spent at least a few minutes to a few hours everyday trying to help identify her. She brought me to websleuths. Now I want to know more about her. I love the picture of her and her cousin. I knew someone out there loved her.

Angie4b1g,

You did the reconstruction photos of Tawni that looked so incredibly like her? Amazing, absolutely amazing!

God bless you all for the work done to bring Tawni home.

To Tawni's family - I have shared this site with my mother prior to actually joining WS and have kept her updated. We are both overwhelmed, and grateful, that Tawni has her name back and her family will now have some resolution. I have a younger sister and a younger brother and I don't honestly know what I would do if anything happened to either one of them....but not knowing what happened would be the hardest. I joined WS because of Tawni. I'm relieved for you as a family that you no longer have to wait and wonder. You, as well as Tawni, will remain in my heart for a long time to come.

My mom wants to say something real quick if you'll bear with us:
To Tawni's family: You all have my deepest sympathies and will be in my thoughts and prayers. As I think about what you have gone through the thing that keeps coming into my mind over and over that I feel I need to share with you is this: Though none of us may ever know what happened those final hours or days, you can all rest in peace now that your beautiful daughter, sister, niece, cousin, and friend is coming home!!! She can finally come home and be where she belongs. Celebrate her life for her on September 3rd, celebrate as you've never celebrated before. Let that celebration comfort you through the rough days ahead...and bless you all!

To Everyone here on WS:
Vashley, Faerie1, Phenol, FMW, Christine...and anyone else I may have missed. Thanks for helping me through and helping me understand more about WS. I am so glad that you have the resources you have, and the knowledge, to do the things you do. As well as the fortitude!! I still have much to learn but hope in the future I can be more of a help. Though finding Tawni's name and knowing her family will now have some resolution brought me to tears and happiness combined, I know that I will not be able to rest as long as there are others out there that need help finding their way home, or families who are hurting because they don't know what has happened to their loved ones. I hope you'll all be patient and continue to work with me. Thanks you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa