Introduce Yourself

I had a short but very nice visit this evening with Ed (Anna and Annasbro's brother). He is an administrator at an inner city high school and one heck of a nice guy.

I took the opportunity to ask him about any memories about Anna's disappearance and in particular any memories about the "couple in the car" incident. He admitted that his memories from that time are all fuzzy and he is not sure what he actually remembers and what he merely heard from others and thinks he remembers. He has no specific memories of the incident with the couple.

I did give him the links to come to this site. Anna's disappearence was hard on him (like the rest of the family, though each probably have dealt with it in different ways). I hope that as he looks at this site, some things may come back to him, but even if they don't, I hope that the site will give him some reassurance that people still do remember and care about his sister.

And, Ed, when you see this: Let me be the first to welcome you to the site! It's great to have you as a friend. :Banane19:

Hey Eddie, if you're reading this, I just want to say that we all get fuzzy memories as we get older. I do remember though your science project with plants, and how you lined them up and studied how they each reacted to different types of attention and different types of music! I think maybe the variables were one plant was ignored, one was talked to, one was touched, one you sang to, one you played something like Jimi Hendrix to, one got to hear some classical music....I can't remember the results though, can you?? I am also remembering Saturn the dog and Patchouli the cat and the big fat sheep.

And Anna, of course...

Ed, if you see this....
When I read about your dream in SFA about your daughter missing....
I sobbed with you. I try to understand, but can't. When I first started reading about Anna I was still hopeful about mystery woman C. When C turned out to not be Anna, I couldn't help but think about my son, almost 5 and Annas 5 yr stats. When the date came they were the same age, I could not have imagined missing him. I don't know that I would or could have pulled myself out of just crawling into a hole like your mother, Joe Ford, your family and friends have.

If it is some conselation (sp?) I have not only shared Anna's story, I have shared her drawings and her pictures with my 5 yr old. He tells me her drawings were so perfect. Your mom and I have private messaged a few times, and she was so kind to share a little about her personal life. While I am about 1.5 yrs older than Anna, one of my closest "girl friends" from my teens through early college years was two days older than Anna. Oh boy did we have fun back in the day... coming home at 4am after driving up to Wisconsin when the drinking age was 18 then 19 there and 21 here.... All the crazy things we did.... including droping her off a few houses down with the car lights off and knowing we would hear it from her mom for the next 3 days. I can't help but think of Anna having a blast with us, and probably getting in trouble with your mom. (Sorry Mikie, I promise the one thing we always did was have a designated driver AND make sure we dropped our friends off at home.) None of us were ever arrested.....even when we drove from the Chi town area to the border of Wisconsin and IL in a Camero with 6 girls and 6" of snow.

I've heard some of your moms music and it is fantastic! I am so honored to have been able to share a part of that....

One day, I am hoping to get out your way. Maybe see the Cubbies play the Giants.... though, I would gladly skip the ball game to visit your mom, AND, if I could have one wish from God, just one, I would gladly trade another (and all future) century(ies) of the Cubbies winning the WS to find Anna. Done easily.....

I would also only trust Joe Ford to give my son his first motorcycle ride... Eh Joe! ;) Ok, so while it is none of my business, I will honestly admit I cried when I first read that Mikie and Joe split....

Anna has found her way into many hearts and she is still making an impression, not only on those of us searching for her, but for me, my 5 yr old and what he can learn from her. :blowkiss:

just the other day another memorie came to me about my childhood your mind works in different ways. i hope that this year will bring us closer if not to finding anna

Hi, my name is Julie and I live in Jacksonville, Fl. I'm 34, single, and work as an optician, mainly in the lab making the glasses. I'm the proud aunt of 3 nieces and 3 nephews, have a cat named Jake, and stay pretty busy (when not on WS) with church activities and friends.

About the only research experience I had before WS was through genealogy. I stumbled onto this website after surfing the web and finding the Sodder case, and I got really involved in it. I deliberately avoided all other "big" cases on WS that had long threads, because I did want to invest more time, spread myself too thin, and get all the details mixed up on the various cases. I only got into a couple of Jacksonville cases since they were local and the Dalton case because I like baseball, so the title caught my eye. I thought they were all safe because they were all on the first page of posts.

A few weeks ago, I got a PM from someone on the Dalton case telling me about a message she got about the "Who is George Brody?" thread, and the comparisons to Dalton. As soon as I started reading about Anna and her family I was hooked. It is just so sad, but so inspiring to see how her family, Dr. Doogie, and all of you have worked so hard to uncover what you have. I am amazed at your research and ideas.

As I read the old threads, I'm learning so much about random topics too- early 20th century boxing, hair dryers, Eastern European history, numerology, enemas- and you never know when it may come in handy in the future! Saturday night I was playing Trivial Pursuit and there was a question about the location of Minsk, and I was able to say, "I just studied a map of that area last night."

My heart just goes out to Annasmom, Joe Ford, Annasbro, her other brother, Annasunc, Dr. Doogie, and everyone else involved. I hope you get answers soon, and I want to help you in any way I can. I'm praying for all of you and Anna.

Congratulations to Sidekick!!! Her daughter gave birth to twins on Saturday at 10:10pm. She reports everyone is doing well!

Despite researching Anna's case and posting here, I have not yet introduced myself. Part of the reason is I really am a shrink which means privacy and confidentiality in my field. I actually began viewing this site after a client of mine thought a family member may have been involved in a murder about thirty years ago. There were no avenues to expose nor explore this information without breaching my professional ethics. Through a few private contacts here, however, I was able to allude to the possible suspect without naming the person directly. It seems that the person now may be on police radar as he left town in the middle of the night with his family, leaving all their possessions behind. In any event, my spouse has been a judge and my grown children make us proud. I am also in direct contact with local police about a missing person from our area attempting to locate the body. My practice of over thirty years has included politicians, mafia molls, clergy and professionals among others. While I may seem a bit direct in my postings on-line, I genuinely feel great compassion for the victims and their loved ones. Just as an aside, I have supervised and taught professionals in my field as well as young people entering the fields of psychology, psychoanalysis and social work over the years. Sleuthing is my hobby and passionate interest.

Despite researching Anna's case and posting here, I have not yet introduced myself. Part of the reason is I really am a shrink which means privacy and confidentiality in my field. I actually began viewing this site after a client of mine thought a family member may have been involved in a murder about thirty years ago. There were no avenues to expose nor explore this information without breaching my professional ethics. Through a few private contacts here, however, I was able to allude to the possible suspect without naming the person directly. It seems that the person now may be on police radar as he left town in the middle of the night with his family, leaving all their possessions behind. In any event, my spouse has been a judge and my grown children make us proud. I am also in direct contact with local police about a missing person from our area attempting to locate the body. My practice of over thirty years has included politicians, mafia molls, clergy and professionals among others. While I may seem a bit direct in my postings on-line, I genuinely feel great compassion for the victims and their loved ones. Just as an aside, I have supervised and taught professionals in my field as well as young people entering the fields of psychology, psychoanalysis and social work over the years. Sleuthing is my hobby and passionate interest.

Thank you for introducing yourself, NJS. I am wondering if you have any thoughts about a diagnosis of folie a deux for the two Georges. I suggested this to a professional at one point, but he dismissed the possibility because of his assumption that GW had intimacy issues and could not possibly be that close to GB. Of course, this was completely erroneous, since they were living together at the time.

It is always a temptation to finger the "bad guy" in a drama such as the one we are investigating, but I can't help believing that GB did great harm all around.

Hi just wanted to introduce myself, I am mom of 2 girls, English but currently living in france, (any french translations needed, i'd be happy to help!) trying to use my spare time in a postive way, I would like to send hugs to Annasmom and best wishes to all:)

Thank you for introducing yourself, NJS. I am wondering if you have any thoughts about a diagnosis of folie a deux for the two Georges. I suggested this to a professional at one point, but he dismissed the possibility because of his assumption that GW had intimacy issues and could not possibly be that close to GB. Of course, this was completely erroneous, since they were living together at the time.

It is always a temptation to finger the "bad guy" in a drama such as the one we are investigating, but I can't help believing that GB did great harm all around.
Folie imposée is where a dominant person (known as the 'primary', 'inducer' or 'principal') initially forms a delusional belief during a psychotic episode and imposes it on another person or persons (known as the 'secondary', 'acceptor' or 'associate') with the assumption that the secondary person might not have become deluded if left to their own devices. If the parties are admitted to hospital separately then the delusions in the person with the induced beliefs usually resolve without the need of medication.

Joe Ford's description is fairly accurate as I understand the concept of folie a deux. It is usually associated with one person holding a particularly strange notion or even a delusion. The person may or may not have a psychotic diagnosis. It can sometimes be viewed as a delusion. An example might be the persons who lived at Ruby Ridge who held the belief that the government was out to destroy them. While it turned out to be somewhat the case due to tactical and judgment errors, the original people was convinced that there was a conspiracy to do so. The wife also adopted this view espoused by her husband, hence we would say a folie a deux. Since I did not kniow the Georges personally, I can't really diagnose. It is not generally believed that folie a deux is a formal diagnosis today but merely a symptom of another disorder. It can accompany a psychotic disorder or a personality disorder.

I'm Danielle, I'm 24, married, and live in Bay Area California.

I just ordered a copy of "Searching For Anna" and am quite anxious to read it. I've read several of the threads here on Anna, but haven't really checked in with the case for a few months. I'll get around to catching up tomorrow!

I'm quite familiar with the Half Moon Bay area. In high school, my best friend and I used to drive up there quite frequently to spend afternoons hanging out at the pretty beach areas. It is a lovely place.

I'm Danielle, I'm 24, married, and live in Bay Area California.

I just ordered a copy of "Searching For Anna" and am quite anxious to read it. I've read several of the threads here on Anna, but haven't really checked in with the case for a few months. I'll get around to catching up tomorrow!

I'm quite familiar with the Half Moon Bay area. In high school, my best friend and I used to drive up there quite frequently to spend afternoons hanging out at the pretty beach areas. It is a lovely place.
Welcome Aboard, Danielle (Shecky). Don't hesitate to join in with any suggestions or ideas.

Joe

Hi, I have just recently registered with websleuths, but have been reading here for some time. I have followed this case for at least a year. I recently bought the Searching For Anna book and thought it was very nicely done. I wish you all the best in your search and pray that one day you will be reunited with Anna.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back