TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

LillyRush, I think dear Rachel went missing on 1/10/02, which means she's been missing for about 6 1/2 years:).

Prayers for Rachel and all in her family.

Oh, you are right, Lion. I sometimes get Rachel Cook's disappearance date mixed up with Molly Bish (June 2000) because I started reading about both of their disappearances at the same time. Also, both of those families are in my mind as people who have done so much for other families while having so little information to go on themselves. Apologies!

Bumping for Rachel's father and family.. She was on "Inside Edition" today with a psycic, believe it was a recent show. I was happy to see it as it was the first time I had seen her case on a nationally televised program.

Praying they get answers soon! God Bless you always, Mr. Cooke and family.

Oh, you are right, Lion. I sometimes get Rachel Cook's disappearance date mixed up with Molly Bish (June 2000) because I started reading about both of their disappearances at the same time. Also, both of those families are in my mind as people who have done so much for other families while having so little information to go on themselves. Apologies!

Molly's remains were found a few years ago. I do have an update on John Bish's condition. As of March of this year he was doing a lot better. He's even done some public functions. BTW there is a picture on Rachel's message board of John Bish and me taken at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in 2003. (just before they found Molly)

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/rcooke/vpost?id=54987&trail=15

BTW, the Sheriff's Office still receives leads every so often on Rachel's case, but there's nothing really promising I can report. However I do have some new pictures of missing persons' families I will add to the above link. We took several at this year's CUE Conference.

I live in Austin, and when I lived in SD I attended Mesa just like Rachel. I think about her family often, especially when I drive past Georgetown on the way to Dallas. It's got such a small town feel there and I believe that someone MUST have seen something. I just don't understand why anyone hasn't been found and prosecuted in this case. :(

I hope that soon, there will be justice for Rachel.

Long shot - but has this thread been talked about? Has Rachel's DNA been put in a database - or does anyone know if an unidentified person DNA database exists for matching?

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66753

B. F.

If you are refering to the North Texas DBA databases or the FBI CODIS system, yes Rachel is in both of those. She was among the first to be added to the North Texas DNA DB which directly feeds CODIS.

On January 10, 2009 Rachel will be added to the DOE Network. This is a long-term missing database.

I live in Dallas, and I never see anything about her case. It makes me so sad for her, and for her family. I hope the news media will do a series on the Missing soon. The DMNews usually does about once a year. I think they did a story on Melissa Highsmith not too long ago.. She was from Fort Worth and disappeared from a babysitter's many years ago, in the 70's I think. Beautiful child.

My prayers that Rachel will be found, and prayers for her family as well.
Hugs,
Maria

Thinking about Rachel today and still praying that her parents can bring her home.

Warm wishes for Rachel's family. She disappeared just a few miles from where we currently live, and I have a twenty year old daughter whom I love very much. I can only imagine what Rachel's family has been through. Robert Cooke has done so much good for others since Rachel went missing, and I admire him a great deal. Prayers for Rachel and all in her family.

Warm wishes for Rachel's family. She disappeared just a few miles from where we currently live, and I have a twenty year old daughter whom I love very much. I can only imagine what Rachel's family has been through. Robert Cooke has done so much good for others since Rachel went missing, and I admire him a great deal. Prayers for Rachel and all in her family.

Ummm.....I realize this is not the place, but ah...am I seeing things, LR, is that YOU?! :blowkiss:

Bumping for Rachel.
On my mind often and in my prayers always.

Molly's remains were found a few years ago. I do have an update on John Bish's condition. As of March of this year he was doing a lot better. He's even done some public functions. BTW there is a picture on Rachel's message board of John Bish and me taken at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in 2003. (just before they found Molly)

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/rcooke/vpost?id=54987&trail=15

BTW, the Sheriff's Office still receives leads every so often on Rachel's case, but there's nothing really promising I can report. However I do have some new pictures of missing persons' families I will add to the above link. We took several at this year's CUE Conference.

So glad to hear that John Bish is doing much better.

Blessings and prayers for both the Bish and Cooke families. :blowkiss:

interesting. it says he was a police officer in Georgetown for the last 9 years which would be during the time Rachel disappeared.

Making Central Texas safer for children
9/29/2008 7:33 PM
By: Karina Kling

Realizing your child is missing can be a parent's worst nightmare.

An estimated 800,000 children are reported missing every year in the United States
and in 2006 more than 60,000 were reported missing in Texas alone and Texas law
enforcement is taking a step forward to keep kids safe.

It's been almost seven years since Rachel Cooke of Georgetown went missing during
an afternoon run.

More including a video:
http://news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=220903

I always hope that when I see a new post on this thread it is some resolution. I think about your family often.

Wow! I wonder if they are looking at him for Rachel's disappearance as well.

I continue to pray that she will be brought home to her family and that the perp is brought to justice.

We are in the process of putting a new billboard up for Rachel. Here is an example proof. http://lois2.lamargraphics.com/viewableart/189892001B.JPG

Anyone who would like to make a tax deductable contribution please mail a check made out to:

PAVC or People Against Violent Crime

Mail to:
Rachel Cooke Search
P.O. Box 1672
Georgetown, TX 78627-1672

Deadline December 31, 2008

Rachel's new billboard is up in Austin. It's on the northbound side of I-35 just north of the Grand ave exit. (mile marker 238 I think)

The billboard design: http://lois2.lamargraphics.com/viewableart/189892001B.JPG

The January edition of AUSTIN MONTHLY has a long article on the missing including Rachel and Roxanne Paltauf. It's contains a lot of pictures and information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back