Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if this point has been posted but I think it's funny that supposedly Baez is supposed to be the inexperienced party here not ready for a trial of this proportions and it's Todd Black that has to put his foot in his mouth...

I suppose we have proof on this thread that the jury pool hasn't been tainted, because there are people on here that hear something completely different than we do and will buy anything illogical. Amazing how people with two ears can hear completely different things.
I guess i am too literal. I believe the words I hear a person speaking. Simple.

(snipped)...Because ... JPC works for Channel 9 ... and may very well have some inside information ... and has not talked so far, that we know of ... If there is something that JPC knows I am sure that Baez is very leery of having WFTV hang around too much and risk being caught off guard. JMO

Who is JPC and why does he/she have inside info?

Susan

just watched the link... he clearly is just making his own points and it is very evident he says 'loss of life of a little girl' and he goes on. There's no joking refence, nothing! It was plain as day!

"Lucy, someone got some splainin to do!"

Okay...I just watched the video...here is what was said....

Mike: Todd can you help explain that behavior, because obivously as we follow this, we scratch our heads and wonder how can you go out and party while your little girl is missing? Uh, help us out, can you help us out in that front?

Todd: I would like to be brief and just make three quick points. First to you Mike, because since you have taken over on prime news, you've brought a really interesting class to the show. And I myself was surprised by your earlier hour (Todd is referring to the show that had been on previously)when you made a derogatory remark toward Jose Baez not revealing anything about his case. He's a defense attorney. The last place he's going to reveal anything about a case is going to be at a press conference.

The second thing I'd like to say to the gentlemen (he is referring to a gentlemen that had been on the earlier show). It's very difficult, this is a very serious case involving not just the loss of the life of this little girl but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony (He is referring to the gentlemen's frame of mind). And for a gentlemen to sit on a show, on a national show, and make a remark like.. uh Caylee.. uh uh, what do you call it? Cocktail or whateever he said, uh koolaid, 'Casey Koolaid'. I mean making fun of somthing like this isn't what anybody should be doing especially if they're professional. And the third thing..Dr. Lisa is somebody I think everyone respects. I certainly do. But she said the key word a second ago when she talked about what Casey Anthony was buying. She said this shows probably something and that probably word is very important.

Again, what he said has been taken out of context. I was very surprised today to see a headline that read "Defense spokesperson: Caylee is indeed dead". Now come on? That is NOT what he said. That is NOT what he meant. He has explained what he said...and again, what he said is being taken out of context. And quite honestly, I would have to agree with Todd Black's statements about the poking fun at this situation. I don't find any humour in it at all. This is a very sad situation regardless of what has happened to Caylee. It is sad not only for Caylee but her family as well and that includes Casey. JMO

misconstrued. he was saying that no one is going to be searching for caylee anymore -because casey has been stamped as a murderer since July 16th. true or false, he was not saying he believes caylee is dead.

Are you serious? What part of THE LOSS OF LIFE OF THIS LITTLE GIRL is misconstrued? If he was saying no one is going to be looking for her he may have said AND NO ONE IS OUT THERE SEARCHING FOR HER ANYMORE.

I'm sorry, but did he authorize you to speak on his behalf? How do you know what he meant? We are interpreting the words as defined by the english language, not trying to read some other coded message behind them. Unless you are the speaker of the words, you cannot know what they may have meant. Try interpreting the words as they were spoken.

Wow - that was a little harsh. We are all interpreting what TB meant when he made the statement or mis statement, we are saying that he thinks Caylee is dead. this poster was just giving his/her interpretation of what she thinks he meant. Allow posters their opinion, disagree with them, yes, attack them - not so good.

What I want to hear are the statements from both Mikes from CNN! OMG! They are loving this without a doubt! Talk about the interview of the Century! They should get awards for this one.

I want to watch them today too - which show is theirs and what time? I don't see it listed. CNN or HNN?

I'm sorry, but did he authorize you to speak on his behalf? How do you know what he meant? We are interpreting the words as defined by the english language, not trying to read some other coded message behind them. Unless you are the speaker of the words, you cannot know what they may have meant. Try interpreting the words as they were spoken.
You are awsome!:blowkiss:

I stand corrected. I was trying to emphasize another point.

What was important was that he said the "loss of the life" of a little girl, and not "the loss" of a little girl, as many have been trying to say.

I am sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were trying to say Caylee was just lost.
Maybe I will have another cup of coffee. This is what happens when you mix work with blogs... I don't understand why I should have to work when I am blogging. :)

Fox news on TV just said that Baez said his 2:00 press conference was to clarify the statement by spokesperson. No link TV.

Mike: Todd can you help explain that behavior, because obivously as we follow this, we scratch our heads and wonder how can you go out and party while your little girl is missing? Uh, help us out, can you help us out in that front?

Todd: I would like to be brief and just make three quick points. First to you Mike, because since you have taken over on prime news, you've brought a really interesting class to the show. And I myself was surprised by your earlier hour (Todd is referring to the show that had been on previously)when you made a derogatory remark toward Jose Baez not revealing anything about his case. He's a defense attorney. The last place he's going to reveal anything about a case is going to be at a press conference.

The second thing I'd like to say to the gentlemen (he is referring to a gentlemen that had been on the earlier show). It's very difficult, this is a very serious case involving not just the loss of the life of this little girl but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony (He is referring to the gentlemen's frame of mind). And for a gentlemen to sit on a show, on a national show, and make a remark like.. uh Caylee.. uh uh, what do you call it? Cocktail or whateever he said, uh koolaid, 'Casey Koolaid'. I mean making fun of somthing like this isn't what anybody should be doing especially if they're professional. And the third thing..Dr. Lisa is somebody I think everyone respects. I certainly do. But she said the key word a second ago when she talked about what Casey Anthony was buying. She said this shows probably something and that probably word is very important.

Again, what he said has been taken out of context. I was very surprised today to see a headline that read "Defense spokesperson: Caylee is indeed dead". Now come on? That is NOT what he said. That is NOT what he meant. He has explained what he said...and again, what he said is being taken out of context. And quite honestly, I would have to agree with Todd Black's statements about the poking fun at this situation. I don't find any humour in it at all. This is a very sad situation regardless of what has happened to Caylee. It is sad not only for Caylee but her family as well and that includes Casey. JMO

I am going to agree to disagree with you on this one-the man is a professional spokes person...ostensibly. Even reading your context, Defense and Public speaking 101 would indicate that he could have phrased himself MANY other ways if he was talking about what he considered to be joking about a serious situation. He genuinely, with no artifice, made a statement regarding the loss of life of this little girl, as well as the losses to come.

JMO.

OK, I stand corrected yet again, and I apologize.

I took my quote and the link from the original post of this thread.
I falsely assumed-and yes, I know about assuming--that it was accurate since it hadn't been jumped on and dissected throughout the thread. Although I've heard the CNN clip many times, I didn't transcribe it myself, and relied on what someone else had posted.

Consider my lesson learned.

Me too! Here I thought I was trying to help and I just made a mess of it.

Sorry to all :blowkiss:

I think the key words are "loss of life".

While I am certain that Mr. Black and Mr. Baez will appreciate someone interpreting the statement for us, I believe that we are all intelligent enough to understand what he said, and allow ourselves to determine what we believe he meant.

We know what he said, but we have everybody and their monkey telling us what he meant. Let's focus on what was said, since only he can say what he meant.

Me too! Here I thought I was trying to help and I just made a mess of it.

Sorry to all :blowkiss:

I think the key words are "loss of life".

EXACTLY! Hopefully, we finally got that straight. :blowkiss:

Fox news on TV just said that Baez said his 2:00 press conference was to clarify the statement by spokesperson. No link TV.

You know, the best thing that JB could possibly do would be to say that TB made the statement and regrets doing so.

Of course, we'll likely hear that TB was misquoted, misinterpreted, the victim of the newly-discovered live TV edit capability and LE leaks. :bang:

While I am certain that Mr. Black and Mr. Baez will appreciate someone interpreting the statement for us, I believe that we are all intelligent enough to understand what he said, and allow ourselves to determine what we believe he meant.

Amen to that!

The "damage control" needs damage control. He messed up BIG time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack_m82
Back