Would not want this spider in my backyard!!

i knew i should NOT have opened this link...eeeeek!

My thoughts exactly kitbits.I once had a June bug land on my leg you could hear me scream for a good mile away.:eek:

Hehe, that doesn't freak me out in the slightest! I love spiders.

That said, as I mentioned in another thread, I am terrified of grasshoppers. So you can feel free to laugh at me about that one :crazy:

If you want to talk about pathetic, I'm afraid of ants.

My thoughts exactly kitbits.I once had a June bug land on my leg you could hear me scream for a good mile away.:eek:

yikes!!! i'd have done the same, Alta! there was a big-ish spider in the house last night, but compared to that one, it was it itsy-bitsy spider that went up the water spouts :p i did read an article & saw on the news about some aliens that are showing up in the UK & because we're having such mild weather, they are thriving (not yet up in Scotland...phew!):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7573530.stm

I hike in the woods and get facefulls of spider webs and spiders landing on me all of the time (yes, I scream like a little girl.) However, I have been called hopelessly optimistic and so I have to share my hopelessly optimistic view of the huge spiders....

At least you see them in time.

The brown recluse spiders that bit me on the bootie and caused such a horrible problem for me... they were tiny. I never, ever saw them. You can't avoid what you can't see.

So, at least you can see the big 'uns and have time to run away screaming before they actually cause you physical harm.

I'm in Australia and live right on the Tropic of Capricorn. Thank goodness I've never seen anything like that big boy in my yard. I wouldn't want any of the butcher birds who come and visit me caught and eaten.

If you want to talk about pathetic, I'm afraid of ants.

Cool, lets you and me go on a picnic sometime! You can freak out when the ants show up, and you can watch me scream and probably run face first into a tree when a grasshopper jumps near me.

Ok, I LIKE spiders and things that most people squick out about....but this would have me stepping back rapidly and observing at a safe distance.

I don't like spiders as I have been suffering from a spider bite for three weeks. Not sure what kind bit me but it is ongoing and it is on my face. It is also where I had a shingles attack a few years ago. But, nothing in the realm of things but really? Do we need spiders? Creepy littlebuttholes.

Cool, lets you and me go on a picnic sometime! You can freak out when the ants show up, and you can watch me scream and probably run face first into a tree when a grasshopper jumps near me.

Now THAT would be a picnic worth going to!

(I almost said "I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that picnic... but between the two of you, I'd be squashed!)

i think I would rather see a tarantula than that thing...tarantulas just look scary, that thing was scary lookin eating a bird.

I'm in Aus too and we have lots of Golden Orb Spiders in our yard - they aren't a problem though, they don't come inside and you only occasionally have to move them out of the way if they build over a path.
There was one street I live on that the entire above ground power lines were covered with golden orbs and their webs - it was a little freaky to walk along under them at night!

I don't like spiders as I have been suffering from a spider bite for three weeks. Not sure what kind bit me but it is ongoing and it is on my face. It is also where I had a shingles attack a few years ago. But, nothing in the realm of things but really? Do we need spiders? Creepy littlebuttholes.

You should ask the docs about it if it is lasting 3 weeks. Could be one of the more venemous ones. Unlikely to kill you, since you've already lasted 3 weeks, lol, but it could cause skin damage if untreated. That's the main damage a brown recluse does, is skin and tissue damage.

I also hate spiders, but accept their role in insect control, as long as it's far away from me, lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back