2008.11.06 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - and you have no idea if he did or didn't contact his client, which he apparently did which is what prompted Cindy to show the world Caylee's real dress the very next morning.

He cannot legally make a statement about the dress and discredit something that he is not involved in, period. That was the State's job to report that the dress was not Caylee's.

I'm not sure what part of "This isn't his case" that you're not understanding.

The dress in the woods could also be Caylee's REAL dress...It was after a real dress and it is possible that it had been re-purchased in a bigger size for her as she had OBVIOUSLY outgrown that one and looked so adorable in it that they wanted to allow her to continue to have one LIKE it in her wardrobe. It is FICTION that there is/was any proof of ANYTHING about the dress in the woods-YET.

It is a plant is a statement that cannot be conclusively made based on the evidence. Yes?

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Mark NeJame is one of the highest rated (AV) attorneys in the Orlando area and has tried literally thousands of cases. I think his smooth demeanor and self-assuredness could win a case without trying to shout someone down in a courtroom.

Well, if that's AV in the ORlando area, then I really don't want to practice law in that area. ;)
Seriously, he really lost his cool tonight, which doesn't reflect years and years of polished trial work and the "self-assuredness" of which you speak.

I've seen attorneys straight out of law school (read: not AV, BV nor CV rated - not rated at all) with no experience who control their emotions better than Nejame. :waitasec:

Trials aren't really directed attorney to attorney though. Attorneys speak to witnesses and the judge/jury - they do NOT directly address each other. (which makes sense, since they aren't each other's real audience. ;) )

True, I just think that he would be so intimidated by her in the same courtroom that he would wither.

Well before I waved it all over the tv like a raving nut I would have first spoke with my attorney and my daughters attorney to see if maybe this dress would have helped the daughter who has been accused of murdering her precious child. CA should have asked someone will the intelligence to guide her rather than stepping out on her own as she has done repeatedly to the detriment of her daughter and grand daughter. I am not an attorney so I don't know all the rules of evidence, my kids haven't been charged with murder so I'm not exactly sure how all of it works. I just thought MN should have commented on it since CA is his client and she was waving the dress on tv like an american flag.IMHO.

I personally believe the Anthonys have done more damage KC's case than anything KC has done. Instead of covering and cleaning up evidence, then changing stories too many times to count, if they had told the truth, KC might have had a chance early to plead this down. Instead they covered up things which GA KNEW not to do and then they told one lie after another. They contradicted their own statements.

I believe if she does get the DP, they can be the first to thank for their help in prosecuting her.

LOL - and you have no idea if he did or didn't contact his client, which he apparently did which is what prompted Cindy to show the world Caylee's real dress the very next morning.

He cannot legally make a statement about the dress and discredit something that he is not involved in, period. That was the State's job to report that the dress was not Caylee's.

I'll assume that Nejame is respected in his field so I say this with all due respect: he'd be nuts to suggest to his client to take a MM dress on national tv...to serve what purpose? His client hasn't been charged with murder.

As learned in a grammar school English class, the subject in that "comment" from Nejame would have been - the dress - not Cindy or what Cindy had in her possession.

Nejame is not allowed to discredit the dress, it's not his criminal case.

That's about as simply explained as possible.

Nejame is allowed to represent HIS client's best interests just as any other attorney is. His client was waving this dress, which proved nothing by the way, on national television, and as her attorney, he should have had something to say or been by her side as she waved it like a victory flag.

:crazy:
Now that is FUNNY! :rolling:

:crazy:When it was said he would cry & then the eye liner would run...I then got a vision..............him standing in the court room in his lift shoes, crying, the eye liner running down his face, squirming with his legs together as he stands & shouts " no fair, now I gotta pee." Judge tells him very well but to please fix his face before returning to the court room as the running make up is a distraction.

I thought he said $350,000 software for the maps.

It's truly sickening to think of how much money & time is being wasted searching for Caylee when her DISGUSTING mother could just tell LE exactly where to look.

Think of all the TRULY missing people who they are NOT searching for because this b1tch wants to play games.

I wouldnt call it a waste at all but I understand what you mean. Mommy dearest should have allowed her to adopt the baby out IMO .

CA hired that attny to speak for her, yes?
So NG was asking her attny to answer ?s about what his client did with the dress on TV etc. That is not commenting on a "case". It is doing what he was hired to do, speak for his client. Who cares about the dress.

Hey Cindy, ask kc what happened to Caylee!!

As learned in a grammar school English class, the subject in that "comment" from Nejame would have been - the dress - not Cindy or what Cindy had in her possession.

Well, he "allowed" his big mouthed client to present another one (obviously just purchased) on TV and make a complete fool out of herself.............

So what am I to think of his ability?

LOL, we are not in grammer school, I do believe most of us understand "simple explainations" when they make sense. :)

I'll assume that Nejame is respected in his field so I say this with all due respect: he'd be nuts to suggest to his client to take a MM dress on national tv...to serve what purpose? His client hasn't been charged with murder.

Like his client would listen & take his advice anyways . I just gotta ask him on the advice thing,,,,,,,,,,,,how's that working for ya?

:clap:
snipped: "nejame is allowed [he has a duty to do this folks] to represent his client's best interests just as any other attorney is. His client was waving this dress, which proved nothing by the way, on national television, and as her attorney, he should have had something to say or been by her side as she waved it like a victory flag.

Bolded is mine.

Well, if that's AV in the ORlando area, then I really don't want to practice law in that area. ;)
Seriously, he really lost his cool tonight, which doesn't reflect years and years of polished trial work and the "self-assuredness" of which you speak.

I've seen attorneys straight out of law school (read: not AV, BV nor CV rated - not rated at all) with no experience who control their emotions better than Nejame. :waitasec:

:clap:
I think this is the bottom line. It may have been exciting to watch, but he was out of line in the context of his professional role as an attorney. I bet he regrets it and I bet it won't happen again.

Trials aren't really directed attorney to attorney though. Attorneys speak to witnesses and the judge/jury - they do NOT directly address each other. (which makes sense, since they aren't each other's real audience. ;) )

Golly, gosh and gee whiz, it sure would be fun to watch if two strong legals minds could address each other directly, though. Wouldn't it?

Ok, I read this 3x. It's late, have an early flight-

WHAT?

You say CA WAS contacted by NJ, and advised her.
As CA and GA representative- who said anything about discrediting the "found" dress. It's as simple as "this is Caylee's similar dress" not - It is impossible to be hers.. You are talking about the same woman that stated lying is not a crime and air samples dont mean anything. There is no way to prove that dress she showed even belonged to Caylee.

I wish it had, perhaps we could ask her to provide to TES this weekend for canine scent use as she has declined in the past.

:crazy:

:crazy:When it was said he would cry & then the eye liner would run...I then got a vision..............him standing in the court room in his lift shoes, crying, the eye liner running down his face, squirming with his legs together as he stands & shouts " no fair, now I gotta pee." Judge tells him very well but to please fix his face before returning to the court room as the running make up is a distraction.

as he runs to the restroom with his cape flying behind him. Oh, you are cracking me up!

Nancy gets him going so much, he starts stuttering , she knows which buttons to push and then he starts stuttering. LMAO

Mel Tillis the country singer stuttered except for when he sang..Maybe if NeJame sang his objections to the tune of The Monster Mash he would get his little words out. :boohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627