MN MN - Brandon Swanson, 19, Marshall, 14 May 2008

bumping for Brandon. According to his website:

NEXT SCHEDULED ORGANIZED SEARCH DATE IS SEPT. 6th & 7th, 2008

Now that the river has gone down considerably as mention earlier we are eager to access some of the areas of the river that we could not reach before!

WE NEED SEARCH VOLUNTEERS! If you can search for even part of the day please join us.

We plan to work the dry river beds with search dogs. Now that the river bed is dry there is a better chance for them to pick up scent. We are also hoping to get an aqua view which would enable us to take a look into areas that we still can't get to.

If you are able to search, have access to equipment that could help or have questions. Please email search coordinator Gary Peterson at gary657@centurytel.net

I have tried contacting the family via email listed on their blog twice now, offering to repost info on the need for search volunteers. I have never received a reply, and am curious if my email is automatically sent to the spam bin...I'm suspicious that a lot of my mail is auto direct to spam and am not sure how to correct the situation.
Perhaps someone in here knows how to relay the message?

any news on Brandon yet? its' been quiet for a month

I too was wondering if any one had any news on the search? I know that they had one at the beginning of Sept.
I actually am from GA, and I have been following the story as I work closely with a search and rescue group here in ATL

I read this today....

Lincoln County Search
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office will be conducting an official search on Novemeber 1st & 2nd. Information on the status for the need of volunteers is unknown at this point however that information will be posted at a later date.

We ask that area hunters be aware of searchers thru the coming weeks as well as keep alert to any potential clues they may find. ANY information should be reported to Lincoln County Sheriff Jack Vizecky at 507-694-1664 or by calling 911.

If you would like to volunteer to help the search effort contact Brian at
507-532-9115 or on his cell at 507-531-0130.

Search continues........
The search this past weekend Oct. 4th & 5th consisted of work in a specific area that we attempted to drain a sectioned off area of the river where the cut out had collapsed and the dogs showed interest. However nothing was uncovered.

The following message is from Brandon's family.....
We would like to give a heartfelt thank you to each and every person who has, in someway, helped us in our search for Brandon since he went missing in the early morning hours of May 14th. Whether it was searching for Brandon, a contribution to the search fund, prayers, keeping us in your thoughts, feeding us or our searchers, or just stopping to ask how we are doing - each and every kind act and word has meant the world to us, uplifted us and helped us through each hour, day, week, month.

We are often asked if the search for Brandon continues. The answer is "absolutely." Searches take place almost every weekend - whether it's a small handful or our most dedicated searchers or a larger group effort including Lincoln County sheriff department and cadaver dogs - we are out there because we believe Brandon is... and our goal is and has been from the beginning "to bring Brandon home."

So although "thank you" seems so inadequate, we say it and mean it with every ounce of our being. Please keep Brandon in your prayers, along with all of his family and friends. We continue to pray for answers and hope that one day they will be provided to us.

Brian, Anette & Jamine Swanson
Marshall MN

http://news.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=2&a=368664

Search to resume for man still missing in S.W. Minnesota

MARSHALL, Minn. -- Law enforcement will re-join the search this weekend for a man missing in southwest Minnesota since May.

It will be first search led by law enforcement officers for 19-year-old Brandon Swanson of Marshall in about two months.

Swanson has been missing since May 19 when a cell phone call with his father ended abruptly somewhere near Taunton, the Yellow Medicine River and Lincoln and Lyon counties.

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

Volunteers Show Up For Swanson Search

Dozens of volunteers, search dogs, and family members of Brandon Swanson are spending the weekend searching for the missing Marshall teen.

They set out on foot early this morning around the town of Taunton, which is where they believe the 19-year-old was, when he vanished.

More than 60 volunteers from as far away as Stillwater and Sioux Falls came to help with the efforts, along with 4 dog units.

...................snip......................

And those others include more than 60 volunteers today. A number three times what the search crews were expecting. They are hoping now that crops are out, the river level is lower, and grasses are starting to die off, that any shred of evidence will be visible, but the job is tougher than it might appear.

Mack says, "It's been kind of a struggle getting through these weeds and reeds whippin you in the face but I think it's going pretty fair."

"The thing that keeps a guy going is that you'll find some evidence...hope for the best and keep pluggin' away, one foot at a time," says Bot.

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/motor-home-butterfield-2211162-amormino-body

Fields Focus Of Search

..................snip.......................

In the past 6 months the area searched has changed with the seasons. This past summer tall corn made searching difficult. Now that farmers have started harvesting their fields, a new search can begin.

Gary Peterson, search manager says, "They want to find Brandon. They want to bring closure to the family."

It's the reason why volunteers return every weekend near the area where they found Brandon's car. He went missing after a phone call to his parents that cut out. Searchers were not able to locate him.

Lisa Cain says she's been on almost every search. She never knew the Swanson's until she heard Brandon had gone missing, but ever since then she's been devoted to finding him.

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/33704189.html

Search for missing man in SW Minnesota unfruitful

TAUNTON, Minn. - A weekend search for a missing 19-year-old man in southwestern Minnesota turned up no clues.

Brandon Swanson has been missing since May 14. On Sunday evening, Lincoln County Sheriff Jack Vizecky told Swanson's parents that searchers hadn't found anything.

Vizecky says there probably won't be any more law enforcement organized searches until spring.

<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.startribune.com/local/33743349.html

Wow! I checked today and there's nothing about Brandon. :(

I hope his family is able to carry on their search. I know it seems futile, but he's got to be out there somewhere.

fran

I just ran across this one. Heartbreaking, the not knowing.

Prayers for all involved and HUGE HUGS for all of you who are able to get out there and search!!!!

I read all 4 pages of this thread and some of the links, but, I didn't see the car/condition of car, or pics of car anywhere. Did I miss that somewhere? What is believed to be the circumstances of the car ending up in the ditch? Was it damanged at all, could he have bumped his head? Did someone run him off the road? I'd like to see pics of the scene w/the car.

Christine,

Brandon was actually on a gravel road and then went off the gravel road onto a minimum maintenance/field road. He got stuck when he was trying to get back off the minimum maintenance road onto the next gravel road. I believe it was on or near a field approach.

I was able to help search last Saturday with my sister Lisa. It's frustrating to not find anything after all this time but the search will continue and we'll never give up on Brandon.

Has there been anything new to this case? I had heard there were going to be some searches in Dec. Did anything come of the searches?

Search Dogs - Dec. 13th & 14th 2008

Family met with Jeff Hasse and Ken Anderson who are with an organization called Search and Rescue Recovery Resources of Minnesota (SRRR/MN) www.srrrmn.org. on Friday night to review past searches, discuss how SRRR/MN approaches a search and the technology and resources they can bring to a search, develop a profile of Brandon and discuss their objectives for the weekend search.
The team will be reviewing all of the information this winter to help determine the direction in which we will take this spring.

On Saturday the team consisted of 6 canines and 15 trained search and recovery personnel. Their search concentrated on areas that are located to the west northwest of Porter.

The family continues to work very closely with Lincoln County Sheriff Jack Vizecky and will continue to do so as past searches and clues are analyzed during the winter months. There is much work to be done and the family looks forward to working with the many qualified individuals who volunteer their time to conduct search, rescue and recovery of missing persons. We will need help pay the volunteer expenses.

Why Porter? Is that close to where his car was found?

Porter is back twards the party he had come from... and it is all to do with the info that has been gathered and evaluated ///////////////RQ and sar dog Shania

Hmm, that's interesting.

Does anyone know what Brandon's parents do for a living? Does anyone know the nature of the party that he attended (i.e. get together with friends, rave, frat party, etc.)

Sorry for the random question..I am starting to rethink my previous post.

Swanson search to resume with new plan

The evidence of Brandon Swanson is there, they just need to search more to find it, a member of a search, rescue and recovery team said Thursday.
Jeff Hasse of Search Rescue and Recovery Resources of Minnesota said a group of 20 members of SRRMN and dogs will be in the area Saturday to search for Swanson, 19, who has been missing since May.
No volunteers will be used in this search, Hasse said.
Swanson has been missing since an abrupt end to a cell phone conversation with his parents, Brian and Annette Swanson. Swanson's car was found in a ditch on the Lincoln and Lyon County border road near Taunton and searches have been conducted in that area since May. Law enforcement officials have said since May there was no reason to believe foul play was involved and Swanson had called his parents for a ride after he told them his car had gone in the ditch.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/page/content.detail/id/508527.html?nav=5015

It seems doubtful that he would drown in the Yellow Medicine River. I think I read somewhere that the current is not that swift, and the river itself is not that deep (Wikipedia I think). Besides, wouldn't his body have turned up by now if that were the case?

Perhaps I am getting my distances wrong, but it seems like they are now searching in an area back towards where the party was rather than the area where the car was found. This seems a bit strange to me (and more foul playish), unless the distance is not that far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back