How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
What is so hard to understand here ? The family doesn't believe she is dead...Caylee's family is NOT writing her off YET...who's business is it for anyone else to do so????

The protesters were wrong to harrass this family and so is LP and anyone else that attends this ridiculous "event" it is not appropriate at this time

Why now? Was LP made a fool of again when his "divers" couldn't find her body?.... You bet he was......
No, LP did not look bad...nor did any of those other searchers who risked their lives to find this child. Do you have any idea what they were dealing with?
Society has rules by which we must abide...that's why Casey is in jail on Murder 1 charges. Society has spoken...you do not kill a child and get away with it. Body or no body.

What is so hard to understand here ? The family doesn't believe she is dead...Caylee's family is NOT writing her off YET...who's business is it for anyone else to do so????

The protesters were wrong to harrass this family and so is LP and anyone else that attends this ridiculous "event" it is not appropriate at this time

Why now? Was LP made a fool of again when his "divers" couldn't find her body?.... You bet he was......

I agree! If this were my child, my grandchild, I know that I would not write that child off at this point..No way..I would hold onto that hope.. That's the type of person I am.. I dont think anyone has the right to judge this family for not giving up their hope.. I also think that a lot of people, if in this same situation, would not write off hope.

As for LP, how many times has he said something, and it not be true, or not happen.. He talks, it goes right over my head.. I know a lot of people love the guy, but I'm not one of them..

I'm thinking we've all been the victims of a hoax, and it's looking more and more that way all the time.

I was with Murt today but I was never clear about this cross, the one the female bounty hunter saw, and the one the kid (who became emotionally devasted) had and how they were all related?

I am just amazed the number of people who don't understand what a memorial even means.

Me too!
My Mother died and in the complex she lived, she had wonderful friends that arranged a memorial service for her and telephoned me and told me the date and time and stated they would be honoured if I would attend. They were not asking my permission, they were just inviting me, they were going to have it whether I approved or not. I did approve, I did attend, it was beautiful, heartfelt, loving and from her friends. Anyone can memorialize someone.

Nobody knows?!?! I DO KNOW!!! My grandchild would NOT be laying in some remote grave or in some canal in hopes that her little bones could be found someday after my child dumped her!!! I KNOW this is not happening to my grandchildren because I am active in their lives on a daily basis!!! We are a FAMILY. We act like a family. We live like a family. If there are problems...we work on them to find solutions before those kind of problems ever arise...together!!

I further KNOW that if something in fact DID happen like that...I would not hesitate to make my child tell the truth and bring my grandchild home to be buried properly. AFTER I made sure my child was behind bars and paying for what she/he had done. It is also my responsibility to keep my grandchildren safe from my own children. I signed on for the job when I had my own.

Maybe you could council CA at some point........ BUT this isn't YOUR granddaughter !!! Don't presume to know what is going on with a family that is NOT your own.
This is THEIR grandchild, people seem to think they themselves have some God given right to dictate what happens to her and they DO NOT!
Does only a few here have actual empathy for this family?
Judge not, less you be judged.

Goodnight, hope you all sleep well !

I was with Murt today but I was never clear about this cross, the one the female bounty hunter saw, and the one the kid (who became emotionally devasted) had and how they were all related?

The little girl had a bracelet that Casey made for her. I don't recall hearing that she had a cross. The female bounty hunter did not see the cross, she saw a picture of the cross and supposedly recognized the materials used to make it as similar to some that Casey had at the house.

I think it is the perfect time and place to hold a Memorial for Caylee. With the searches being called off and the real possibility that she will never be recovered, it is fitting that people who have poured their hearts and souls into finding her have a moment to say goodbye to her wherever she may be. They are invested and need to have an emotional release before they relinquish to the reality of her remains not being found especially after this weekend. It is the right thing to do for the right reasons. Caylee deserves to be remembered, loved, and mourned. She deserves rites to be observed to mark her death. It is the last thing people can do for Caylee now. The rest is up to the legal system.

The Anthony family will never acknowledge sweet Caylee in this way. People have to understand that Caylee deserves to be remembered. She may not ever have a proper burial. There won't be thousands of flowers or a pretty casket where she has been cast aside. There won't be music in her honor with her family standing by her side at her grave to weep for her. Caylee will be forever alone while her family forsakes her in an effort to save the very person who left her behind.

I would attend if I were in Florida. It would be an honor to be part of a group who thought enough of this child to give her some respect. She deserves so much more, but she will never be acknowledged if they don't do this.

:clap::clap::clap::blowkiss: Well said. I hope it is beautiful. I hope the Anthony's stay away as not to disrupt anything like they did today.

It is not about LP...it is about Caylee. Both of the GP's have talked about there being a dead body in the trunk. Whose body do you think that was back there?

If they want to get away from the attention, then don't go where the searchers are. If I thought my "missing grandchild" was in Gainesville, I would be covering every inch of that city looking for her.

OUR character because we live in world where we believe that people can do things because their heart is in it instead of for just money or fame. It is quickly becoming obvious to everyone who is in this for the money and the fame...not to mention saving their daughter at off the back of their grandchild, imo. There are some things much more despicable than doing things for money!! I would say that not wanting your grandchild's body recovered so your daughter can possibly escape murdering her would be right up there!! :furious:
Good to know. Then I guess my character is just fine, thanks.

I'm thinking we've all been the victims of a hoax, and it's looking more and more that way all the time.

This is all just one big giant Circus & LP is the ringleader

2 days before they began the search he was adament & convnced & led us all to believe that Caylee would be found near the Airport.

He said ...."I'm telling you that's where the body is"

How did we end up under that tree at Blanchard Park ?

I'm not buying the story about the Female bodyguard seeing the cross photo for the first time yesterday....

Something is "Rotten in Denmark"

Just curious Geek and Vickie - what would it take or how would it come about that you would finally believe your grandchild wasn't ever coming home and that your child was responsible for the death?

This is an honest question - no bashing intended. You want us to understand the Anthonys, the answer to this will help us. And if you say find a body, just remember that is what we were doing all weekend and today - partially to help the Anthonys get the desperately needed closure...

From what I recall Tim said he would come back to this spot. The reason being that it was flooded and they could not clear the whole area. I really want to know why "Tim" has changed his tune? He didn't go back to that spot yet, he was leaving that is why Padilla took over because after Tim said he was staying until Tuesday, he changed his mind again. Look at how many times Tim changes his mind. I think Cindy manipulates Tim and I see no reason for anyone to be upset about LP searching, that is more constructive than sitting back waiting on Caylee to walk through the door or chatting on line. I am all for anyone who will search for Caylee. As for the memorial, it was not supposed to be public. With this case things get leaked all the time, Cindy went out there today and raised hell and now everyone knows why. Again, she wants to stop the search of an area that has not been cleared. Why is it that there is so much ground that needs to be searched and people are mad that LP is taking over the search when Tim clearly stated yesterday he did not feel Caylee would ever be found alive. I just don't understand. This is about Caylee a little girl that went missing June 16 and nobody reported her missing until July 15.

In an interview today, Tim said he personally used the sonar over the weekend & cleared the area. He did not feel there was anything to be found.

I think he left just for the reason's he gave. He has left a team in place in Orlando.

2 days before they began the search he was adament & convnced & led us all to believe that Caylee would be found near the Airport.

I'm not buying the story about the Female bodyguard seeing the cross photo for the first time yesterday....

Totally rotten, IMO. I'm beginning to see why Tim felt the need to pull out of the search.

I had a memorial for my mom about 5 months after she passed last year and it was a celebration of her life. She didn't want a funeral with people grieving, she wanted a celebration. When I looked it up online, I found information on having a celebration of life memorial. It ended up being a beautiful affair. Our family and her friends that I never got to meet that lived far away had their own memorial for her.

Maybe you could council CA at some point........ BUT this isn't YOUR granddaughter !!! Don't presume to know what is going on with a family that is NOT your own.
This is THEIR grandchild, people seem to think they themselves have some God given right to dictate what happens to her and they DO NOT!
Does only a few here have actual empathy for this family?
Judge not, less you be judged.

Goodnight, hope you all sleep well !
You're right. As soon as they tell where Caylee is I'll be glad to apologize for anything negative I've thought or said. Cause it really is only about her.

If anyone ever wants to hold a memorial service for me, I'd really appreciate if they'd wait until I was officially declared deceased, please.

If you are planning a memorial service for me and if I have disappeared and there is evidence of human decomposition in the main suspect's vehicle and you have a hair that could be mine with a death band on it (or that hair could also belong to certain people who are not missing but either incarcerated or disrupting your search for me) then:

By all means please proceed with the service.:blowkiss:

I won't care if you call it a memorial or a vigil or a day at the beach. Observant prayer by any other name is just that...It's observant prayer. If there is some God up there who is rejecting messages from services because the label on the name of the services is incorrect, that's big news in my opinion. :prayer:

The picture was taken in August. Beads were found at the base of the tree this weekend but the cross is no longer there. OMG people.

Yes, and in August, according to LP, the area was totally underwater. Where is the water? The photo was taken during a search. Where are the searchers? It's all very suspicious to me.

Ya see that's why I don't "listen" to LP, but can appreciate him searching anywhere, anytime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back