UK - Peter Connelly, 17 mos, brutally murdered, London, 3 Aug 2007

Omg, not sure I can stomach it tonight, but I care about him as well.

There was a young girl that was tortured like this, by the woman caring for her and neighborhood kids- they made a movie ou t of it, can't think of her name. It was absolutely heartbreaking. After I watched it I stayed up all night researching the case, does anyone remember this?

Yes, the movie was called "The girl next door". I have not seen it, too disturbing.

Wikipedia had a good rundown on the case and it is sickening that everyone involved got light sentences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens

Thanks, Sylvia Likens, that is her. Very similar. I watched An American Crime w/ Katherine Keener, not Girl Next Door. Supposedly it's a very accurate portrayal.

I read about Baby P, my heart broke for him. Think of how close he was to being saved, by his father, the doctor, the list is too too long. It doesn't make any sense.

People that do this or allow it to happen should be executed.
someone that could do this is no longer human.

I'd like to see that. The death penalty, at least in CA, is almost a reprieve to live for 20 more years while lawyers appeal the case! I agree with you, Linda, execution is the best option, but 20 years could mean 20 more babies from these Pieces OS !
Dogs are put to sleep for attacking humans, I don't see these people as being any better than a vicious dog!

Can their minds be fixed? I don't think so, which is a good reason to keep them put away. IIRC, the UK doesn't really have life without parole, so it is likely that these folks will walk the streets again-am I correct?

What happens to pedophiles and child abusers in prison in the UK? In the US there is a rough kind of prison justice that is enacted if the perp is in the general population...

This is really sad this happened to this precious baby. I read both articles,very saddened until i came across the ones with his photos and the tears started to flow. They should both get the dp. How could you do this to any child or any human being for that matter. It just makes me sit here and think to myself how sad and in pain that baby must have been. This breaks my heart and makes me angry at the same time.

This is **SO** wrong on every freaking level!!!! This "woman" needs to be protected from future harm when she is released (WTH!!!) in 5 years, but (I'm going to yell here) NOT ONE PERSON PROTECTED THIS CHILD!!!!!! Who the hell was there for this baby??? 78 times this child was visited, examined, and not once was this innocent removed from his home. A broken back that was missed, fer gawds sakes!!!

I hope that there will be a complete and total uproar via media and citizens. This is complete injustice of the legal system as well for any victims of abuse.

Jeeze...I am ashamed of the UK 'justice' system.

Too many murderers being granted anonymity!! Seems to me that if the crime is so horrific the perps should be afraid for their safety in public, they should NEVER be released into the public!!

Seems pretty straight forward to me!!

I tried, but I just can't do it. What a precious soul to have endured such a horrific life. God Bless this little one and all the others like him.

Rest in peace sweet Baby P, God will do his judgement on those that have harmed you so much. As I feel the people who were supposed to love and protect you did this to you I feel sick to the core with sorrow.

I say his mother (and mother just doesn't even seem appropriate to call her since mothers don't do this) should not be allowed to ever have children again. I am crying while writing this I cannot even think of the correct word! Sterilized I think is what I am looking for.

You were loved Baby P, let it be known to you in heaven. Fly with the angels

Like many of you all, I also have shed many tears over this poor baby. I can't even begin to imagine what his short time on earth must have been for him.

I am very annoyed to think of all the thousands of pounds his "mother" will get spent on her to give her a new identity, to protect her. Why should she be protected when she never protected her baby? :furious:

Another thing that I keep asking myself is why did the 15 year-old girl that also lived in the house not speak out? I know she claims that she was scared to in case of the repercussions had they found out, but surely she could have spoken to someone. I know she ran into the garden and put her hands over her ears to drown out Baby P's screams, that alone tells me she knew it was wrong.

Another thing that I keep asking myself is why did the 15 year-old girl that also lived in the house not speak out? I know she claims that she was scared to in case of the repercussions had they found out, but surely she could have spoken to someone. I know she ran into the garden and put her hands over her ears to drown out Baby P's screams, that alone tells me she knew it was wrong.

I ask myself that too! 'Mary' was/is old enough to be charged with a crime and I cannot understand why folks aren't calling for her to be arrested before the social workers. It was her who witnessed these crimes first hand. HOWEVER, I suppose a 15/16 year old whose family is seemingly on the parents side probably did not know which way to turn....I am little torn about her...

It makes me so sad that the children who face such horrific torture at the hands of their parents only find love once they are dead. I can't imagine treating a child in that way.

Well, THAT will certainly teach them a lesson. Screw up and let a child die, and you will get your pay but you don't have to come in and work.

I know. :furious: I never understood the concept of "leave with pay", unless there's some ongoing investigation...and in THAT CASE, I think if the person is proven to have done whatever they were accused of, they should forfeit pay received. It's a freaking PAID VACATION because she let a baby die. Unacceptable. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back