GUILTY MO - Erica Green, 3, 'Precious Doe', murdered, Kansas City, 28 April 2001

Yeah, she really wanted to make sure that she was identified. That is why 4 years went by with the child she birthed and named, being called only Precious Doe. That is why she never even made an anonomous phone call giving her identity. Personally I hope they don't give her back the name her egg donor gave her. At least under the name Precious Doe, people cared for her.

This woman really can't win in the eyes of "the public". If she says nothing, people say she is remourseless and evil. If she says she feels sorry every day for the heinous thing she did, people say she's a liar and evil.

Nothing she can or can't say will change anyone's mind about what she did, and I hope she finds peace for herself one day outside of all that.

Precious Doe's case was a heartbreaker. I am glad we finally found out what happened even though we may never understand why it happened.

This woman really can't win in the eyes of "the public". If she says nothing, people say she is remourseless and evil. If she says she feels sorry every day for the heinous thing she did, people say she's a liar and evil.

Nothing she can or can't say will change anyone's mind about what she did, and I hope she finds peace for herself one day outside of all that.

Precious Doe's case was a heartbreaker. I am glad we finally found out what happened even though we may never understand why it happened.

that poor baby. if the mama hadnt married the monster KNOWING he was a monster, and had more babies with him, maybe, just maybe, id find some compassion. as it is, i aint got no pity.

that poor baby. if the mama hadnt married the monster KNOWING he was a monster, and had more babies with him, maybe, just maybe, id find some compassion. as it is, i aint got no pity.

I have no pity either, and I dont feel that anyone should believe her either way, she doesnt deserve anything ever. She took away the life of her precious baby in the most disgusting way ever. may she burn.

Women who make their children into literal human sacrifices for some piece of trash man just amaze me. It just escapes me as to why on earth any woman would do that, but women do it over and over and over and over and..........

It took searchers three days to find Erica's head, and while they were looking, Michelle Johnson was right there. She can be seen on video at a park, smiling and waving as police across the street searched for her daughter's remains.

What a sad story! The above quote is what really got me.......waving and smiling to cameras?????

OMG! That is so sick. Can you imagine, no matter the circumstances, taking your child's head out of the trash? And then discarding it? Sick, sick, sick!

Man who fought for justice dies
Published March 17, 2010

A man police hailed as courageous for turning in his grandson for the murder of a 3-year-old has died.
---
[Thurman Harrell] McIntosh turned in his grandson, Harrell “Pete” Johnson, in 2001 for the murder and decapitation of Johnson’s stepdaughter, Erica Michelle Marie Green, who came to be known as “Precious Doe” in Kansas City, Mo.
---
When Kansas City police wouldn’t listen to McIntosh, he persisted in calling to help bring Erica’s killers to justice.

With the help of Kansas City community activist Alonzo Washington, police were convinced they needed to test Michelle Johnson’s DNA.

“They (Kansas City detectives) just blew me off — thought I was a crazy old man,” McIntosh said at the time of his grandson’s arrest.

Washington recalled Tuesday how McIntosh wearied at being ignored.

He didn’t have a good command of the English language, he was old, and he was completely ignored by Kansas City police, Washington said.

“The average person would give up after awhile — he never gave up,” Washington said.
---
“I’ve got it off my heart,” [McIntosh] said, his eyes downcast and his shoulders slumped. “Now, I sleep at night.”

He was retired and on a walker when the biggest heartache of his life came along.

“What my grandson did just broke my heart ... it hurt me so bad,” he said. “My time’s getting short, and I did my job.”
---

and more, at
http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_076011456.html?start:int=15

Precious Doe’s killer loses appeal of murder conviction
Posted on Tue, May. 25, 2010 10:19 AM

The man who killed, decapitated and threw away the little girl once known as Precious Doe on Tuesday lost the appeal of his first-degree murder conviction.
---
Harrell Johnson, now 30, was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Michelle Johnson, now 35, testified against Harrell Johnson at trial and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/25/1969459/precious-does-killer-loses-appeal.html

she waited for her to die. 25 years isnt even a slap on the wrist imo

2012:

The girl, Erica Green, was born on May 15, 1997, about five weeks after her mother went to prison.

Documented problems

The mother had had documented problems in caring for four other children, according to the lawsuit.

“If there had just been a phone call, the child would have been placed in DHS custody,” said the father's attorney, Paul DeMuro, of Tulsa...

The mother let an acquaintance take the baby, records show. The mother eventually took back Erica after being released.

“Had there been a file opened on Erica when she was born, as there should have been, they never would have let the baby be reunified with the mother,” the attorney said.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.newsok.com/article/3675374/amp?client=ms-android-sonymobile

2013:

The parties to a federal lawsuit arising from the 2001 killing of the child known as “Precious Doe” have announced a settlement. The Oklahoma Department of Corrections, OU Medical Center and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services have agreed to adopt new procedures to ensure that babies born to mothers in prison will be referred to DHS to plan for the safe placement of the newborn before the baby leaves the hospital...

Under the settlement agreement, DOC has agreed to notify DHS before a baby is born to an incarcerated mother. DHS will then be able to interact with the incarcerated mother regarding placement planning for the newborn, including, when the circumstances warrant, supervision of the placement and reunification of the child with the mother. DHS will refer to the new procedures as “Erica’s Rule.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/koco.r...oklahoma/4292268?client=ms-android-sonymobile

16 years after gruesome death, volunteers plan to celebrate what would have been 20th birthday of Precious Doe

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The gruesome death of a little girl 16 years ago garnered national attention.

Erica Green, 4, better known to many in the metro area as Precious Doe, would have turned 20 years old Monday.

Nevertheless, there's a continuing campaign to give meaning to her death.

Her decapitated body outraged veteran homicide detectives who thought they had seen it all.

But when no one came forward to identify the little girl, Kansas Citians took it upon themselves to claim her, naming her Precious Doe.

A group of volunteers is remembering Precious Doe Thursday by handing out crime prevention information to shoppers at east side grocery stores.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/05/11/16-yea...ould-have-been-20th-birthday-of-precious-doe/

I remember this case when it was happening it took so long to finally identify little Erica. May she rest in Heaven in Peace!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back