Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

Yay! So glad to logon this morning and read this news! Did a search on the suspects name, coming up with an age of 27 and another previous address in Spokane Valley, WA. Maybe they nabbed him at the daycare when he was picking up/dropping off his young child?

He was picked up late last night, So I doubt he was picking up a kid. That address was taken off the public police report of his arrest, but if could have just been the street address and he was pulled over in his car...

There is a news conference in 20 minutes, I will fill in after the news

Any word on the press conference they were scheduled to have at 10:30AM?

Thank God! I hope and pray that they got their man.

Biela attended Camp Lejeuene in North Carolina and used to live at 4740 Spring Drive in Reno, Nevada.

He has no criminal records except for 1 misdemeanor from 2000 on a simple worthless check and 1 traffic misdemeanor for speeding also in 2000. Both crimes were committed in the state of North Carolina.
Wow, and didn't people think he could have been a member of the military? Between that and the martial arts training, this guy is fitting what we thought all along.

Just read an article that said he has a young son...trying to find the link. Also came across a comment on KRNV's site saying that his girlfriend turned him in...

This happening on my birthday could not have been a better gift.

Hey,I've got some information on this guy, from a reliable source.

Apparently,this guy is a plumber and is from Reno in the local union. His wife is a few years older that him and is very controlling. Just after Bri's body was found, he asked for a lay-off from work. He has been in Seattle for most of the year, working up there, but his wife and child stayed down here in Reno. He was using steroids most of last year and
has a very up and down, almost bi-polar personality. He just asked for another lay-off
Friday.

KRNV is working better.

Thanking community for their help. Tip to secret witness broke the case.

Moment of silence for Brianna.

Alleluia!

Thank you and Suzi Q. for the upbriefs. This thing has been running since early this morning on the 'right coast'. I'm in Georgetown D.C., and it's ruling the news!!

I just can't get over it!! Do they have the death penalty in Nevada? :clap:

this just posted in the RGJ.com

Someone in the community left a tip with Secret Witness saying that James Michael Biela may have been involved in the murder of Brianna Denison, according to the affidavit for his arrest warrant.
Advertisement

Following that tip, Reno police Detective Adam Wygnanski met with Biela, but he declined to give a DNA sample. He also said that his girlfriend, Carleen Harmon, could provide an alibi for him during the time of Denison’s disappearance, the affidavit said.

Harmon was interviewed and said she had a son with Biela, but said “she could not account for his whereabouts on the early morning hours of either Dec. 16, 2007 or Jan. 20, 2008,” the affidavit said.

She also said she and Biela has “a tumultuous romantic relationship” and it was common for him to leave for days.

She said he moved to Washington between March and September for work, and sold his Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck before he left.

While visiting him there, she said she found a “petite sized women’s thong style underwear/panties inside his vehicle,” the affidavit said. She said she confronted him, and he told them he had stolen them from a laundromat in Washinton.

Harmon provided a DNA reference sample from her 4-year-old son to be compared with DNA evidence found during the investigation.

The Washoe County Crime Lab matched the sample with Biela.

Wow. I can't believe the finally have the guy...and he has a child! Which we suspected due to the victim's description previously but still...ugh.

A criminal complaint was filed Wednesday morning against Biela.

The complaint said that Biela was a pipe fitter working on construction products at the University of Nevada, Reno at the time of Denison's disappearance on January 20, according to Washoe County Sheriff's Spokeswoman Brooke Keast.

I have been checking here for months and hoping for an update. Reading this today was bitter sweet. My heart sank when I read the girlfriend allowed them to test the DNA using the child. I can't imagine being in her shoes and finding the thong in his truck. It would be bad enough thinking someone cheated on you but to then realize he was a killer is jaw dropping. Seems like the police should look into any murders in Settle during the time he was there, especially petite women with long dark hair.

The reports indicate the property I found is his house. Here's a map showing the drive from where Brianna was abducted to his house to where she was found - I doubt that's what he did, but it will give you an idea of the layout:

Abduction Location -> Biela Home -> Location Body Found

If the address you found is the correct address for this creep at 3687 allegrini, sparks, nv. THIS IS VERY CLOSE TO MY DAUGHTER'S HOME IN WINGFIELD SPRINGS!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back