Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Margaret in the Navy?
Hi, KivaSupporter! I missed you! I believe Margaret was a Navy nurse and that she worked at Letterman Hospital in San Francisco. Doogie, who has a better memory than I do, may be able to confirm this.

Raf,
Need some of your help with some genealogy/obit info for the Kukoda family. Some of it is posted here within Anna's forum. I can not copy links due to computer probs so bear with me.

Page 2 of this forum under the thread titled Searching for Anna ( which is now locked) page 18 post starting with post 440. There is some obits and info posted.

There is a member of the K family I am trying to determine if they are from the same branch as MK.

Will send full names etc. via pm to you.

Thank you!

Cubby

They are from the same branch.

after the search abt the person that Cubby are searching for (infos sent by pm), I made a better search abt Margaret Kukoda family, and I think that I found some other data; I hope that this infos are no a duplicate post, because I read not all postings here...:

Anthony Kukoda 16 Apr 1874 ; birth town: Szápár HU- ( imm 1899 by census.. no imm. in Mar 08, 1900 as Antal Kukoda born in Szápár, HU; single; joining at brother in Richmond, NY; in 1900 census ( june 1900)was servant in Richmond- NY as Anton Kukada but seeming born the jun 1876; I’m pretty sure that the ship’s manifest is right and he was born in 1874; death: 1950 abt; spouse: Ester Boeculat Kukoda b. 1885 abt -Hungary; imm 1899( no sure, she immigrated later); daughter of Susanna Boeculat widow, born in Hungary 1850 circa ( or Buchhalter/ Boeniat spell? imm in 1905); home in 1910 Garfield, NJ; 1918: Phillipburg, NJ; 1920 Harmony, NJ; 1930 Pennsylvania ( we already know ).
10 CHILDREN:
Anthony Kukoda b. 1905 NJ-in 1930, single in Detroit, MI with Paul brother​
Anna Kukoda b.1906 NJ​
Stephen Kukoda b. 23 Nov 1907 NJ- d. Oct 1979 Riegelsville, Bucks, Pennsylvania​
Paul Kukoda b.1910 NJ; in the 1930 single, living with Anthony in Detroit, MI​
Joseph Kukoda b.10 May 1911 NJ- 15 Mar 1991 Charlotte FL ; spouse: Mary… ( b.18 Sep 1907- d.20 Dec 1990 Charlotte, FL​
Frank Kukoda b. 1914 NJ- d. 11 /8/1988( spouse: Myrtle M.: birth 1917) both buried WEST HUNTERDON COUNTY, NEW JERSEY-​
Michael Kukoda b. 7 Sep 1915 NJ- 25 Mar 1995 Harlingen, Cameron, Texas; spouse: Cynthia Ann Prechtl (but needing more search)​
Margaret Kukoda b. 1917 NJ ( we know all)​
John J Kukoda b. 1919/1920 NJ​
Madaline Kukoda b. 1922 NJ​

some bride's name is no sure, but the names of Anthony and Ester Kukoda children are all, almost until 1930...
I know not the Anthony Kukoda 's brother name in Richmond; maybe could be interesting find it... best regards,
raf

Hi Raf,

Did the records show if any of M's siblings had children?

Thanks.

Please pardon me if this question has been asked repeatedly, it has been a long time since I have read all of Anna's threads. If I remember correctly, Annasmom is an accomplished pianist, how possible is it that Anna would be to? Did she take lessons or show any great interest in the piano? I keep getting one of those feelings that she closer than we think...

It has been very hectic at home, and I have been avoiding the computer so that I can get things done, but Anna is never far from my mind. I have several of her pictures in my screen saver slide show and when I see her I say a little prayer that she is happy and safe.

Hi Raf,

Thanks.

Yes MK had many nieces and nephews. I have her entire family tree written down somewhere. I wish I had time to find it, but i have a mess after moving my home office to another location in the house.

Yes MK had many nieces and nephews. I have her entire family tree written down somewhere. I wish I had time to find it, but i have a mess after moving my home office to another location in the house.

Do you remember where you got the information? Could you please point me in the right direction? I am especially interested in nephews.

Thank you.

They are from the same branch.

I don't think so. The info raf sent me... we have two Joseph Kukoda's.... the one Margaret is related to- her brother-father Anthony.

This other Joseph is the son of James.... James is the grandfather of the Kukoda we are talking about.

It is possible James and Anthony are brothers, raf indicated Anthony was here with a brother but did not have his name.

Hi Raf,

Thanks.
Yes Kivasupporter, as I know... but the person that Cubby are searching for, it is of another different family, completely, also if him ancestor coming from same hungarian area ...
regards,
raf

Ok, so at best, - thinking out loud - correct me if I am wrong - At best if James and Anthony are brothers, James grandson would be Margarets cousins child. Am I thinking correctly?

James ---------------------------------------Anthony
Joseph born 1914 (child of J)------------------Joseph born 1911 (child of A)
'X'K - (grandson of James)---------------------Margaret( child of A-cousin of joseph)
---------------------------------------------'X'K would then be Margarets cousins child or 1st cousin once removed)

am only using X for the first initial.

The once removed thing and second cousins confuses me. I read once a decade ago that my first cousins children would be my first cousins once removed and my childs second cousins. On a site I can not find anymore, something like ur a cousin, or something like that, It had the chart explain the various 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th cousins as well as all the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. removed.

So, if this GK is from the MK branch, it would be as a more distant relative. Was it common for familys this far removed on the family tree to stay in close contact? It was not in my family..... Did they do this in military families back then? Particularly if both were in the Navy as Margaret was? I saw a few of the other members in this branches were Navy as well, but didn't pay close enough attention to which ones. I guess I should see if Joseph "Whitey" K was in the Navy.

Sherlock, where are you? Did you get ahold of the other contact the RB? What do you think of the distant cousin thing? Too close?

raf, can we confirm whether or not James and Anthony are in fact brothers?

Yes Kivasupporter, as I know... but the person that Cubby are searching for, it is of another different family, completely, also if him ancestor coming from same hungarian area ...
regards,
raf

It appears to me, from your info raf, that they are not of the same branch. Margarets family came from Szapar HU, and the other Kukoda family came from Magyar, Galacia 1902. how close are Szapar, HU and Magyar Galacia?

It appears to me, from your info raf, that they are not of the same branch. Margarets family came from Szapar HU, and the other Kukoda family came from Magyar, Galacia 1902. how close are Szapar, HU and Magyar Galacia?

Hi, Magyar/Galicia; magyar is the ethnicity (= hungarian); Galicia is the general name of a area pertaining many modern states; the Galicia had various political stories; so the birthplace of a people born in "Galicia" is not precise, because it depend from what state power was the Galicia birtharea in the birthyear...
what we know for sure, is that the GK's grandmother was born in Kisfalu/Kisfalud, Hungary...
the birthtown of GK's grandfather: I know not, because I know only the him first name in USA: James;
but he englicized the first name, so I know not what is the original first name...
in any case Kisfalu/Kisfalud and Szápár are no much far, one of other..
regards,
raf

Ok, so at best, - thinking out loud - correct me if I am wrong - At best if James and Anthony are brothers, James grandson would be Margarets cousins child. Am I thinking correctly?

James ---------------------------------------Anthony
Joseph born 1914 (child of J)------------------Joseph born 1911 (child of A)
'X'K - (grandson of James)---------------------Margaret( child of A-cousin of joseph)
---------------------------------------------'X'K would then be Margarets cousins child or 1st cousin once removed)

am only using X for the first initial.

The once removed thing and second cousins confuses me. I read once a decade ago that my first cousins children would be my first cousins once removed and my childs second cousins. On a site I can not find anymore, something like ur a cousin, or something like that, It had the chart explain the various 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th cousins as well as all the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. removed.

So, if this GK is from the MK branch, it would be as a more distant relative. Was it common for familys this far removed on the family tree to stay in close contact? It was not in my family..... Did they do this in military families back then? Particularly if both were in the Navy as Margaret was? I saw a few of the other members in this branches were Navy as well, but didn't pay close enough attention to which ones. I guess I should see if Joseph "Whitey" K was in the Navy.

Sherlock, where are you? Did you get ahold of the other contact the RB? What do you think of the distant cousin thing? Too close?

raf, can we confirm whether or not James and Anthony are in fact brothers?

I believe there is another GK who is M's nephew. Then, other information fits and seems logical. That GK is from the same branch and there is information where he served and when. He lived in Pennsylvania and California and now lives in another state.

Hi, Magyar/Galicia; magyar is the ethnicity (= hungarian); Galicia is the general name of a area pertaining many modern states; the Galicia had various political stories; so the birthplace of a people born in "Galicia" is not precise, because it depend from what state power was the Galicia birtharea in the birthyear...
what we know for sure, is that the GK's grandmother was born in Kisfalu/Kisfalud, Hungary...
the birthtown of GK's grandfather: I know not, because I know only the him first name in USA: James;
but he englicized the first name, so I know not what is the original first name...
in any case Kisfalu/Kisfalud and Szápár are no much far, one of other..
regards,
raf

Thank you for explaining that raf.
I could not find anything on ellisisland that came close to translating to James. Nor could I find anyone that had an est birth year of 1880 and arrived in 1902. Was the 1902 the year he arrived or the year he became a citizen? I am assuming the year he arrived.

TY again. :)

I believe there is another GK who is M's nephew. Then, other information fits and seems logical. That GK is from the same branch and there is information where he served and when. He lived in Pennsylvania and California and now lives in another state.

There are two Margarets and two Josephs which make things kind of confusing. The other Margaret was married to a Tapacjik and was married for 61 years. There is some family/obit info posted within the forum. ( Sorry, I can't copy links, but I believe it was from Aug of 06 and GraceBlue posted the info) The other Margaret is the sister of Joseph born 1914 and the aunt of our GK.

hth.

There are two Margarets and two Josephs which make things kind of confusing. The other Margaret was married to a Tapacjik and was married for 61 years. There is some family/obit info posted within the forum. ( Sorry, I can't copy links, but I believe it was from Aug of 06 and GraceBlue posted the info) The other Margaret is the sister of Joseph born 1914 and the aunt of our GK.

hth.

Posted by HeartofTexas, 1st Searching for Anna thread, pg 19 post 461

Quote:
Agnes E. (Kukoda) Gregory, 81, of Hellertown, died Monday, May 17, 2004, in the VNA Hospice at St. Lukes Hospital, Fountain Hill. She was the wife of the late Harry B. Gregory. Born Jan. 7, 1923, in Hellertown, she was a daughter of the late James and Agnes (Koczan) Kukoda. She worked for Durkee Famous Foods, Bethlehem, for 28 years. She was a member of St. Georges Episcopal Church, Hellertown. She was a Democratic committeewoman for 15 years. Survivors: Daughters, Ruth M., wife of William OToole of Emmaus, Janice E., wife of the Honorable Richard T. Fluck of Hellertown, Faye A., wife of John Roth of Coopersburg, Jo Anne, wife of Robert Hornyak of Hellertown, Lois J., wife of terry Hahn of Hellertown; brothers, Charles E. Kukoda of Bethlehem, Louis J. Kukoda of Paoli; sisters, Margaret Tapajcik of Hellertown, Helen Fekete of Bethlehem; 14 grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, William. Services: 10 a.m. Thursday in the church. Call 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Heintzelman Funeral Home Inc., 326 Main St., Hellertown. Contributions: VNA Hospice at St. Lukes Hospital, 709 Delaware Ave., Bethlehem 18015. </I>
[SIZE=-1]Published in the Morning Call on 5/18/2004.[/SIZE] Guest Book • Flowers & gifts • Charities
PrinterIcon.gif
Printer-friendly version

yes Cubby I know.. Margaret Kukoda Tapajcik of Hellertown is the daughter of James Kukoda and Agnes Koczan Kukoda.... GJK is a nephew of this Margaret Kukoda Tapajcik ... as far I know the two families ( Anthony and Ester Kukoda and james and Agnes Kukoda ) seeming not relatives, but it is impossible to say with precision... the 1902 immigration year of James is on a census... and normally this data are no much correct... because Antal/Anthony came in March 1900, joining at brother( unknown first name), the brother maybe came in 1899, almost... just my idea...
best regards,
raf

Please pardon me if this question has been asked repeatedly, it has been a long time since I have read all of Anna's threads. If I remember correctly, Annasmom is an accomplished pianist, how possible is it that Anna would be to? Did she take lessons or show any great interest in the piano? I keep getting one of those feelings that she closer than we think...

It has been very hectic at home, and I have been avoiding the computer so that I can get things done, but Anna is never far from my mind. I have several of her pictures in my screen saver slide show and when I see her I say a little prayer that she is happy and safe.

Just bumping. I think this post got lost in the middle of the Kukoda genealogical research.

I am new to Anna's forum and am still reading the archives but have a question. With the possibility that Anna may be suffering from a mental illness, has anyone thought to circulate the poster to mental health facilities?

I am currently in a therapy program in what I would describe as an "open" facility, i.e., not a hospital but where patients just come during the day. The amount of patients that cycle in and out of these programs is tremendous. And all kinds of things are treated there, from depression to addiction to other more severe things. And the therapists are trained to really look at all the patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd