Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
I really don't care what she does after she's sentenced to LWOP! :behindbar MOO, of course.

I voted No.

If she's convicted of murdering her two-year old daughter then she's a lost cause.

She deserves to be silenced forever, the same fate she choose to put on Little Caylee.

I voted "yes" because with counseling maybe something can be gleaned that will help future CSI experts, LE, etc.... You only learn how psychopaths work by studying them.

Bolded by me. As a loving, caring mother, I'll bet that you would have needed a straight jacket,therapy and heavy drugs pretty close to day one, DaughterAlice. Casey chose men, videos about murder,( who watches American Psycho while your child has gone missing????) nail salons, ink parlors and non-stop partying to soothe her jangled nerves. In that way she has certainly proven herself to be nothing like you or most other caring mothers on this planet.

While it's true that Casey is (legally) innocent until (legally) proven guilty, this has very little to do with her actual guilt. She is actually already guilty or not guilty...one of the two. Legal guilt needs to be established in a court of law, as you mentioned ,by judge and jury. They are under strict guidelines in establishing such guilt. The general public is not bound by this legal presumption in matters of personal opinion.

Your children are fortunate to have a loving, kind (and obviously forgiving) mother such as you. Sadly, Caylee Marie Anthony wasn't so fortunate. JMO.

Thank you, Indigo, for your kindness. I guess there is still part of me that refuses to accept the reality of a mother that would harm/kill their own child. I didn't even know Susan Smith was lying until she confessed! Guess I'm guilible or something.

You make very good points. I have to stand by my opinion on the therapy issue, but you do speak a lot of truth in saying that "The general public is not bound by this legal presumption in matters of personal opinion."

I don't care whether or not Casey has counseling. I don't think it would do the slightest bit of good. It would be like giving Scott Peterson counseling. A total waste of money and a study in futility.

It is very difficult for most people who care, to accept that there are those who cannot. The lack of conscience occurs in childhood.
To the best of my knowledge, the cause is not clear. It does not seem to be from an experienced emotional tramua. One of the reasons it is so difficult to understand is that the person seems normal and comes from a caring family. Early signs are frequently
justified or excused by family and society. Sadly, counselling does not help.

Mind Student

It is very difficult for most people who care, to accept that there are those who cannot. The lack of conscience occurs in childhood.
To the best of my knowledge, the cause is not clear. It does not seem to be from an experienced emotional tramua. One of the reasons it is so difficult to understand is that the person seems normal and comes from a caring family. Early signs are frequently
justified or excused by family and society. Sadly, counselling does not help.

Mind Student
A very good summation, Mind Student. I agree although it's difficult to understand why there is nothing that can remedy this in this day and age!
My theory is that there are some who are just plain evil, and Casey fits the bill!
A person with the sociopathic tendencies coupled with parents that coddle, spoil, bail out of messes, and cover up wrong doings, are ingredients for tragedy.

The only things I would like KC to receive are:

3 hots;
a cot; and
several 1/2 hr. "private" therapy sessions
with inmates who love & miss their tots.

Much more cost effective and productive.

Counseling??? Uh, I don't think so...what would be the point? I think the time for counseling would have been BEFORE she killed her child!

The only things I would like KC to receive are:

3 hots;
a cot; and
several 1/2 hr. "private" therapy sessions
with inmates who love & miss their tots

Much more cost effective and productive.

bolded by me...

I want to sit in on a few of these sessions!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I dont care what happens to her after sentencing - I really hope if she
doesnt get LWOP that she is kept long enough that she can never
have any more children and that terms of her probation upon release
forbid her from being around other peoples for any reason. Like a sex
offender .

Counseling for her is a waste - nothing useful to be gained by it and
the therapist would have to guard against being manlipulated and
conned by her.

I hope Casey receives counseling someday but at this point in time and unless she ever makes a choice to stop the lies and becomes honest, I think counseling would be a total waste of time.

It's not a bad idea to study her. Could that can shed some light on dealing with sociopaths? Maybe, maybe not.

As a FL resident, I balk at the idea of our tax money going to counseling for her. That said, we Floridians are going to be paying ALL her bills for many, many years to come, :behindbar so I suppose the counseling wouldn't cost much more.

Ultimately, I voted I didn't care one way or the other.

I agree with your post 1st post MissDiva :p I don't think she was always heartless either. I voted that I didn't care if she got counseling or not. It's up to her. She wasted her life at 22 years of age. I don't care if she partied or who she slept with, I could care less about that. She wasted her life by one single action that she can never go back and undo.

And too the hurt and grief that she has brought on to her family is heartbraking - I'm sure that the grandparents adored that beautiful little angel, Caylee.

I felt in the beginning that a "Scared Straight," type of counseling would work. KC seems to act more like an adolescent (sociopathic) and may have broken when approached by all her peers surrounding her in her small jail cell. KC in the middle being verbably questioned like an oozie going off. With all my heart and education to support this I feel she would have caved in the beginning. Once KC realized not one of the peers she knew wanted anything to do with her she went into herself thinking, "Everyone lies, everone dies mode." In her mind she justified to all her actions & if her peers don't except her explanations she becomes indignant never to think of them again.

I don't care whether or not Casey has counseling. I don't think it would do the slightest bit of good. It would be like giving Scott Peterson counseling. A total waste of money and a study in futility.

waste ~ huge waste :clap::clap:

I felt in the beginning that a "Scared Straight," type of counseling would work. KC seems to act more like an adolescent (sociopathic) and may have broken when approached by all her peers surrounding her in her small jail cell. KC in the middle being verbably questioned like an oozie going off. With all my heart and education to support this I feel she would have caved in the beginning. Once KC realized not one of the peers she knew wanted anything to do with her she went into herself thinking, "Everyone lies, everone dies mode." In her mind she justified to all her actions & if her peers don't except her explanations she becomes indignant never to think of them again.

Anybody heard why George scrapped his divorce plans from Cindy?

Welcome Srabble! CA nixed the divorce plans. According to CA's mother she would have to give half of property she has only in her name, to GA if they were to divorce. In CA's mind she wasn't going to give up what she had worked so hard for while GA is squndering money through internet gambling or from an internet con artist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back