Heart-Shaped Sticker On Tape Over Caylee's Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid the jury will not have the whole story either, but they can come to a reasonable conclusion with enough circumstantial evidence. IMO there is enough circumstantial evidence that has been released by the sunshine law to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt. I haven't seen one piece of exculpatory evidence concerning Caseys guilt.

IIRC, in a jail visit with someone Casey says something along the line of "that little girl is my heart."

Does anyone else remember this??

I have imagined that when KC put that tape on Caylee that there was never any intention of removing it.

The tape was across her mouth and both ends of the tape were in Caylee's hair (if I read the report right?).

No one would wrap duct tape into anyone's hair with the intention of later removing it. That's just my two cents.

It was said that her hair was in between the tape....and had to be cut from the tape to be removed. Which would appear to have been wrapped around her entire head....more than once.

i posted this on the doc thread as well, and i am sorry i have only read a few pages of this thread

IMO the sticker was a final kiss from kc to caylee a goodbye kiss. it was prolly placed carefully after death.

this is like the unicorn that diane downs bought and engraved days before she shot her children. kc in the week before this happened put some red hearts on pics of caylee - it's her sick demented way of saying goodbye, i cared.

Last spring I read a new bestselling book in which the killer put duct tape over the mouths of the preteen girls he kidnapped and he drew smiles on the duct tape with red lipstick before he molested them. This heart placed on the duct tape over the mouth sounds kind of like the smiles drawn on the duct tape in that book. The book was called "Perfect Nightmare" by John Saul.

Ever seen the T-shirt that says "Don't be so open minded that your brain falls out" ?

Note- not directed at anyone

I know exactly what you're saying, impatientredhead. (I went back and fixed my post so that gracie's quote shows up correctly. Sorry, gracie and mods.)

Sorry! I have over 8 pages to read to catch up on this thread but I wanted to post something!

I can't believe for the life of me that we are debating Murder 1/premeditation......The Grand Jury indicted her BEFORE they discovered her body near her home, the duct tape over her mouth, and the heart sticker placed over the tape. This is part of the icing on the cake for the prosecution.

Again, I haven't read the entire thread YET!! (looking forward to it!) Has anyone wondered that maybe the heart sticker was tainted with chloroform?

Maybe she duct taped her mouth, placed the chloro sticker over her mouth and sweet little Caylee passed out then died by overdose or smothering.

Also, my mind immediately raced back to the missing "lanyard" of KC's. Do you think she placed a matching heart sticker on it? I know lots of people that like to decorate things like that?? Probably not...just immediately flashed in my brain when I heard about the sticker.

So you think KC put the sticker on the duct tape, then showed it to Caylee to calm her, then applied the duct tape?

So you think Caylee was completely conscious when this duct tape was applied?

I can't see this scenario playing out. I can only imagine Caylee was dead or completely drugged out when the duct tape was applied, then KC applied the heart as a final "goodbye, mommy tried to love you but couldn't" gesture.

I thought they said the sticker was inside the duct tape, as though it was on the side that would go closest to her mouth. Now it seems they're saying it was on the outside, if that's the case, and I don't mean to waffle, it could very well be a slaaaaaaaaaaaap to her mother who put bandaids and stickers on gaping wounds and unspeakable suffering.

THANKX 4 posting this...
PIX # 21 also with the spray painted heart and the saying "with love and kisses nothing lasts forever" is also troublesome imo

That picture is extremely creepy, especially since we now know about the sticker.

Using chloroform on a child, duct taping the child's mouth shut, and then leaving the child alone, as you describe above, will easily satisfy the elements of aggravated child abuse, which can be used to obtain the first degree murder convicition for her resulting death.

Snipped

If the prosecution has evidence that shows that Caylee died as a result of being chloroformed, duct taped and left to die, why hasn't the ME been able to determine the cause of death?

Snipped

If the prosecution has evidence that shows that Caylee died as a result of being chloroformed, duct taped and left to die, why hasn't the ME been able to determine the cause of death?

There is a difference between using circumstantial evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt and a medical examiner saying I have scientific proof that she died from a certain cause. Without soft tissue the medical examiners ability to determine a cause of death was greatly limited.

Two different thoughts have occurred to me. Don't know if anyone else has said this (too many pages) but here they:
1. That she put it on so that Caylee would let her put the tape on. (Please, don't let this be the case. I hate to think Caylee was aware or scared.) Tricking her daughter into thinking it wasn't scary, but OK because it had something pretty on there.
2. This will sound strange, but maybe it was to be meant as a kiss. A goodbye kiss, maybe? It seems strange for it to have been right there on the mouth...but it could have been how this psycho said goodbye to her daughter.

Snipped

Even if chloroform was present, the ME would not be able to determine that chloroform was the cause of death.

Snipped

I don't know if this is the truth and maybe being held for trial - a pull up was found - could Caylee have been wearing it when she died? Then they would be able to extract urine/feces from the pull up to see if she was drugged or not

I posted this before and it was glossed over

I don't know if this is the truth and maybe being held for trial - a pull up was found - could Caylee have been wearing it when she died? Then they would be able to extract urine/feces from the pull up to see if she was drugged or not

I posted this before and it was glossed over

I believe they will test it hopefully there is still something there after 6 plus months. I also think they will match it to ones taken from the house to prove they were from the same bag.

Snipped

The ME is unable to determine cause of death because there was so little left of the remains.

What the evidence might show is that chloroform was present in the car or on material found with or near the remains. They can build a case that chloroform was associated with the death, but they cannot prove it caused the death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck