Do You think Cindy Anthony is mad at GA?....

I've had several friends who commited suicide and tried it a time or two myself. Yes, it is a VERY DARK PLACE, a place without hope. However, I believe when you ARE in your right mind, you need to prepare yourself with the knowledge that suicide will hurt those around you more than your freeing them by dying. Also, as an aside, some people do kill themselves just to hurt others and that is the epitome of selfishness.

exactly how do you "hurt" the ones you leave behind? I see so many folks looking at suicide from their own selfish self centered perspectives. Do you honestly believe that people in enough pain to actually end their life sit around thinking, gosh how the heck is DORIS going to take this? They see nothing but Black in front of them.

I would be very angry too once I learned he was alive.

People that kill themselves never think of the devastation and pain they cause others. Hasn't Cindy endured enough? George in a desperate move was going to ADD to the horror she is already living.

Oh I couldn't agree more. While I agree that depression and devastation from a traumatic life event can send one into a downward spiral. I personally feel that suicide is the cowards way out. I also believe that people who choose to take their own life are selfish, self centered, attention seeking and revengeful. The "I'll show them!" attitude and "woe is me, I'm alone, no one to comfort me, I'm helpless and hopeless, a waste, a total waste, they'll be better off without me!" It's disgusting.
I can assure you, had my husband taken his own life or attempted to do so after we suffered the devastating loss of our 26 y/o son. I would have been furious. I'm so glad I have a strong man who was there for me and I'm glad that I am a strong woman who in the midst of the most incredible pain I have ever experienced, was still able to be there for my husband and our other children. JMHO

respectfully snipped.

Anger is a very natural emotion following the death of a loved one, whether from suicide or natural causes, often the person left behind is angry at being left behind. It's slightly irrational but what isn't at times of severe grief.

Some people who commit suicide do fit your description of "I'll show them" or "they'll be sorry now", but many more have been suffering from a depression so severe, other people and their feelings are never part of the equation.

Depression can be all consuming. It is a feeling of emptiness that has no end, either severe sadness or an absolute void of any emotion. It is exhausting, yet the depressed person often has insomnia, the other end of that is the person who can sleep 23 hours a day but never feel any relief from the fatigue.

For some people who commit suicide it is an act, possibly something they never intended on completing, but somehow their rescue calls didn't reach the right people in time to save them. Others; those people who have been living in that void, that absolute loss of all connection see suicide as a means to an end. To relieve themselves, to relieve those around them. It's horrible to think that death is the only option available, to be so engulfed in sadness, pain or emptiness that death is the only avenue to stop the way someone "feels that day".

It's been said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Problem is getting the person who really wants to do this, to see it that way.

I think it's blatantly obvious that many posters here have had loved one's commit suicide. Some were angry, some weren't. Please don't criticise the people here for how they felt when they had to deal with the loss of a loved on in those circumstances. It is painful enough for them without someone judging them for their feelings.

That was very thoughtful and well said.

exactly how do you "hurt" the ones you leave behind? I see so many folks looking at suicide from their own selfish self centered perspectives. Do you actually believe that people in enough pain to actually end their life sit around thinking, gosh how the heck is DORIS going to take this?
Absolutely. I know several people that this very thing has stopped them in their tracks and they sought the help they needed.

We need to give Cindy a break.Her anger is normal.
Remember how angry you were when your teenager stayed out way past curfew and you pictured him dead in a ditch somewhere?When he finally got home you were relieved. Then you got mad.

WOW....that is complete news to me...I don't usually watch GVS. THAT REALLY MAKES ME WONDER NOW!!!

Please please don't tell me this was all a ploy, as George was a former police, I hope this wasn't orchestrated....

NO....I'm not going to believe it was a set up. I believe his pain was real. Its just amazing that this "specimen" will probably NOT get the death penalty. But, then again, whats worse for her? Living her life out without doing what she likes or death???

ALL VERY INTERESTING...

No, even if it keeps the DP off the table, according to all the LEO involved Geo's anguish was very real. This man has been through so much, honestly I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

BTW welcome back, you've been missed. :)

Absolutely. I know several people that this very thing has stopped them in their tracks and they sought the help they needed.

I think it's case by case. Some would argue that many who threaten suicide or even attempt it, have no intention of ever going through with it. Those that do go through with it and "actually" end their life, are in an entirely different class of pain.

Cindy was "mad" that George was trying to bug out and leave her to deal with the whole mess alone. Suicide is always unfair to the survivors, and anger is one reaction to it.

They are Catholic, too, and suicide is a mortal sin, right? Cindy would see it as going against everything they believe.

Right , a big No No . DH said this last night while watching NG . George said "He wanted to make sure Caylee was in Gods arms " or something like that . But if he commited suicide he would never have this answer .

No, even if it keeps the DP off the table, according to all the LEO involved Geo's anguish was very real. This man has been through so much, honestly I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

BTW welcome back, you've been missed. :)

:waitasec: Can someone pretty please explain why this could keep the DP off the table? :confused:

Thanks. :)

:waitasec: Can someone pretty please explain why this could keep the DP off the table? :confused:

Thanks. :)

Because it would throw CA and GA and potentially LA "over the edge" if she were to be sentenced to death.

Can someone please tell me when the DP was put back on the table? I missed that, I thought it was taken off a while ago?

Because it would throw CA and GA and potentially LA "over the edge" if she were to be sentenced to death.

Yes but then all the relatives of criminals in the world would try to use this trick?

I feel that if they had both gone to grief counceling right away this would not have happened to George or Cindy. Sometimes toughing it out is just not the thing to do. It is a process and if it isn't dealt with leads to long time problems. This family is in deep distress, to expect "normal" reactions to anything is just not plausable.
I agree that anger is a normal response to a suicide, certainly for the partner that is hanging by a thread herself. I wish family members could convince them that they have to take care of themselves and get counseling NOW.

exactly how do you "hurt" the ones you leave behind? I see so many folks looking at suicide from their own selfish self centered perspectives. Do you honestly believe that people in enough pain to actually end their life sit around thinking, gosh how the heck is DORIS going to take this? They see nothing but Black in front of them.

I am too well aware of the BLACK HOLE, I've been there. If you will read my post, I stated you need to think about that when you are in your RIGHT mind, after the depression has lifted.

How do you HURT the ones you leave behind? That's easy. Leaving your babies without a mother hurts them. Leaving a husband behind to care for the babies, without you, hurts him in many ways. Also, if I had killed myself I would be leaving a legacy to my children, a message that it's OKAY to commit suicide - suicide does run in families, I've seen it time and again. It's as if the parent, by killing themselves, gives permission to the child to take that way out.

My opinion only from hard experience

I think it's case by case. Some would argue that many who threaten suicide or even attempt it, have no intention of ever going through with it. Those that do go through with it are in an entirely different class.

No argument there. But those that do commit, that I am familiar with in my personal experience, all started their notes the same; "please forgive me". Implies to me they certainly give thought to whom they may hurt.

Some people are too depressed to actually go through with killing themselves, they don't even have the drive to do that much. That's why anti-depressants can lead to suicide. they give the depressed individual enough of a lift to have the motivation to go finally through with it.

Yes but then all the relatives of criminals in the world would try to use this trick?

this is a unique case. most relatives do not have even close to the amount of media attention that these two have.

Everyone is different. You can't say, "Well, if someone wanted to commit suicide, they would just do it." Or, "When so-and-so in my life tried, they didn't think to leave a note or contact anyone, so this must have been planned." Or, "Well, if he was really depressed, he would've sought help." People are arguing about suicide and attempts at suicide, seriously? "It's selfish." "No it's not." It's absolutely ridiculous to speculate about what George was thinking. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one. My heart broke when I woke up yesterday morning and read about this. That was my first, human emotion and reaction. Yes, I agree that George has done and said some things that I don't agree with, etc., but come on people. This is sad. Attempted suicide is nothing to disregard, no matter who the person or what the situation. I am sorry to rant, but this is something that hits home for many of us, and I find it disheartening to see some of the things being said on here.

No argument there. But those that do commit, that I am familiar with in my personal experience, all started their notes the same; "please forgive me". Implies to me they certainly give thought to whom they may hurt.

Some people are too depressed to actually go through with killing themselves, they don't even have the drive to do that much. That's why anti-depressants can lead to suicide. they give the depressed individual enough of a lift to have the motivation to go finally through with it.

I do see your point and i have heard that about anti-depressants. I agree they give thought to those they leave behind; but it's such a personal lonely pain that drives one to that brink.

regards

Hmmm,somehow all this reminds me now of Melinda Duckett(sp?).Didn't they all blame NG back then?
IF this is one of the A's game it's getting dangerous.
For now I am feeling sorry for George...guess time will tell what this was really all about...

I think it's case by case. Some would argue that many who threaten suicide or even attempt it, have no intention of ever going through with it. Those that do go through with it and "actually" end their life, are in an entirely different class of pain.

I never threatened suicide, I tried it once at 10, got caught, screamed at like I was a monster and a disgrace to the dysfunctional family. After that I went up and down my entire life thinking I was INSANE until I met the doctor who saved my life. However, there was a time when I hugged death to my bosom like my only friend. I always knew if things got worse I had a way out, a friend - death.

I don't believe there are different classes of pain in clinical depression. I do believe pain from the death of a loved one, and the horrors of daily life are different. Maybe George is suffering from the horrors and actually crying out. On the other hand, I've read in emails that he is bipolar, so. . .draw your own conclusions. I believe each individual has a tolerance of how much they can bear before they do kill themselves. I believe my saving grace was I REMEMBERED that somewhere far above this black pit of hell there was sunshine.

My opinion only

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back