FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. I was just hoping the little guy had been found safe. Thanks!

Thank you HesterMofet :) I don't post on the thread but I've been reading everything. So scarey and so sad... I'm hoping and praying along with everyone else he is found.

Ima

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/37841079.html

"IMMOKALEE, Fla. - Ten days and there is still no sign of six-year-old Adji Desir. A ground search was called off on Sunday after investigators said they searched everywhere they possibly could.

The focus is now turning toward a task force effort. Lt. Tom Smith told WINK News on Sunday night, "We're gonna start looking at old case files and old persons of interest, things like that to try to get some leads."

http://www.caribbeanworldnews.com/middle_top_news_detail.php?mid=2010

"[FONT=Arial,]CaribWorldNews, MIAMI, FL, Tues. Jan. 27, 2009: It`s been over two weeks since little Adji Desir disappeared and Florida law enforcement officials are no closer to finding the Haitian boy.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,]Collier County deputies say they are relying on leads from the public for their investigation into his disappearance. Adji`s relatives reported him missing after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and then disappeared.
So far, nearly 1,000 people from 30 agencies and Adji`s community have searched 216-square-miles for the boy."
[/FONT]

Reward is now up to $33,000. Was wondering if Adji Desir's name could be added to the title of this thread to make it easier to find (unless there is another thread for this case I do not know about).

Just checking for any updates on this sad case and found this link: No news, though, thanks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28719384/

Here is another thread with more info and Adji's name: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77918

Maybe we could get them merged?

update for Adji:

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/38564277.html

New push to find missing 6-year-old
By WINK News

Story Created: Jan 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM EST

"Collier County Sheriff's investigators say they've received 240 tips in the case a missing Immokalee boy.

They are still waiting for that one phone call that will help bring 6-year-old Adji Desir home.

They're encouraging anyone with information, no matter how minuscule, to call in."

Still saying prayers for Adji

Any new updates? I cant seem to find any. I hate when they take forever to let us know things. Hope this baby is safe wher ever he may be.

Bless his little heart. I hope they find him soon. :( He sure has a sweet little face.

The search for Adji Desir continues

It has been over 3 weeks since Adji Desir disappeared on Jan 10. Although the ground search for Adji was called off on Jan. 17, there has been a new push to find him and the reward for his safe return has been increased to $33,500.

Authorities are encouraging anyone with any type of information to call the tip line. Trish Routte of Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers said, "Please don't dismiss anything that you may think you know because we would rather go on a hunch than not be able to follow up on it at all."

Since Adji's disappearance, the Collier County Sheriff's Office has received 240 tips.

Some of the family's neighbors believe that Adji may have been kidnapped. Abigail Olvera's younger sister was playing outside with Adji and several other children before he went missing. "I think someone took him," said Olvera. She indicated the last time they saw Adji he was walking down the street.

The sheriff's office indicates they will continue their search through tips; therefore, they are relying on the public to lead them in the right direction.

Adji is 3 feet tall and weighs about 45 pounds, with short black hair and dark eyes. He is developmentally disabled and functions on the level of a 2-year-old. Adji knows and understands his name, but cannot speak it. Adji also understands Creole.

Please call 1-800-780-TIPS (8477) or the sheriff's office at (239) 793-9300 if you have any type of information regarding the case.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m2d3-The-search-for-Adji-Desir-continues

Poor Adji. Children with developmental problems are so vulnerable to begin with and to know he is missing breaks my heart. He could have been so easily abducted with his specific issues and not speaking the language either. I am hopeful he still may be alive, but that hope is dwindling with every passing day. I want more tips to come in and I want people out searching for this little fella. :(

Someone MUST know something in that little community.

Poor Adji. Children with developmental problems are so vulnerable to begin with and to know he is missing breaks my heart. He could have been so easily abducted with his specific issues and not speaking the language either. I am hopeful he still may be alive, but that hope is dwindling with every passing day. I want more tips to come in and I want people out searching for this little fella. :(

Someone MUST know something in that little community.

I'm guilty of occasionally having to force myself to step back (specifically since the Caylee case) because I get overwhelmed and the tragedies start really affecting my life and emotional state. One of the last times I watched NG was when Adji was first reported missing on her show. I had to turn it off because his little innocent face broke my heart in the way Caylee's did. I truly had hoped that he had wondered off and was just scared and hiding (this was in the first couple of days that he went missing) and when
I didn't hear any more about him after about a week I hoped that meant he had been found. I was sick to find out after reading the NG thread on the Caylee thread that this poor little boy is still missing. If I remember correctly he only has the mental development of a 2 year old! So much attention needs to be brought to this case - and quickly! And quite frankly, it should have happened the very day that child was reported missing. I don't think you should ever assume in the case of any missing child that young that he may have just wondered off (especially one with a mental/developmental disability). It is far better to err on the side of doing too much than doing too little. Whew, sorry didn't mean to rant. I just remember that when I heard about it the first time on NG I already thought then that enough wasn't being done. I truly had hoped he had been found and was back safely at home. Now that my naive bubble has been burst I so desperately want this sweet little boy to be found and feel so frustrated that there really isn't anything that I personally can do about it. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Sorry to have gone off on a bit of a rant there.

Update for Adji:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m2d3-The-search-for-Adji-Desir-continues

"It has been over 3 weeks since Adji Desir disappeared on Jan 10. Although the ground search for Adji was called off on Jan. 17, there has been a new push to find him and the reward for his safe return has been increased to $33,500."

:(

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/04/ng.01.html

From last night on NG:

snipped from the transcript there is more of the interview at the link above, close to the end of the broadcast.

"SMITH: Well, you know, we`ve got a missing 6-year-old that`s developmentally delayed. That`s, you know, we have -- he was last seen 100 feet outside of his home just as dusk was approaching. And we have no witnesses to indicate that he walked off or was taken off.

And so as, you know, Ryan Mills stated, we`re running both avenues but we`ve concluded our ground search.

GRACE: Lt. Smith, you state he was last seen basically in his front yard. Was that witness his grandmother?

SMITH: His grandmother had seen him just prior to that. But we`ve actually identified the last few children that he was playing with in the front yard, playing football, when the young lad who was called home by an older brother. And he was last seen standing just in front of his house."

That's a detail I had not heard before.

Also from NG show:

"TOM SHAMSHAK, FMR. POLICE CHIEF, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, INSTRUCTOR AT BOSTON UNIV.: That`s a very good question, Nancy. I think that they have conducted an extensive search with all the manpower from the local, state and federal authorities.

I firmly believe, from looking at the map, that that Route 29 that goes through there, this child could very well have been abducted."

I'm wondering?:
Is anyone familiar with Route 29 and how close it is to the neighborhood that Adji lived?

Would someone have to turn off into the neighborhood to have access by car to Adji?

Would just anyone be able to access that neighborhood and move into and out of it without the locals seeing? I mean, is it tight knit and strangers and strange cars would bring attention?

Since this area has always been an agricultural area I'm wondering if the immediate "missing area" was searched for old abdandoned wells?

http://www.monroecd.org/abandonedwell.html

This is the only link I could find to illustrate my point.

Little Jessica McClure came to mind.

~

Drumstick, you've made my heart jump. That is also the first thing that came to mind for me the minute I heard the first reports from this case! I don't know if they have wells in this part of FL, but for some reason, I keep coming back to a hole in the ground very near the home. The searchers have used dogs and I would think they'd have picked up his scent even then..but looking on one of the linked google maps and several roads are called "oil well" and "old oil well"....IDK, but you and I are on the same page.

It appeared to me they conducted a very detailed search since one officer mentioned some areas were searched 5 times. I think they are doing everything they can do at this point. They aren't giving up and are only moving to another mode of operation to find him. They need SOLID tips to come in to know where to begin searching on the ground and from the air again.

I hope they are not getting bombarded with useless information like in the 5,000 tips in Caylee's case. Look how it bogged down the legitimate tip from the meter reader.

From all reports, they have had painfully few tips as the child pretty much vanished. It is quite sad.

Didn't they say 200 plus so far? It is a start, but evidently they are not getting the response they are looking for to find him.

It is sad to think of this child possibly being abducted and unable to communicate, but it could be in Ajdi's favor to keep him alive. The abductor could feel he/she has the advantage and can control him indefinitely.

Please somebody do you have the street and a live GOOGLE image of the neighborhood?

I'd like to see the area from a map.

has everyone checked for sex offenders in the area?

Via a sex offender online website?

Are there any coffee houses or any public eateries nearby/
Or any stores etc???
Gas stations/
any grocery stores?

Any pet shops?

A child of this mentality would follow anybody or a pet anywhere.
Didn't the story go that he was playing with some kids football/and one was the older brother of one of them?
How old was this boy?
The oldest one in this play group?

I heard that the family has been checked out so that would leave stranger or wandering.
Did he climb much?
He could have gotten into a car trunk or an abandoned car someplace?
Any empty building nearby?

Farmworker's Village.

Looks like it has a lot of fields and greenery.

MAybe one of the other kids took him into the deeper fields or something like that?

And left him wandering?
It may be a child type thing?
You know how kids goof around and play Hide N Seek?

Maybe they did that and just are afraid to say what happened?

Praying for Adji's save return.

Thank you to those that are keeping everyone updated.

Hey, just checking in on this case. I, too, am broken hearted over this sweet little boy. Someone must know something. With a reward that large in what might be a low income section of town, makes me fear the worst. Let's hope a little angel somewhere guides Adji to safety. I wish we had more to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth