LKL - Thurs., 2/5/09 [Conway Guest On Show]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he's not saying is the A's no longer believe the "Zanny" defense & without that obvious ruse what is there? Nothing but this new "Fugitive" nonsense that he shouldn't attempt to address if he knows what's good for him & the A's.

How can anyone say that the A's want to be in the spotlight when it's the media camped out at their doorstep and chasing them around? They point their cameras and mics at Conway, so he responds. NG spends half her show talking about George, Cindy and Lee, rather than Casey or CAYLEE, when it's supposed to be about this little girl who was murdered. George's suicide attempt took up most of her time last week, along with JVM's show. It's the MEDIA keeping them in the spotlight, not the Anthonys.

I agree completely.

I also think that the As are aware of this and that he's distancing them from Casey in these subtle ways with their full support.

The family is now walking the very fine line of wanting justice for Caylee but also to spare Casey's life from the DP. They no longer have any intention of doing anything that will help Casey get off...but I can see where they'd want her life spared.

I think that's a bit optimistic!

How can anyone say that the A's want to be in the spotlight when it's the media camped out at their doorstep and chasing them around? They point their cameras and mics at Conway, so he responds. NG spends half her show talking about George, Cindy and Lee, rather than Casey or CAYLEE, when it's supposed to be about this little girl who was murdered. George's suicide attempt took up most of her time last week, along with JVM's show. It's the MEDIA keeping them in the spotlight, not the Anthonys.

Looks like Conway has called another presser for this afternoon....maybe another one about staying out of the media? :waitasec:

BC is not a publicist, he's the A's attorney and he can't do things without their consent. All they have to do is instruct him to behave with some dignity, not just talk about it, and respond with "No comment." They should do the same. They get into trouble because of the whole control thing, having their attorney announce they'll exclude anyone they want from the memorial, for example. It goes without saying they can do that, so why announce it? Just go quietly about your business, stop announcing your every move and petty thought, and you will look better than the avaricious press, etc. It's certainly worth a try. I have to think at this point they want to engage.

And have you figured out why that is yet? The demand is there for that kind of news. That's why you and I know these things about NG and JWM shows. The media is so diligently keeping them in the spotlight because we're all wanting to watch it. And we did.......didn't we?

Between these comments of BC and the comments of Linda Baden on the Today show (basically that although she hasn't seen the forensic evidence she knows it really doesn't show anything because it's not as scientific as we the idiot masses think it is), I think we're about to have a very interesting doc dump.

Yup, I think you might be right, BeanE. Maybe this one is going to have some real "bombshells" in it. I would like to add that I think today would be a glorious day for a doc. dump, as I am stuck home waiting for the plumber. Could someone please pass this opinion on to the powers that be :)

He wants them to be able to say what they want without being asked the hard questions IMO.

ITA. I think those hard questions are going to start coming after the service next week though. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a stunt as an excuse to delay it yet again.

Brad Conway is doing a very good job in helping the Anthonys during this tragedy. He's doing exactly what an attorney should be doing - looking out for his clients.

Brad Conway is doing a very good job in helping the Anthonys during this tragedy. He's doing exactly what an attorney should be doing - looking out for his clients.

He is not a psychiatrist, he is a criminal defence lawyer. Lawyers practise law. He says the As have done nothing wrong. So why do they even need him and why does he need to talk to the media 3 times a day if he is being honest that his clients want privacy?

I agree that we are seeing WAY too much of BC. I mean, I thought this guy was supposed to be their lawyer, not their PR guy.

He says they want privacy, then stay off of the TV, Mr. C. There isn't anything you've really released that is new or has really been of any importance, except for the date of the memorial and the terms to attend.

What else has he really said, we needed to know or cared about? Nothing.

I agree that we are seeing WAY too much of BC. I mean, I thought this guy was supposed to be their lawyer, not their PR guy.
He says they want privacy, then stay off of the TV, Mr. C. There isn't anything you've really released that is new or has really been of any importance, except for the date of the memorial and the terms to attend.

*bold mine

Well said, Tracey. ITA.

Like everyone here doesn't just love BC yakking to the press - we have whole threads about him and discuss him endlessly.

I think that's a bit optimistic!

I don't know, I think it's very realistic....now that the evidence is in I really can't imagine they want her to get off.

I think Casey knew she was right when she said that her mom would never forgive her.

I definitely can see that they still love Casey and hope her life will be spared. But get her off?? No, I can't see it at all.

Time will tell...

He actually IS their PR guy and happens to be a lawyer...

He is the offical family spokesperson.

ITA...and why another presser today? He's already issued about 10 statements this week and talked on tv numerous times, so what could possibly still be left that he needs a live presser for?

Like everyone here doesn't just love BC yakking to the press - we have whole threads about him and discuss him endlessly.

I can't stand him talking to the press...I am so sick of seeing him and don't care what he has to say, nor do I believe a word of it...he changes his stories as frequently as KC.

He's doing exactly what he should be doing - he's helping the family through the tragedy, he's speaking for them publicly, he seems to genuinely care about them and he's protecting them legally. If Mother Theresa was the Anthony lawyer, some people would despise her because she's "helping" the Anthonys and therefore "on their side."

IMO BC attempts to seperate GA and CA FROM KC every chance he gets. He has done this since taking on the attorney role for the A's. Me thinks he is a smart cookie in that regard. JMO.

ITA. My interpretation is "my clients love and support their daughter 100%. This is why the commited crimes to protect her"

He's doing exactly what he should be doing - he's helping the family through the tragedy, he's speaking for them publicly, he seems to genuinely care about them and he's protecting them legally. If Mother Theresa was the Anthony lawyer, some people would despise her because she's "helping" the Anthonys and therefore "on their side."

What do you think he is "protecting them legally" from?

And I assume when you say he is "protecting them legally' you are referring to the fact he has advised them to refuse to assist LE into the investigation of the murder of their granddaughter unless he can get them immunity?

He may be protecting them legally, but they have to continue to live well after KC receives her sentence, and I think it's going to be very hard for any community to accept people who tried to cover for someone who killed a baby.

Who has said that they commited crimes? They haven't been charged with anything,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.