Caylee Memorial 2-10-2009 #2

I thought it was a very nice service and hope it brought comfort to many people. David Uth did a great job, the songs were beautiful, and the video tribute to little Caylee was moving. George Anthony's words and recollection of the little things about Caylee moved me the most. Memorials are very personal and what brings closure and comfort to one family may not be the same for someone else, but I thought it was a wonderful tribute to a beautiful child who died too soon.

I thought I heard George mention his father and brother in law? Was his father there or Cindys brother Rick?

I thought I heard George mention his father and brother in law? Was his father there or Cindys brother Rick?

I heard him mention that his mother and father couldn't attend, and heard him mention that his brother-in-law was there. I took it to mean George's sister's husband, not Cindy's brother, Rick. Rick has a more slender build than the man that was seated with the family.

Cindy has 3 brothers, right? Maybe that was another brother and not Rick. He did kind of look like Rick, and he was sitting my Shirley.

There is a little boy I know of, only 6 years old, who has inoperable brainstem cancer. His time left on earth is short. He comes up with some of the most profound ideas. Here is his latest, as quoted by his mother on their website. I think it sums up Caylee's beautiful, short life perfectly.

"You know the thing about angels Mommy? 'What?', I replied. Well,God makes you then he puts little girls and boys on earth. 'Angels' without their wings. He watches you grow,how much you love God and how nice you are and your wings grow just a little. When you become everything He wanted you to be, you die and go to Heaven and then he gives you your full angel wings...and you get to keep them forever. "​

<snipped>
"I don't know what to think about how she seemed so happy talking as well. I felt so sad for that little girl and all the people there to grieve. I find the only 'appropriate one' was George. But that's just my 2cents."

I didn't get to watch it, but from seeing the difference in CA from her TV appearances to how she was breaking down in the jail videos, I believe she doesn't want/like to show her true sadness in public. Maybe she feels she needs to be the rock of the family right now.

<snipped>
"I think so too. They both kissed their fingers and touched the bear. So sad.

http://www.huggableurns.com/collecti..._keepsakes.htm "

Oh my :(

I never posted on this thread. Read it all the time. Thanks for all of the thought provoking posts. Anyhow, I just wanted to say that my heart is breaking for the Anthony's. I know that some would want to smack me for saying that but I just can't imagine and don't ever want to feel the pain they are going through. They not only lost their beautiful precious grandbaby, they also lost their DAUGHTER. Love know no bounds. I can not tell you that if I was in the same situation that I would not still stand there and defend my daughter. Casey was their little baby at one time.

The Anthony's have allot to deal with. And time does diminish the pain but it can NEVER MEND THEIR BROKEN HEARTS.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Anthony family/friends and anyone else who has been affected.

About CA holding it together at the funeral....I was 23 when my husband and nephew were killed in a car accident. I can tell you that I was an absolute mess, but when I got up to say a few words at my husbands funeral, I found this peace and strength that I did not have up until that point. I was able to get through it just fine. I held it together, even if for just those few minutes. It has been several years since their deaths and there are times that I will still break down and cry. I am not sure what it was about getting up in front of everyone, but I felt that I needed to say what needed to be said without falling apart. I needed to be strong and be able to speak and be heard. I did and I made it all the way back to my seat before the reality of what I had just done set in. I said a eulogy for my husband. I am sure that CA held it together for Caylee, for her family, and for herself.
The service was beautiful and I wish healing on the Anthony family and I hope that Caylee is enjoying her wings. RIP sweet angel baby and give my missing family a big hug for me. We will see you again soon.

I think Caylee's memorial was beautiful and very well put together. I'm going to believe that each person that spoke a word, meant everything they said, in the way that they said it. For George, Cindy and Lee to get up there and speak to everybody about Caylee, after all that they have been thru and will continue to have to go thru, it truely touched me. I cannot find fault in anything they said. Even with them mentioning Casey, it was the right thing to do. She is their family, even if she is responsible for what they are going thru. They can hold her responsible, and still love her, as their daughter and sister.

I wouldn't want to walk a minute in any of their shoes. I hope & pray that today begins the recovery process they all so desperately need right now :(

I thought the service was simply beautiful. I was very impressed with George and his eulogy. I never saw him so calm and at peace with himself. I could have done without the letters to KC or the Kidfinder's spiel, but all in all I think his hospitalization did him a world of good.

I think Caylee's memorial was beautiful and very well put together. I'm going to believe that each person that spoke a word, meant everything they said, in the way that they said it. For George, Cindy and Lee to get up there and speak to everybody about Caylee, after all that they have been thru and will continue to have to go thru, it truely touched me. I cannot find fault in anything they said. Even with them mentioning Casey, it was the right thing to do. She is their family, even if she is responsible for what they are going thru. They can hold her responsible, and still love her, as their daughter and sister.

I wouldn't want to walk a minute in any of their shoes. I hope & pray that today begins the recovery process they all so desperately need right now :(

:clap::clap::clap::clap: I agree with each and every word.

I think it was a very nice service. They did the best they can under the circumstances. My prayers are with them.

I did not get to see the entire service. I saw about 45 mins of it and then when I got home later I watched on CNN.com what Cindy, George and Lee said. I was amazed that they could get up and speak so well but I guess they have had time to prepare. My heart goes out to them all. In regards to Cindy smiling and not breaking down as much, IMO there isn't truly an "appropriate" way to act when grieving. Everyone reacts differently and there can be such a huge variance, even with how the same person reacts at different stages during their grieving. I want to thank you all for your commentaries on the service, it was so nice to read about the parts I missed. I would especially like to thank Egoslayer for the screenshots! Does anyone know if the videos of Caylee shown at the end of the service are online anywhere? I would love to see that. For those who missed NG, I saw that the noon show will be repeated at 4:30. Based on what I saw, I think it was a beautiful service and Caylee would be proud. I hope this has helped the A family.

You know, it's amazing that a day set to honor Caylee's memory has been so tarnished. I cannot imagine how Caylee would feel (or how her soul might feel) to hear her grandparents stand up, at her memorial, and talk about her murderer in such manner of affection and trust.

I guess I have always hoped that George and Cindy would come around, and start paying attention to the massive evidence in this case. After today; I am embarassed for Caylee. It's one thing to have been betrayed by your own mother, but now betrayed also by your Grandparents...the people left to be your voice.

Any soft spot I had for this family is severly diminished after their deliberate interjection of "Casey is innocent" crap today during Caylee's memorial. They have used this meaningful day as a platform for their daughter. I'm sickened.

George, Cindy, Lee......good luck with everything ahead. I will continue to pray for enlightenment for you.

My thoughts:

1. What an amazingly beautiful service. I am thankful to the Anthonys for finally sending Caylee off with such a lovely tribute.

2. I think that Caylee's cremains are likely in some jewelry now (which would explain GA's alleged upset about "picking out jewelry" and Cindy's mention of it at the memorial). To whoever sleuthed that out--right on! Maybe Casey is ticked about it (cremation) because she can't have jewelry in the jail...

3. Lee seemed angry to me when he was sitting in the pew but made a nice speech. I was holding it together until he started talking and then I started crying. Yikes.

4. I think his reference to "CMA" is Casey. I think his present tense references with it alude to that. Maybe he was referring to BOTH Casey and Caylee.

5. Then George had me crying. He did a really good job with his speech until the letter writing bit.

6. Cindy, eh, I feel for her. I could do without the Casey spin...but she loves Casey.

7. George's pain when he was sitting in the pew was PALPABLE.

8. I agree that prayers for Casey are a good thing. I'm sure Caylee loved Casey and would not want hate aimed at her mother on her memorial day.

I frankly *expected* them to mention Casey more and thus am not totally offended by it. You had to have known they would mention Casey. I'm surprised they did not have MORE Casey and Caylee pictures and video.

I don't think they think KC is a "murderer". Or at least for today, they wanted to remember KC only as their daughter. Just my 2cents

Snip- Does anyone know if the videos of Caylee shown at the end of the service are online anywhere? I would love to see that. For those who missed NG, I saw that the noon show will be repeated at 4:30. Based on what I saw, I think it was a beautiful service and Caylee would be proud. I hope this has helped the A family.

I haven't been able to watch much of the service yet so I'm not sure this is the same one you're looking for but I think that video is up separately on WFTV website? They seem to have the whole service along with a video of home footage of Caylee that was shown. Its about 3:30 long, one of the videos on the bottom of the page here.
http://www.wftv.com/video/18679741/index.html

It seemed more like a Beautiful 'staged production' IMO
CA has good taste with purple lighting etc, but come on
enough is enough........on kc.
Also not the turn out CA expected.
I think people knew what it would be like.
Very glad no protestors or interuptions.
Now when will CAYLEE be laid to rest?
and that code talk to CMA......not little CAYLEE, IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member