Was it Appropriate to mention Casey?

Was it appropriate to mention Casey?

• Yes, it was completely appropriate.

Votes: 102 20.0%
  • No, it was highly distasteful.

Votes: 261 51.2%
  • Maybe a little, but not as much as they did.

Votes: 147 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NO, they never should have mentioned the murderer's name, much less tries to elicit pen-pals for her.

I have no problem with them expressing their love for their daughter
who is behind bars and charged with the murder of their beautiful
grandchild but please don't tell us Casey loved her daughter and please
don't ask us to send her a note telling her we are thinking of her.

Right. It's pretty arrogant of us to think we are the all knowing ettiquette experts of what to do and say when your evil daughter kills your beautiful granddaughter.

True.

Casey will be alive and breathing, but they've lost Casey too.

IMO

I say yes. It is a church memorial for her daughter. Regardless of the case building against her, she is still Caylee's mother and CA & GA's daughter. If I had a family member in her position, I'd be praying for them every minute. There is no better place for her mention. Never underestimate the power of God. If anyone can mend the broken hearts, minds and spirits......
Clock's Tickin, :blowkiss:

I love the way you said, YES!

I thought the memorial was beautiful until they started speaking about KC. I thought that was very distasteful. We all know how they feel about her and that was not the time nor place to express it. Kc took everything away from Caylee, including a day that should have been all hers. The A's have a great way of making you feel sorry for them, and then as soon as you almost do, they pull some stunt like this to slap you back to reality.

:furious:This family is the epitome of bad taste and abhorrent behavior, plain and simple. They could have put an end to this a long time ago by telling the truth but they chose and still are choosing to lie and deceive...I can't wait until KC gets either the DP or LWOP...Preferably the DP...:furious:

Not appropriate for this thread, but it's called the Stockholm syndrome. We really don't know what Caylee felt, but if she did love her mother, that would explain it. Many abused persons do bond with their captors, doesn't mean the feelings are genuine.
We wouldn't be having this discussion about Scott Peterson at Laci's memorial service, nor OJ at Nicole Brown's memorial. I think it's a parallel situation.

I don't believe those are parallel situations at all. If Scott's parents had planned Laci's memorial it would have been ALL about Scott. OJ's family would have made it all about him. The Anthony's are in the horrible position of being family to both the victim and the murderer. It's not the same at all.

I don't feel one way or another about Casey being mentioned. I do feel Cindy saying she had THREE children was inappropriate.:rolleyes:

I haven't posted for a while, but I usually check in daily to see what is happening and I do want to say that last week I spent a sleepless night thinking about little Caylee and the Anthony family. I have gotten fed up with comments about Caylee's little body not being put to final rest, what is appropriate and what is not. Who are we (the public) to say what is right or wrong for this family?

I watched the memorial service today and was quite moved. I thought it was a beautiful service from beginning to end. I have attended similar services full of music and speaking, as well as short and to the point "ashes to ashes..."

I personally feel that it would have been wrong not to mention Casey, after all, she brought sweet Caylee into this world. I don't think it was over done or any attention was taken from Caylee. IMO it was a lovely service and I pray that it will bring peace and healing for the Anthony family.
Bold by me-

She also took her out...

I don't feel one way or another about Casey being mentioned. I do feel Cindy saying she had THREE children was inappropriate.:rolleyes:
Why?

I've seen countless posts where people are lamenting CA for supporting her child, saying her grandchild should come first. I don't have grandchildren, but if I did, I think I would love them like, and consider them my children!

Why?

I've seen countless posts where people are lamenting CA for supporting her child, saying her grandchild should come first. I don't have grandchildren, but if I did, I think I would love them like, and consider them my children!

I don't see anything wrong with her saying that either. And she didn't say she had (as in gave birth to) three children. She said God blessed her with three children. Should Caylee not be counted as a blessing?

I don't see anything wrong with her saying that either. And she didn't say she had (as in gave birth to) three children. She said God blessed her with three children. Should Caylee not be counted as a blessing?
Caylee was a blessing. Seeing Cindy and George pour their hearts out today was so sad. Being a parent is not only giving birth either. They are the ones who supported Caylee and tried to give her some stability while at the same time, regrettably allowing KC to be her "mother."

In my opinion, no.
Because of Casey, there was need to have a memorial service for Caylee.
She didn't deserve any mention at her vicitm's funeral.

I thought it was wrong to ask people to write letters to Casey, why did they have to do that at Caylees memorial, other than that from what I saw it was a beautiful service

It seemed a little inappropriate but if your child is hurting (assuming you believe that KC is capable of that), you want to do everything you can to make them feel better. Therefore, GA's plea is understandable if he thinks letters to KC will make her feel better.

It's not really our business is it? If your family (not talking to anyone specifically here) suffers a terrible tragedy you can decide what is appropriate for you. The Anthonys have that right too. Not our place to judge. They lost two. So they are never supposed to greive Casey?

that's what i say too

They can certainly support their daughter. But don't gather everyone using a memorial as a guise only to offer KC support. People were not there to support KC or to hear about how they should support KC. They were there to pay tribute to Caylee.

Exactly! KC brought on the reason for the memorial, why should she be mentioned. I bet that over 75% of the people who attended the memorial, believes that KC is guilty. They did not go to this memorial to hear about what they should do for KC but to honor the little girl that she killed....Caylee.

Exactly! KC brought on the reason for the memorial, why should she be mentioned. I bet that over 75% of the people who attended the memorial, believes that KC is guilty. They did not go to this memorial to hear about what they should do for KC but to honor the little girl that she killed....Caylee.

Gotta love the shamrock / cloverleaf pins. I bet most thought it was for good luck or to save for St. Patrick's Day.

I thought it was wrong to ask people to write letters to Casey, why did they have to do that at Caylees memorial, other than that from what I saw it was a beautiful service

George cannot help who he is. A nice guy. His limits have been stretched. People will not go into the same world with him, they lie to him, they make him do crazy stuff for which he does not know the real cause, let alone strategy. All for love. ?

I don't believe those are parallel situations at all. If Scott's parents had planned Laci's memorial it would have been ALL about Scott. OJ's family would have made it all about him. The Anthony's are in the horrible position of being family to both the victim and the murderer. It's not the same at all.

Good point Chilly: This is a bizarre situation. Actually, it's a Greek tragedy. I'm surprised at how we are all so quick to judge these people who are in one of the worst circumstances imaginable. And, I am included in that because I have judged as well.
Bottom line, this was their child, not ours. So, it was their memorial for her and they had a right to do what they wanted to at it. I think the only way they can stay sane is by holding on to their love for casey. I'll admit, it made me cringe to hear her mentioned, especially as compassionate, but I think it's how they survive. They love their grandbaby and they love their kid.
I didn't vote because my poll choice was not on their which would be whatever helps them through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back