Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurker here, just had to comment.

I'm originally from Ontario, Canada and that is what I would say.

Edit - though I can definately say that his current dialect is not Canadian. Not Michigan either - similar but more nasal on the vowels. He has a very distinctive way of saying the word 'thought.' Almost like Pittsburghese. I know that he was evaluated by a speech expert - I will go look for that info.
-----------------------------------------------------------
coffeelover: Nice to hear from you. Pittsburgh, huh? That is good to know. I do have the information the speech expert said. Thank you.
Keep posting, we need fresh eyes and ears.

My brother was born in 1954 and the pediatrician would not do the vaccination on him- because of skin rashes. I'm not sure how common it was for people to be excused from the vaccination. It was just a thought~ in regards to the vaccination mark being present or not on BK.

Have a great day!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
boys; As I remember it, we were lined up and had the vaccination.
My brother, born in 1949, had asmtha and skin rashes, got in line and did it also.
It would have been nice for him if they had asked him or our parents about his allergies. Maybe it was because your brother went to the pediatrician? Did you live in a large city?

The theory about the witness protection program is pretty intriguing.

I have to agree with dreamweaver- I also hope that Ben can find out who he is and have a good life from now on.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I know that FBI had ran his fingerprints through the witness protection program and it came up empty. But I also know that states have their own witness protection programs. I am not sure if the state has to link up with FBI or the Federal Marshall's.

The more I research about CODIS and AFIS, I find that, although these are great programs, they are limited by the information put into them. Some police departments have not been able to afford the computer software/hardware or have not been able to enter all the necessary data.
So, I hope they keep running BK's fingerprints.
I hope they get the results of the y-dna and m-dna, to see if there is any relationship link to BK.
Also, there was that driver's license facial recognition system they were going to run in Jan. 09. Wonder if they did?

boys; As I remember it, we were lined up and had the vaccination.
My brother, born in 1949, had asmtha and skin rashes, got in line and did it also.
It would have been nice for him if they had asked him or our parents about his allergies. Maybe it was because your brother went to the pediatrician? Did you live in a large city?

No, we lived in a little town. The pediatrician we all had (and our oldest had) was really 'up to the minute' as far as his practice went. Perhaps by 1954 it wasn't as big a threat as it had been earlier- allowing the doctor to avoid immunizing my brother?

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/training/smallpoxvaccine/reactions/ec_vac.html

This is a more recent article in regards to the vaccine and it's effect on persons with excema.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I know that FBI had ran his fingerprints through the witness protection program and it came up empty. But I also know that states have their own witness protection programs. I am not sure if the state has to link up with FBI or the Federal Marshall's.

The more I research about CODIS and AFIS, I find that, although these are great programs, they are limited by the information put into them. Some police departments have not been able to afford the computer software/hardware or have not been able to enter all the necessary data.
So, I hope they keep running BK's fingerprints.
I hope they get the results of the y-dna and m-dna, to see if there is any relationship link to BK.
Also, there was that driver's license facial recognition system they were going to run in Jan. 09. Wonder if they did?

How does the facial recognition system work? I mean more along the lines of does Colorado run him through a database to see if a license was issued here? Or is this a federally run recongnition system? (The last report I heard was that Colorado DMV was terribly behind in their everyday work and I don't know how quickly they'd get to it.)

http://www.infowars.com/interpol-details-plans-for-global-biometric-facial-scan-database/

http://www.infowars.com/new-york-dhs-introduce-enhanced-driver-license-for-border-crossing/
http://www.infowars.com/dmv-to-use-facial-recognition-software-in-oregon/
http://www.privacydigest.com/topics/biometrics
All very interesting articles. But does not seem to have the kinks worked out yet, much less the fact that some see it as an invasion of privacy issue.

But, I thought BK was to have the facial recognition software run for him in Jan. 09. But, no word on it and maybe it is delayed due to the glitches.

I found the information from the speech expert. I'd really love to have a second opionon on this. I have a strange interest in linguistics and I thought some of what she said was a bit contradictory. But perhaps it was because I just read the transcript? But there is quite a difference between what's called a Midland accent (lower midwest) and Southern (Texas, OK, etc), unless she was hearing a mix. Anyhow, I posted my first yesterday after only hearing one clip, now that I found another clip of him talking I'm not hearing Pittburgese (except perhaps on the one word).

BTW, I went through all the missing men from Ontario, since the beginning, from the Provincial Police's site and couldn't find anything that looked promising. There was just a couple of little things that had me thinking that perhaps he was originally from there (but moved to the US later in life). Still could be, but he's not officially missing from there.

Sorry I can't help much here, the nature of my job is such that I may be able to spend lots of time here one week, then I can't even read the board for a month.

Edit - saw a linguist specialit on TV a couple of years ago who had the ability to figure out where someone was from from their speech, within a very small number miles (almost down to the town). Been searching online for this guy but can't seem to find who this may have been.

It's really too bad that the investigation into the crime itself was so bungled and there was so little evidence. I wonder if anything could still be done in terms of a private detective, new police on the case etc. Obviously, working this case from the other angle - from the crime to Ben, would likely solve the mystery of his identity.

Is Ben the right age to have gone off the radar to avoid "the draft"? (Stupid question- sorry!)

I found the information from the speech expert. I'd really love to have a second opionon on this. I have a strange interest in linguistics and I thought some of what she said was a bit contradictory. But perhaps it was because I just read the transcript? But there is quite a difference between what's called a Midland accent (lower midwest) and Southern (Texas, OK, etc), unless she was hearing a mix. Anyhow, I posted my first yesterday after only hearing one clip, now that I found another clip of him talking I'm not hearing Pittburgese (except perhaps on the one word).

BTW, I went through all the missing men from Ontario, since the beginning, from the Provincial Police's site and couldn't find anything that looked promising. There was just a couple of little things that had me thinking that perhaps he was originally from there (but moved to the US later in life). Still could be, but he's not officially missing from there.

Sorry I can't help much here, the nature of my job is such that I may be able to spend lots of time here one week, then I can't even read the board for a month.

Edit - saw a linguist specialit on TV a couple of years ago who had the ability to figure out where someone was from from their speech, within a very small number miles (almost down to the town). Been searching online for this guy but can't seem to find who this may have been.

It's really too bad that the investigation into the crime itself was so bungled and there was so little evidence. I wonder if anything could still be done in terms of a private detective, new police on the case etc. Obviously, working this case from the other angle - from the crime to Ben, would likely solve the mystery of his identity.
--------------------------------------------------------------
As far as I know, FBI is involved, a private investigator is and a local Ga. police department as well.

Be nice if you can find that linguist expert who could pinpoint speech patterns down to a few miles.

Great that you have joined us.

Is Ben the right age to have gone off the radar to avoid "the draft"? (Stupid question- sorry!)
Not a stupid question.
We have discussed the draft extensively.
Since his fingerprints did not show up in the military, he was not in the service.
He is just the right age to have gone to Viet Nam.
But, there was a draft in those years. He may have had a 'good' number and did not have to register.
http://www.sss.gov/lotter1.htm the viet nam lotteries

http://www.landscaper.net/draft.htm 1969 draft for 19 yr olds.
BK probably 21 that year.

He could have been in college and exempted. He may have been 4F.
He may have ran off to Canada, that was the popular place in those years.
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/defenseandsecurity/a/canadadodgers.htm
Canada wants to build memorial for Viet Nam war draft dodgers who went to Canada.

Not a stupid question.
We have discussed the draft extensively.
Since his fingerprints did not show up in the military, he was not in the service.
He is just the right age to have gone to Viet Nam.
But, there was a draft in those years. He may have had a 'good' number and did not have to register.
http://www.sss.gov/lotter1.htm the viet nam lotteries

http://www.landscaper.net/draft.htm 1969 draft for 19 yr olds.
BK probably 21 that year.

He could have been in college and exempted. He may have been 4F.
He may have ran off to Canada, that was the popular place in those years.
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/defenseandsecurity/a/canadadodgers.htm
Canada wants to build memorial for Viet Nam war draft dodgers who went to Canada.

dreamweaver, you are a wealth of information! I am sorry, I must not have read about BK and the draft. I will go back and read more. Also, thank you for the links in regard to facial recognition.

Thank you so much for the links and information you have given here!
:blowkiss: Sincerely, Boyz_Mum

I may have posted this as a possibility earlier, but I'm not sure if it was addressed. On PorchlightUSA I read a great deal about the missing PA man named James Samuel Rapp. It appears that he went missing on July 12, 2004 after forging his daughter's name on several accounts amounting to about $30,000. to get out of financial difficulties. He was in the laundry and linen service as well as owning a marina for a time. His partners were his brother Jeff Rapp and his girlfriend Rita Getsay. It also said he suffered from migraines and was possibly suicidal at the time. He went missing in a brand new Chrysler PT Cruiser (not found). After much investigating the police believed that although his gun was missing and a will sent to his attorney, he may not actually be dead. His family had him declared dead to access his estate and clear up debts. In addition, after he disappeared a felony warrant was issued for his forgeries. It is possible he was never fingerprinted, however. He was listed as dob 12/8/47, 5'10" black hair, although it looks brownish in the old picture and with blue eyes. His weight was estimated about 190 lbs. If this looks like a match, should I call it in?

I may have posted this as a possibility earlier, but I'm not sure if it was addressed. On PorchlightUSA I read a great deal about the missing PA man named James Samuel Rapp. It appears that he went missing on July 12, 2004 after forging his daughter's name on several accounts amounting to about $30,000. to get out of financial difficulties. He was in the laundry and linen service as well as owning a marina for a time. His partners were his brother Jeff Rapp and his girlfriend Rita Getsay. It also said he suffered from migraines and was possibly suicidal at the time. He went missing in a brand new Chrysler PT Cruiser (not found). After much investigating the police believed that although his gun was missing and a will sent to his attorney, he may not actually be dead. His family had him declared dead to access his estate and clear up debts. In addition, after he disappeared a felony warrant was issued for his forgeries. It is possible he was never fingerprinted, however. He was listed as dob 12/8/47, 5'10" black hair, although it looks brownish in the old picture and with blue eyes. His weight was estimated about 190 lbs. If this looks like a match, should I call it in?

There is a thread on Rapp. In my opinion, he is not BK. Rapp has a scar on the chest and back. Benjaman Kyle doesn't have these scars.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78672
James Rapp thread

Theory:
Benjaman K was never in Georgia. He did not 'come down there to see the ocean.'
He was abducted somewhere else.
It was a home invasion robbery. They either forced him to strip or he was just out of a shower. He was beaten. They took him to get rid of evidence.
The abductors drove along the north/south main road or west/east main road.
They stopped after midnight, pulled off the hiway at Richmond Hill, Ga. They were not sure he was even alive and decided to just dump him next to the Burger King dumpster.
He had no one to report him missing.

I wondered about BK being found naked. I wondered why an attacker would leave someone that way. I found many articles. I googled about male victims found naked.:
The main reason a victim is naked is humiliation.
Because the attacker's enjoy making someone feel humilated.
or
Because the attacker's enjoy power over someone else.
The articles I read had to do with:
1. home invasion robberies, beaten, ordered to strip
2. car jackers who ordered person to stip, then shot or injured person
3. captured, forced to strip clothing, forced into trunk of a car, shot as ran away
4. robbed, ordered to undress, for $30.00
5. pimp who thought man was a police officer, ordered to strip to check for police wires.
I guess I am saying, forcing someone to strip naked, leaves that person vulnerable, feeling helpless. The attacker feels he is the one in control.

I wondered about BK being found naked. I wondered why an attacker would leave someone that way. I found many articles. I googled about male victims found naked.:
The main reason a victim is naked is humiliation.
Because the attacker's enjoy making someone feel humilated.
or
Because the attacker's enjoy power over someone else.
The articles I read had to do with:
1. home invasion robberies, beaten, ordered to strip
2. car jackers who ordered person to stip, then shot or injured person
3. captured, forced to strip clothing, forced into trunk of a car, shot as ran away
4. robbed, ordered to undress, for $30.00
5. pimp who thought man was a police officer, ordered to strip to check for police wires.
I guess I am saying, forcing someone to strip naked, leaves that person vulnerable, feeling helpless. The attacker feels he is the one in control.

I feel like this is highly possible.
I feel it is highly possible that whoever did this to BK may have had some damage also, leaving dna behind on BK clothes, is a reason he may have been stripped of his clothes, so they wouldn't get caught. (so it is likely possible that whoever did this to BK, has done this before and in the dna database)

QUOTE]

Snipped by me

You've piqued my curiosity so now I'm looking too. I did come across an interesting article on the topic of linguistic profiling associated with a PBS broadcast. http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/DARE/profiling/ A Roger W. Shuy is highlighted. I wonder if this is your guy or perhaps the links at the bottom of the article could lead to him.

I believe he would fall in that range, Boyz_Mum.
:wink: Is there really such a thing as a stupid question? :wink:

ETA... I see dreamweaver already responded with a wonderfully succinct and info filled answer. I, too, thank you dreamweaver!

Theory:
Benjaman K was never in Georgia. He did not 'come down there to see the ocean.'
He was abducted somewhere else.
It was a home invasion robbery. They either forced him to strip or he was just out of a shower. He was beaten. They took him to get rid of evidence.
The abductors drove along the north/south main road or west/east main road.
They stopped after midnight, pulled off the hiway at Richmond Hill, Ga. They were not sure he was even alive and decided to just dump him next to the Burger King dumpster.
He had no one to report him missing.

bold by me
It's always nagged me that the motel (Holiday Inn, I think) is right beside the Burger King. IIRC from maps, to get in to the motel parking lot you have to use the same entrance drive/road as the one to go into the Burger King lot. Since the police work started and ended, in my opinion, so poorly its always in the back of my mind that he was perhaps a registered guest of that motel.

Thinking out loud: if the attacker/s were employed at the motel or associated with an employee... perhaps a missing guest, a ransacked room, etc. would never have been reported.

You've piqued my curiosity so now I'm looking too. I did come across an interesting article on the topic of linguistic profiling associated with a PBS broadcast. http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/am...ARE/profiling/ A Roger W. Shuy is highlighted. I wonder if this is your guy or perhaps the links at the bottom of the article could lead to him

Yes, I think that's him!!I also think the show I saw was on PBS. I'll read up on him and see if what I remember is the case (that he can identify people to within a certain area). If anyone else want's to do it - feel free. Even if it is - could he help Benjaman, I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member