FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone splain that to me. Someone took her then they didn't but she is missing. What I am not getting here. They don't believe that a stranger took her but somebody did. :banghead: She's cooperation but they still don't know anything or Misty just doesen't have the answers the want?. :confused:

I was hoping it could be explained to me! I saw and listened with my own eyes and ears and am confused.
will anything about this whole thing ever makes sense????

I have wondered if maybe that is why no one has been publicly singled out as a suspect or charged. Until they are charged with something, LE can ask all the questions they want, but once they arrest someone, that person is entitled to free legal counsel.
I think that there is a lot more that LE knows than they are letting on. I just think they are waiting and letting their person hang themselves.

I think she was scared to death - of Ron. She's barely 17 and these are not her babies. IMO - she doesn't have the instincts that a mother would have to get the he!! out. She may have been looking for Haleigh or getting rid of something she didn't want LE to find or really just didn't know what to do. If they were dealing drugs, it would explain why RC immediately assumed someone took his child as opposed to her just wandering away. That just doesn't sit right with me.

I agree, b/c she is not a mother, those instincts did not kick in. Maybe self-preservation (i.e. hide the drugs, whatever) but I would have reacted entirely differently. This reminds me of the McCann case, so much emphasis on the locked door, cuddle cat, etc... WEIRD.

I was hoping it could be explained to me! I saw and listened with my own eyes and ears and am confused.
will anything about this whole thing ever makes sense????

i think LE is either totally clueless about this case or they know a lot and are building a case and will arrest someone(s) fairly soon. one extreme or another......

Well, the difference between "missing" and "abducted" is clear. Lets start there...
scary..... If not abducted, not taken. but still missing.

Are we even sure that Misty really had a phone to call 911? I know earlier there was discussion of whether there were ever really 2 phones in that house or if Ron had the only one.

well on the 911 call transcript dad days "where's my f'ing phone" so I figure there must have been at least 2 or he was just spewing lies by saying that.

on greta just now, said reclassified from abduction to endagered missing child??? LE says they made mistake and always should have called it that. Also, when asked why LE keeps going back to MIsty, they answered because they still don't have all the answers they want. Greta asked reporter what does that mean, reporter said LE says it's not because she ins't cooperating (she and all fam are), but too many pieces not fitting still. Huh.

What is the difference? Come on I mean really WTF is the difference? This child is missing and LE is playing semantics with us? People wanting to help, search, need more information, tell us where to look, tell us where to start anything, we will help....throw us a bone, OMG we will do whatever to assist you in finding this beautiful child but we have to have some decent information.....

2 things to throw out there...
1) Cinder blocks are usually readily available in a trailer park. You can see them scattered all over the place.

2) Did the little boy go to pre-school? If not did Misty have the responsibility of watching him all day too while RC slept?

well on the 911 call transcript dad days "where's my f'ing phone" so I figure there must have been at least 2 or he was just spewing lies by saying that.

Or he could be like other controlling men and expect her to find it and bring it to him.

i think the 3pm to 3am workshift was brought up by the bio mom. i tend to think that she probably doesn't really know the exact times (if he did work the same hours everyday).

i think he worked from 4:30pm to 3:00am with a 1/2hr lunch for a 10hr shift.

or, from 4:00pm to 3:00am with a one hour lunch for a 10hr shift.

i am basing this on nothing.

If misty had called from a landline phone wouldn't the 911 operater be able to track the address from that? I know with a cellphone it is hard to track location but I thought with a landline it automatically shows up? I am not sure on that though. But I know my dad accidentally hit the emergency button on his phone once and the cops were the in seconds. So if the operater had to ask for the address would that mean she was on a cell. It still don't explain if it was her cell or Ron's.

I am a bit behind in reading. can someone tell me Misty's cousins name that molested her? I think I heard on geraldo that he molested misty but havent seen it in print. Is the cousin the missing RSO? Thanks in advance.

NCIC definition of endangered is this

Endangered: A person of any age who is missing and under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety is in danger. (e.g., abductions by stranger or family)

So I am not understanding why the change in classification?

If misty had called from a landline phone wouldn't the 911 operater be able to track the address from that? I know with a cellphone it is hard to track location but I thought with a landline it automatically shows up? I am not sure on that though. But I know my dad accidentally hit the emergency button on his phone once and the cops were the in seconds. So if the operater had to ask for the address would that mean she was on a cell. It still don't explain if it was her cell or Ron's.

I know they can trace location and phone number from a call to 911, but they still ask...I don't know the reason for that.
Every time I have had to call 911, they have asked me my address.
(BTW, I'm not an alarmist, but we live near a drug house and I have found a lot of people passed out in my yard. For a while there we were calling Emergency Services every couple weeks.)

I have wondered if maybe that is why no one has been publicly singled out as a suspect or charged. Until they are charged with something, LE can ask all the questions they want, but once they arrest someone, that person is entitled to free legal counsel.
I think that there is a lot more that LE knows than they are letting on. I just think they are waiting and letting their person hang themselves.
ITA - and I'm willing to even go as far as to say that LE (and FBI) have an "in box" where they are continuing to stack up charge over charge for person over person here. Drugs, illegal "shacking up", child negligence, more drugs, underage drinking, contributing to deliquency of a minor(s), and on and on and on. That is why I think they (LE) are being so quiet - maybe every person they look at, they find something "else" illegal and find they are going to have to charge them with.

I think by the time this is over - half the d@mn town is going to be arrested! KWIM?

Or he could be like other controlling men and expect her to find it and bring it to him.

what I was trying to say if the minor child gf has a phone and is talking to 911 and daddy is heard saying in the background "where's my f'ing phone" and he knows minor child gf is using "his" phone for the call, he is spewing lies. but all this will come out because 911 has a record of what phone was used. it is either there is only 1 phone and daddy was spewing lies or there are at least 2 and minor child gf had one for the 911 call and he did not know where his was.

Yea. As a mom, I try to put myself in her position and I'm pretty sure if I was in a trailer in the woods by myself, I would grab a weapon, my phone, the other kid, and hide in the closet while I called police. Then again, I might start screaming my head off and running around madly trying to find the missing child.

There are so many "normal" ways to act when you find your child missing out of their bed. Misty did not act normal, we can tell that for sure. But could it be because she is not their mom? Or was it normal for Haleigh to wander the house at night? Or was she under the influence of something that caused her judgment and reactions to be muted. She comes across as someone who cares for children. On various people's MySpace's, I saw tons of pictures of her with her nieces and nephews, it is obvious that she does have experience with children and enjoys them. I cannot see her purposefully harming Haleigh.

I know that I wouldn't hang around in that trailer for even 5 minutes with the back door still open and the front door closed up. I'd check the time, shut the back door and bolt lock it, and open the front door, but leave the screen locked in case I had to run out it quickly. Then I'd call police and I'd also be looking out windows to see if any vehicles were in the area, and get the gun if one were in the home. I'd also hide the sleeping boy in the closet or something while I searched the house for Hayleigh.

ITA - and I'm willing to even go as far as to say that LE (and FBI) have an "in box" where they are continuing to stack up charge over charge for person over person here. Drugs, illegal "shacking up", child negligence, more drugs, underage drinking, contributing to deliquency of a minor(s), and on and on and on. That is why I think they (LE) are being so quiet - maybe every person they look at, they find something "else" illegal and find they are going to have to charge them with.

I think by the time this is over - half the d@mn town is going to be arrested! KWIM?

Either half the town will be in lock up or half the town will have rolled over on the other half to get lighter sentences. Before long, no one will be speaking to anyone else.

i think she went outside when ron pulled up to tell him haleigh was gone. i think he gave her his cellphone and told her to cal 911. at some point he said "where is my phone?" or "give me my phone?" because he said "he had better people to talk to than someone that isn't coming." i assume he wanted to call his family or something.

i'm pretty sure 911 has your address when you call from a landline. they might still ask for it to verify or makesure it's not a prank, but they have it. i'm guessing misty callled ron from their landline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23