TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized something, it is a TOS violation to talk about emailing each other off the board. I know we are doing it because of the Bs, but we need to delete those posts so we don't put the Mods in a situation of having to spank us for something innocent!

:blowkiss:

So let's delete those posts, kay?

I had contacted Kathy via pm to offer to submit the story to the same media outlets Kimster has contacted-great job Kimster! Let's see what interest her contacts stir up in the girls case.

Have the police reports ever been requested and reviewed? I am fairly certain that family can request to review them-you may be restricted from copying them, but you could take notes on a timeline of searches, interviews and the like....I for one would love to see them!

This was just posted on the Topix board and its so good that I wanted to share it here:

"I just recently came upon this story and I am utterly appalled at the sheer lack of professionalism on behalf of the local police department. I have also contacted CNN, and will be contacting other various news oulets and any political officials who need to be debriefed on the ineptitude of the investigation thus far. This family deserves answers. We should be able to entrust that law enforcement will rally in support of a family who has two beloved members missing, and to provide the hardwork and dedication needed to bring justice to the innocent, Jennifer and Adrianna."

http://www.topix.com/forum/county/robertson-tn/TBVI2C7G5C1IJBLON/p187#lastPost

I had contacted Kathy via pm to offer to submit the story to the same media outlets Kimster has contacted-great job Kimster! Let's see what interest her contacts stir up in the girls case.

Have the police reports ever been requested and reviewed? I am fairly certain that family can request to review them-you may be restricted from copying them, but you could take notes on a timeline of searches, interviews and the like....I for one would love to see them!

I agree! Kathy? Lucy? Can we get them?

I agree! Kathy? Lucy? Can we get them?
I do know for sure that Kathy has extensive notes and things related to the case. I had suggested that everyone involved create a timeline recently with their own individual movements and conversations. Joe originally agreed and had me snowed somewhat only to refuse to do it in the end. He really seems toi enjoy that. I do know that we had some conversations regarding phone records and Joe claimed he asked the detective for copies and was refused. I am sure Kathy will be willing to provide anything she can get her hands on. I think some fresh eyes on the documents could be a huge step forward. I will let Kathy make the call to Det Bennett since she would be more likely to get them due to relation. What are your thoughts on contacting some of the people who are advocates for missing persons that have had success in getting media attention to see if they have any contacts?

Lucy, I'm not familiar with anyone in missing persons other than the big names...Klaas, Walsh, etc.

I was just on Topix again and was shocked at the immediate defense taken by some. Are they family members of the Bs?

Yes, I want to get those LE documents. FOR SURE. A new set of eyes might be just what is needed!

EveryoneCatsInBag.gif

To those who felt compelled to write the media and think of ways to solve this case! Also, thank you for those who posted on Topix! And even those who have taken the time to pop in and see what is going on! I noticed this thread is getting a lot of hits and I know it means the world to our Kathy, mother to Jennifer and grandmother to little Adrianna. :blowkiss:

Just came to this thread for the first time. I can't believe this. Jennifer and Adrianna deserve justice. I really can't believe nothing has happened.

Lucy, I'm not familiar with anyone in missing persons other than the big names...Klaas, Walsh, etc.

I was just on Topix again and was shocked at the immediate defense taken by some. Are they family members of the Bs?

Yes, I want to get those LE documents. FOR SURE. A new set of eyes might be just what is needed!
The only players I know for sure is me(lucyintn) but sometimes they think it is hilarious to hijack my login and post as me. Kathy is Mimi of course. JoeBenton is Joe. Amy is his daughter. JennsFriend is a real person trying to help, her name is Leslie and she lives in Washington now. Anyone else you should probably suspect is Joe or one of the members of his family. A few months back he was posting as Shirly and forgot to switch back to his Joebenton login before he starting posting that he wasn't shirly! I really enjoyed that one! He is entertaining. Honestly I do feel sorry for some of his family members. A few of them seem sincere in the fact that they care about Jenn and Nina and want to know what happened to them but simply can't imagine anyone in their family being involved. Must be a really hard place to be. One way to tell when Joe is posting under another name is the grammar, not everyone from TN is unable to sound literate. What is really sad is that in this county you can ask 10 people if they know who Jenn and Nina are or if they know about the missing girls and literally about 8 of them do not know anything about the girls disappearance. I hope to change that soon with the prayer day.

I was thinking of maybe someone you might see on TruTV that has been able to get media coverage and has shown an interest in helping others. Like maybe Carrie Culbersons mother. It would have to be someone who it would not upset, someone who was very vocal about helping victims families. Also it would be easiest to get information to someone who is not nationally known and has a million requests. I am sure Kathy can think of someone she has met through all the organizations she is in. I will ask her. It is so overwhelming to look at the missing persons sites and see how many there are still missing. I think I will go home and kiss my three boys a few extra times tonight. :banghead:

This was just posted on the Topix board and its so good that I wanted to share it here:

"I just recently came upon this story and I am utterly appalled at the sheer lack of professionalism on behalf of the local police department. I have also contacted CNN, and will be contacting other various news oulets and any political officials who need to be debriefed on the ineptitude of the investigation thus far. This family deserves answers. We should be able to entrust that law enforcement will rally in support of a family who has two beloved members missing, and to provide the hardwork and dedication needed to bring justice to the innocent, Jennifer and Adrianna."

http://www.topix.com/forum/county/robertson-tn/TBVI2C7G5C1IJBLON/p187#lastPost
Hi Kimster,

I posted as "Justice" on the topix thread today, I am thrilled you found my statement worth quoting on this thread. I have visited Websleuths quite a few times since January, but just registered last week, and this is my first post (I hope I do this right). I have already emailed quite a few media outlets and have started getting my list together of District 19 governmental officials and state representatives to write and inquire about the lack of action by the local police officials. I am originally a Tennessee gal and have lots of family in Middle Tennessee still, my Great Grandfather was actually a minister in Robertson County, so finding this thread last week really hit me close to home. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help Kathy, I love to write, so know I will email or write letters to whomever I need to.

Have emailed the story idea to CNN.com & the Nancy Grace show. Will contact some of the other media outlets that have been mentioned previously on this thread too...i.e., Tru TV, Issues with JVM. The more requests to cover this story these news outlets get, the better.
Kimster,I must say that one of the things that lead me here earlier was your websleuths signature. Maybe we should all link this thread in our posts on other ws threads. What do you think?

The search did happen this past July........BUT.......after leading Brad with Klaas Kids and Bob with Laura Recovery to believe that he would allow a search of his property........he (joe benton) pulled his consent when everyone actually got here and were prepared to search. They spent the weekend doing searches of the surrounding properties, the area where the boyfriend told he dropped them off that night and other areas that a couple of people in the community came forward and gave them information of some kind on. There were about eight dogs and about 40 volunteers on the search. The volunteers were only family and friends of the family and ONE person from the community. The sheriff's office offered no assistance at all and were not hospitable to the search teams that had traveled a long way, at all. I was embarrassed for them!

OMG...how terrible about the search. More indications of trying to hide something. Innocent people don't do that IMHO.

Kathy,
I wanted to ask about something I read about the case (think it was on Topix) in which someone was posting that a drunken JB (Jenn's boyfriend) has said he killed the girls. Has anyone come forward to LE that might have overheard this? Also, there was discussion (again on Topix I think) that the night after the girls went missing there was a bonfire on the homestead where they had been staying & it was reported that a carseat was burned in it. Do you know anything about that? If the girls didn't have the carseat that might be a good indication that they didn't leave. These reports from witnesses of suspicious behavior/statements by JB could help to lead the investigation. Don't you have a relative (maybe a nephew) that was friendly with JB? Has he been helpful in trying to resolve the mystery of the girl's disappearance & what was going on?

OMG...how terrible about the search. More indications of trying to hide something. Innocent people don't do that IMHO.

Kathy,
I wanted to ask about something I read about the case (think it was on Topix) in which someone was posting that a drunken JB (Jenn's boyfriend) has said he killed the girls. Has anyone come forward to LE that might have overheard this? Also, there was discussion (again on Topix I think) that the night after the girls went missing there was a bonfire on the homestead where they had been staying & it was reported that a carseat was burned in it. Do you know anything about that? If the girls didn't have the carseat that might be a good indication that they didn't leave. These reports from witnesses of suspicious behavior/statements by JB could help to lead the investigation. Don't you have a relative (maybe a nephew) that was friendly with JB? Has he been helpful in trying to resolve the mystery of the girl's disappearance & what was going on?

I recall this moment on Topix as well, and thought that a Lt from the State Police posted that he wanted to be contacted by the poster....you have to believe that this is the kind of break LE is looking for in order to be able to get a search warrant with no restrictions...

WOW! I just got in from work and see you WS angels have been at work! I'm going to try and catch up..............

Believe09..........I sent you a PM back, hope that you got it......thanks to all of you for writing media outlets and trying to get the girls case aired, hopefully the more they hear about it they will get curious and want to check into their case.

I have copies of the original police reports, the night they were reported missing.......other than that, LE will not release to me or anyone, they tell me that they are part of an ongoing investigation and they cannot share them with anyone. I have no solid proof of any interviews ever done......I know that they never "officially" interviewed me, my other daughters or my sister who was the last person outside the benton family to speak with them.

EveryoneCatsInBag.gif

To those who felt compelled to write the media and think of ways to solve this case! Also, thank you for those who posted on Topix! And even those who have taken the time to pop in and see what is going on! I noticed this thread is getting a lot of hits and I know it means the world to our Kathy, mother to Jennifer and grandmother to little Adrianna. :blowkiss:

You are right.....it does mean the world to me to come in from work and find that Jennifer and Adrianna's thread has so much activity! Thank you, all of you.........you have no idea!!!! It really warms my heart.......

The only players I know for sure is me(lucyintn) but sometimes they think it is hilarious to hijack my login and post as me. Kathy is Mimi of course. JoeBenton is Joe. Amy is his daughter. JennsFriend is a real person trying to help, her name is Leslie and she lives in Washington now. Anyone else you should probably suspect is Joe or one of the members of his family. A few months back he was posting as Shirly and forgot to switch back to his Joebenton login before he starting posting that he wasn't shirly! I really enjoyed that one! He is entertaining. Honestly I do feel sorry for some of his family members. A few of them seem sincere in the fact that they care about Jenn and Nina and want to know what happened to them but simply can't imagine anyone in their family being involved. Must be a really hard place to be. One way to tell when Joe is posting under another name is the grammar, not everyone from TN is unable to sound literate. What is really sad is that in this county you can ask 10 people if they know who Jenn and Nina are or if they know about the missing girls and literally about 8 of them do not know anything about the girls disappearance. I hope to change that soon with the prayer day.

Lucy answered this on very good! You could basically assume that most any poster that you see on topix that does not support looking for Jennifer and Adrianna are either joe or a family member, and it is my opinion that it is mostly joe........

I was thinking of maybe someone you might see on TruTV that has been able to get media coverage and has shown an interest in helping others. Like maybe Carrie Culbersons mother. It would have to be someone who it would not upset, someone who was very vocal about helping victims families. Also it would be easiest to get information to someone who is not nationally known and has a million requests. I am sure Kathy can think of someone she has met through all the organizations she is in. I will ask her. It is so overwhelming to look at the missing persons sites and see how many there are still missing. I think I will go home and kiss my three boys a few extra times tonight. :banghead:

I'll email a couple of people that I know who are family members of missing persons and see if they have any ideas or contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj