sticker books, scrapbooks and trophies

Interesting theory, OP, of Caylee as a sort of human sticker book.

I have felt from the beginning that Casey regarded her daughter as no more than a pet, to be dressed up and paraded around like a poodle to gain herself attention.

I believe the pet was "put to sleep" when its care and feeding grew to be too much of a bother, and the remains deposited in the pet cemetary. I really don't believe Casey feels any more remorse about the loss of her daughter than some people would feel about the loss of an annoying cat, put down in private, but with a public story that it must have run off or been taken by someone else.

Or, perhaps she looked at her beautiful child, now dead with duct tape over her head and mouth, and she looked stark and ugly in death. The sticker was handy, and without much other thought, KC stuck it on the duct tape to lessen the visual impact, and thought about it no more.

Being that it was KC, I think there was no actual thought given to any meaning for the sticker.

I tend to believe that the sticker was to make her feel better. To take the ugliness of the duct tape away. I don't believe she regrets anything, other than getting caught.

The pictures with all the hearts on them, from her photobook that were updated after Caylee's death, would tie into your daughter's theory as somewhat of a digital scrapbook or a picture trophy. I can see that.

I still think it was applied for the benefit of others. I believe KC thought Caylee would be found much sooner. I think she half expected to get panicked calls from home about LE finding Caylee before her Mother tracked her down. She would've played the outraged victim "What has Zanny done to my baby!" Who knows what else she may have planted to give it that made for Hollywood feel--the tape, the sticker, the blanket, the plastic horse, the book.....
But then the call never came. It all just went away. Till CA&GA picked up the car and KC never had the chance to be the outraged victim as she'd told nobody of Caylee's "danger"-then she had to really fly by the seat of her pants.

I think you and I are the only ones out of thousands that think that way lol

Nope, I'm one that thinks that way, too.

I know that 90% of the people following this case are outraged over the heart sticker on the duct tape, and I just can't see it. For all we know, that sticker could have been in the trash bag and somehow got planted on the duct tape with the moving around she did with it. But IF she placed it there, I think it was just something she did without thinking.

As to the OP, I don't see what serial killers have to do with this case at all. Casey is not a serial killer.

With the news of the sticker, there was an image from KC's computer that was brought very vividly back to my mind, along with the other images played with at the same time. It is the dark and glowing image of a wooded area with a shodowy figure in the middle with the word "love" over top. Can't seem to locate it at the moment......

~Khaki

I think you and I are the only ones out of thousands that think that way lol

It's not the same as agreeing with you, Jane (may I call you Jane? :crazy:), but I am certainly willing to consider the possibility.

I also don't think Casey kept any real 'trophies'... except for all of the 'mother-of-the-year' posed pictures that she had. It would be easy for her to look at all of those pictures and pretend that she would never hurt Caylee.

(Oh, and hi! I'm new! :) )

Welcome Shalya, if you read the Jesse transcripts you'll find ih the days following Caylee's demise, KC had dumped hundreds of photos of Caylee from her MySpace/Facebook and photobucket accounts.

I think the States Psychologist is going to have a field day with this in court as KC not only removed Caylee from her life but she symbolically removed memory of her also.

I still think it was applied for the benefit of others. I believe KC thought Caylee would be found much sooner. I think she half expected to get panicked calls from home about LE finding Caylee before her Mother tracked her down. She would've played the outraged victim "What has Zanny done to my baby!" Who knows what else she may have planted to give it that made for Hollywood feel--the tape, the sticker, the blanket, the plastic horse, the book.....
But then the call never came. It all just went away. Till CA&GA picked up the car and KC never had the chance to be the outraged victim as she'd told nobody of Caylee's "danger"-then she had to really fly by the seat of her pants.

I think this theory is more likely than most, as KC prepared herself to be the grieving mother who would then bravely go on, but never prepared herself to be the mother of a missing child therefore couldn't play on for LE. Her lack of emotion and any human feeling while Caylee was "missing" except for her own inconvenience is pretty obvious to everyone.

With the news of the sticker, there was an image from KC's computer that was brought very vividly back to my mind, along with the other images played with at the same time. It is the dark and glowing image of a wooded area with a shodowy figure in the middle with the word "love" over top. Can't seem to locate it at the moment......

~Khaki

If you are still looking....I saw it in the crime scene photo's thread if I am not mistaken. Someone did a side by side of this "LOVE" pic next to one of the crime scene photo's they look a lot alike. Sorry I don't know how to link:)

Nope, I'm one that thinks that way, too.

I know that 90% of the people following this case are outraged over the heart sticker on the duct tape, and I just can't see it. For all we know, that sticker could have been in the trash bag and somehow got planted on the duct tape with the moving around she did with it. But IF she placed it there, I think it was just something she did without thinking.

As to the OP, I don't see what serial killers have to do with this case at all. Casey is not a serial killer.

Hi ,TxLady2. Investigators seem to think the sticker was intentionally placed on the duct tape:

"While processing the duct tape at the FBI lab in Quantico, the latent print unit noticed residue in the perfect shape of a heart. The heart was not hand drawn and residue appeared to be consistent with the adhesive side of a heart shaped sticker. It appears that the sticker was put on the duct tape intentionally..."

p. 3168

I think people are discussing the mindset of Casey when comparing her to serial killers.

Mumsy has found what appears to be a big plastic bin of large heart stickers in the Anthony's garage. Please check out her post (#1438) on page 58 of the List Questions and Answers for Members #5 thread.

If these are actually stickers, their location could mean that Casey saw them either as she was looking for the duct tape or/or moving Caylee in and out of the trunk. Then, on impulse she added one to the package she had made of Caylee. :furious:

Mumsy has found what appears to be a big plastic bin of large heart stickers in the Anthony's garage. Please check out her post (#1438) on page 58 of the List Questions and Answers for Members #5 thread.

If these are actually stickers, their location could mean that Casey saw them either as she was looking for the duct tape or/or moving Caylee in and out of the trunk. Then, on impulse she added one to the package she had made of Caylee. :furious:

Wow, it's definitely a box with visible hearts in or on it!!!!

Thank you for all us sometimers. I didn't realize I had sumtimers disease until I was bombarded with so many facts in this case. Going to the post now! :)

can you link this? I can't find it :(

There was a discussion about this earlier on one of the crime scene threads when the picture first came out you might want to go look at it.

Hi,
THe link to this slideshow pic is #33 in the following link

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18548288/detail.html

What a great find! There seemed to be so many in that container. This brings me wanting to look at both KC & Caylee's bedroom to compare them to the before and after pics shown in CA's interview. Ther hasn't been a big discussion on the quilted letter found with Caylee's body. In one of the interviews CA did it showed I believe quillted letters crafted tgether to spell Caylee's name. These were proudly hung over what CA called her craft project after Caylee's birth. I believe they were a light green yellow plaid design. I'm wondering if this quilted lettering were remnants of that project? This is just something to chew on. I do think it's time to compare pictures of Caylee's & KC rooms from all pictures we have saved at W/S. I'm in teeth pain, does anyone want to post these pics for me? I know it's alot to ask but after the pics of the containers it makes me want to slueth to see what we may have miss in the life and times of Caylee in that home enviroment.

I don't think the sticker was placed to send a message. Ithink it was an impulsive act of mild affection after the fact, like, "so sorry, you've got to go now- mommy has other things she needs to do." I don't understand it, but something about the detail of the sticker disturbed me in a visceral way, more than any other thing I had seen about Casey. I also believe that it is possible that GA was sent over the edge by this detail. It's just horrifying.

bumping this in light of today's (2/18/09) doc dump info...very interesting that KC DID scrapbook, etc..CNN tv reporting today and showing scrapbook pages photographed by LE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back