2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are surely not suggesting he go to work?

He is a crane operator, not exactly a low risk job. I would not want my husband's life in the hands of a very distracted crane operator if he worked in the same plant. There is no way they should allow him back to work.

There is also no reason he shouldn't still be getting a check. It has only been a couple of weeks. Sick time, vacation time, and family emergency leave should more than cover a couple of weeks.

The 3pm presser is LE...they have one everyday at that time. But YES I hope we get some new infooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Because they are focusing on the family. New lead, Misty and Ron get drug back in. New tip Misty and Ron get drug back in. Misty and Ron...stories change, LE won't say they passed polygraph. Won't release their house back to em'........all roads point back to them...IMO.

This is just my opinion too, tehcloser. LE cannot get past them..........

I am suspicious of Ronald and Misty and wouldn't send one dime to help a person that I suspect knows exactly what happened to Haleigh!

Donations for TES - the professional searchers, yes. A donation for a reward for finding Haleigh, yes. Anything else at this point - an emphatic no.

I didn't see the press conference but I have to chime in here. Ron is right, as long as he is telling LE everything, his family issues are none of our business and public outing of the issues will not help to find Haleigh. It warms my heart that his community is donating money to help his family pay bills and support themselves while they search for Haleigh. I am sure many of us know what it is like to live paycheck to paycheck and Ron can not return to work now. Would you if your child were missing? Me either.

Pray that the kidnapper has a change of heart and drops Haleigh off at a hospital, Walgreen's, Wal-Mart - whatever. Keep thinking about Elizabeth Smart and how she was found after 9 months. Miracles happen everyday. Pray for one here.

He is a crane operator, not exactly a low risk job. I would not want my husband's life in the hands of a very distracted crane operator if he worked in the same plant. There is no way they should allow him back to work.

There is also no reason he shouldn't still be getting a check. It has only been a couple of weeks. Sick time, vacation time, and family emergency leave should more than cover a couple of weeks.

true! He should still have a check.

Still everyone - donations from churches in the counties near them should be more than enough to support them. May not pay for any child support for his other children but enough for them to keep their lights on and food each day.
No need to go on a national level & use the media to ask for money. my2cents

PS: as a Canadian new to living in the USA, I'm not sure how it works here but - wouldn't he have benefits at work to help him while he's gone? Temporary disability, etc? I think they could do something like that so he could still get some money?

Yeah, Ron "I dont do media anymore" Cummings wanted to do one without LE's involvement. He seems a lil bitter that he is being kept in the dark. "Ask the detectives, ask the detectives, ask the detectives" He must have said that 20 times...

Yeah, he's not very media savvy, that's for sure. Actually he comes across as not that bright. He first thanked the media, then seemed to resent them more with every question. Anyone who had been briefed (which I assumed he was on some level) would have been more prepared and not get angry and basically be a little more articulate about what he thought was relevant to finding Haleigh.

I really want the afternoon presser from LE to give us some details but I have a feeling we are going to hear little to nothing!

Now, this is just me but...

If my husband and I were going through this (and even if we weren't married, just boyfriend and girlfriend) and he were taken to the police department for more questioning, I would be there as well.

If Ron "believes Misty is telling the truth" and is standing beside her why would he not go down to the police department with her, even if it was just support and he wouldn't be allowed in the room during the interrogation?

Because they are focusing on the family. New lead, Misty and Ron get drug back in. New tip Misty and Ron get drug back in. Misty and Ron...stories change, LE won't say they passed polygraph. Won't release their house back to em'........all roads point back to them...IMO.

Agree, tehcloser. That is the way this keeps playing out. LE will not "help" the family out by saying they passed their LDs. The story changes have been fast and furious and it's strange that everyone (Ron and family) just keeps accepting and retelling these story changes like they are normal.

The pieces are not fitting together with normal human nature and that usually means something is wrong with the picture. JMO.

This is just my opinion too, tehcloser. LE cannot get past them..........

I am suspicious of Ronald and Misty and wouldn't send one dime to help a person that I suspect knows exactly what happened to Haleigh!

Donations for TES - the professional searchers, yes. A donation for a reward for finding Haleigh, yes. Anything else at this point - an emphatic no.

i would give money for Haleigh's Mom & her family, and to make sure JR is fed & clothed.... so it isn't just about Ron really. Unfortunately, I feel Ron & Misty are responsible for Haleigh's disappearance so I wouldn't feel like donating to a fund that didn't help Mom out too.

I really want the afternoon presser from LE to give us some details but I have a feeling we are going to hear little to nothing!

Now, this is just me but...

If my husband and I were going through this (and even if we weren't married, just boyfriend and girlfriend) and he were taken to the police department for more questioning, I would be there as well.

If Ron "believes Misty is telling the truth" and is standing beside her why would he not go down to the police department with her, even if it was just support and he wouldn't be allowed in the room during the interrogation?

I thought she was driven off right as the presser started? That was my impression, and if true, would explain why he couldn't go there and then.

I have a sad question....

WHY is the reward for her return so low??? Caylee's was very high. WHY is it so very different for different children?

HLN just said they are questioning Ron again too. (After his presser.)

Ron thinks Misty is telling the truth?? About what??

Ron can't pay his bills?? He could if he went back to work. Or, if that's too much to ask, then have the family and friends help out. Begging for donations and selling trinkets with his daughters pic on them is becoming the norm in these cases, I guess. Because most people are compassionate and giving, I suppose the money will come rolling in.

At this point I feel Ronald could go back to work. Guys need to stay busy. It just might help him to get through the day better. He could leave if there was any word of Haleigh.

If money does come rolling in, there needs to be an independent controller of that money, IMO, and not the family.

Kinda O/T but when our family had a tragic unexpected death a few years ago, just about every family members fellow employees took up donations and gave them to us. It was shocking and we sat there stunned. My own sister sent me a check (it was on DH's side). I was like "What's this for?" Her answer, she didn't know what else to do and wanted to do something. None of us had thought about paying bills in the time we waited, thoughts of anything except our loss didn't exist then. It was a shock to be reminded that life was going on around us, even if it seemed stopped for us. But, I do have to say, all the unexpected money was donated to the Families of Fallen Heroes in or loved ones name. Seemed kinda sick to use it for anything else.

I don't have the words to say, that even I would approve of to express how very disappointed I am at catching up on a few threads here today as Haleigh's case has been given it's own forum.

I appreciate the posters who have mercy and wisdom first and foremost concerning Haleigh and her family.

"Money answereth all things", we must help one another. Ron is the sole provider of his family. That provider has been literally slammed off his payroll job by a family crisis that is the heart and terror of every loving parent in all cultures knowing no divides of color, race, sex, age or nationality.

I encourage those that are led to give, your reward shall be great. We don't know who or how many are guilty yet, a grieving Father must have a place to lay his head. Shame!

The comments about not having decent large clear enough photos of Haleigh to view for our discretion, if I had the skills I would photoshop, mix and enlarge, til I came up with an ideal photo for the public to use to try to help locate Haleigh. Then I would forward it to LE and offer it as my way of helping in this case, maybe someone with those skills who claims I wish I could help, can see their way through and be a help to this family and LE. I've seen so many photo shopped comical pranks, jabs, humourous etc... photos done all across the internet, maybe someone here will put that skill to work to help.

I can't even get the facts of the pressor, for the link wouldn't play for me, and I'm still stuck not knowing, only that the Family mentioined donations.

WHY is the reward for her return so low??? Caylee's was very high. WHY is it so very different for different children?

It is sad, isn't it. Maybe because the community itself is not a high income one, people don't have it to spare? Not alot of big business there to put up money?

Was Caylee's this high this quickly? I was out of the country when they Caylee story broke, so I am very sketchy about early details.

Also, I think there are other very unfair reasons such as how the ones pleading for the return come across. I honestly think that the more articulate and groomed they seem, the more willing folks are to dig deep. And I loathe to think that.

I thought she was driven off right as the presser started? That was my impression, and if true, would explain why he couldn't go there and then.

HLN just said they are questioning Ron again too. (After his presser.)

Well, I suppose that might change things of why he didn't go with Misty right away...BUT...why was it so important that Misty had to go right then instead of being there for the presser with Ron? HMMM...

So many questions...so little answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member